Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,095 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? (946 Views)

Inspiring Story Of A Friend Who Achieved His Dream Against All Odds(picture) / Another Nairalander Doing Nigeria Proud In U. A. E / Are You The Reason Your Friend Has Not Achieved His/her Goals..By Lexhan Menkiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? by Esthersblog(f): 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
When you go to the U.S Embassy in Nigeria, especially in Lagos, you will be amazed at the number of applicants you see there. Funny enough, it’s always like that every day because, other applicants who go there to apply on different occasions say the same thing about the crowd they see there.

At the Consular section and sometimes outside the building, you see people cry after being denied. Some applicants even go as far as begging the Consular officers inside to reconsider them after being rejected, like their whole life depends on it. Sometimes with genuine reasons and complete supporting documents to back it up, some applicants are still denied. Nigeria is among the countries with the highest number of U.S visa rejections.

I know it hurts, but are there no other countries to be considered for greener pastures United States used to hold that title but not anymore. One would really have to work very hard as a foreigner to be successful in U.S.

According to a report I read from Vanguard, The U.S. mission in Nigeria says no fewer than 220,000 applied for non-immigrant visas in 2014 and from Oct 1 2014 till May 2015, they have already received 138,578 applications. These consular officers will definitely not approve visas for all applicants.

Until our country Nigeria improves, we will not be respected in another man’s country.

Kindly drop your suggestions, advice and any helpful information about other countries for Nigerians who think success or a better life can only be achieved in U.S.

Source: www.esther.com.ng
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? by Lamasta(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ask some Nigerians
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? by kossyablaze(m): 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
I tire
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? by kilokeys(m): 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
The American Dream

The American Dream is a national ethos of the United States, the set of ideals (Democracy, Rights, Liberty, Opportunity, and Equality) in which freedom includes the opportunity for prosperity and success, and an upward social mobility for the family and children, achieved through hard work in a society with few barriers.

Whats the Nigerian dream? undecided

Mtcheeew.. New York I dey come jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
uhhh.. to answer ur question. let's see

• USA is very developed in all areas

• They have a very good and stable economy compared to Nigeria(abi na Biafra?)

• They give quality education

• a dollar converted to naira is lyk... N230(so just imagine getting 5000$ as ur monthly salary )

• We have a wack president whose azz can't stay put smiley

I'm done. so that's why

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? by goodmorning40: 4:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
when u are from the slums u will understand why
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? by bronzegoddess(f): 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:

• a dollar converted to naira is lyk... N230(so just imagine getting 5000$ as ur monthly salary )

I'm done. so that's why
even average americans don't earn up to $5000 per month
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
bronzegoddess:
even average americans don't earn up to $5000 per month

I was just using dat as an example.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
we yaf hear oo
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? by MathsChic(f): 6:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:

I was just using dat as an example.
Use a more realistic example. Like $1000?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? by Esthersblog(f): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2015
Yea, I get your point. We all love the American dream and also hope for a better Nigeria. But what if the US doesn't work out. The visa are very simple and also hard to get....
kilokeys:
The American Dream

The American Dream is a national ethos of the United States, the set of ideals (Democracy, Rights, Liberty, Opportunity, and Equality) in which freedom includes the opportunity for prosperity and success, and an upward social mobility for the family and children, achieved through hard work in a society with few barriers.

Whats the Nigerian dream? undecided

Mtcheeew.. New York I dey come jare
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Think Success Can Only Be Achieved In U.S? by Esthersblog(f): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2015
Lol. The exchange rate is even higher now. It's so sad though.

But what other options do we have apart from USA since the visa is sometimes an issue for Nigerians?

EroticAngelina:

I'm done. so that's why

(1) (Reply)

Nursing Opportunities In The UK / FFSR: Federal Fire Service Recruitment 2017 | How To Apply For Federal Fire Serv / Deslog Energy Services Limited, Most Preferred HSE Training Institute In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.