Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 (102594 Views)

Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Senegal CAF U23 Championship Semi Final (1 - 0) On 9th December 2015 / Nigeria Vs Algeria: CAF U23 Championship ( 0 - 0) On 5th December 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by onlykach: 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
if they win the trophy they will get N20000 as presidential gift
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by Sunnypa11(m): 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2015
The time for that match is 8pm naija time and i hope our fullbacks will be up and doing
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by 4nobody4every1: 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2015
following cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
I give 10,000 likes!

President may make another phone call. grin
hayorzzyzx:
My prediction NGA 2-0 ALG

If its true you must all give me 1000 Likes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by hayorzzyzx(m): 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2015
GenBuhari:
I give 10,000 likes!
President may make another phone call. grin
Lol,don't get you
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by femmy82(m): 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
Story!!!!!
robosky02:
FACTS:

Nigeria is the first African country to win the Olympic Gold medal in 1996

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by sample042(m): 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2015
Nice
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by chidexxy007(m): 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
JSMMUYIWA:

The defence need to be work upon;
We were saved courtesy of GOD and our keeper;
Our keeper saved a penalty!
Can you imagine a defender of ours close to the ball,as d ball approach goalkicker,yet a player of the opponent about six yards 4rm d back catch up with him,and extended his leg to d ball,d keeper also not calculative enough held his leg,Alas! A penalty!
If not 4 d keeper brilliance d penalty could have cost us!

There were many blunders from the defenders.
Like they ate heavy food just b4 coming to d pitch.
They couldn't run.
Very bad!
Siasia,shud wake up!
This aren't a team fah!
quite agree with u but at least they've achieved the primary aim of the competition. Hopefully, with better preparations and organization they will perform better at the Olympics.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by robosky02(m): 7:37am On Dec 12, 2015
Osimhen will play U23 AFCON final

Nigeria coach Samson Siasia has admitted FIFA U17 hotshot Victor Osimhen's display in the semi-final against Senegal has given him selection headache ahead of Saturday’s final against Algeria.

PREVIEW: Nigeria vs Algeria

Osimhen, 17, headed the ball into the box for goalkeeper and defender to clatter into each other leading to a penalty which Nigeria’s Etebo Oghenekaro converted for the match winner on Wednesday.

“Victor Osimhen had a good outing against Senegal, which is giving me (selection) problems ahead of the final,” admitted Siasia at a pre-match briefing in Dakar.

“I think he will play but I cannot confirm if he will start.”

Osimhen, who scored 10 goals at last month’s U17 World Cup in Chile, has made two appearances as a substitute at the U23 AFCON.

Siasia restated his team’s target on Saturday is to win the U23 AFCON after they qualified for next year’s Rio Olympics.

“The objective was to qualify for the Olympics, which we achieved against Senegal. Now, we’ve set another objective which is to win because we want to win the tournament for our people back in Nigeria.

“We’re very happy to be in the final. It has been a long journey with some ups and downs, but it feels good to be in the final.

“We know our opponents (Algeria) very well having played them (in the group phase) and seeing their matches.”

The coach maintained his team have put behind their cash problems to aim for glory.

“The players worked hard to get to Rio de Janeiro because they want to make the country proud. It doesn’t matter if they have received match bonuses or not, what is important is to play and win for Nigeria,” he urged.

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by robosky02(m): 7:48am On Dec 12, 2015
Nigeria's starting XI

Daniel;

Seth,

Oduduwa,

Amaefule,

Ndifreke;

Azubuike,

Godspower,

Usman,

Kufre,

Etebo,

Ajayi
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by robosky02(m): 8:07am On Dec 12, 2015
Will Siasia strike Gold in Africa again?

Ten years ago after he led Nigeria to win the African Youth Championship in Cotonou, Samson Siasia is on the cusp of becoming a champion coach at U23 level on the continent.

The 48-year-old Siasia has during this past 10 years led Nigeria to the final of the 2005 FIFA U20 World Cup as well as the final of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

On both occasions, only the genius of Lionel Messi and Angel de Maria both of Argentina had denied his team historic victories.

Even before the U23 AFCON kicked off on November 28 in Dakar, Siasia, nicknamed ‘Eusebio’ in his playing days after the legendary Portugal World Cup star, had hogged the headlines after his aged mother was kidnapped in his village in oil-rich southern Nigeria.

His family had to cough out a ransom for his mother to regain her freedom.

On Wednesday, he led his Dream Team VI to upset hosts and favourites Senegal to qualify for next year’s Rio Olympics as well as the final of the U23 AFCON.

He will be up against a team who held them to a scoreless draw in a group game and who many believe are the most complete team in Senegal.

The North Africans, who like Nigeria crashed out in the group stage of the inaugural U23 AFCON in Morocco four years ago, have scored five goals and let in only a goal thus far in Senegal.

Zinedine Ferhat, Meziane Ben Tharham and Oussama Darfalou, who scored with a clever lob in the semi-final against South Africa, have shone on their latest campaign.

“Algeria are most probably the best team in this tournament going by their impressive record – five goals scored and one against,” admitted Nigeria defender Zaharadeen Bello.

“We watched their video before our group game and we will watch that game on video again before the final.

“They not only have a good defence, but also a good attack with their No.7 (Ferhat), No. 10 (Meziane) and No. 9 (Darfalou) very important players, but we have the players to shut them out on Saturday.”

Nigeria’s confidence has been further boosted with the return of suspended skipper Azubike Okechukwu as well as Germany-based striker Taiwo Awoniyi, who missed the semi-final against Senegal on account of an ankle injury.

However, the team’s most dangerous attacking option Stanley Dimgba will again not be available for selection after he suffered an ankle injury in a 2-2 draw with Egypt.

Siasia’s team have shown great character despite going without any cash right from a 10-day pre-tournament training camp in the Gambia last month.

They raised a lot of concerns after they capitulated in the second half of their first two Group B matches against Mali and Egypt, but they have since posted two clean sheets thereafter with Enugu Rangers goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel emerging as one of the team’s stars especially after his eye-catching display against the home team in midweek.

Warri Wolves midfielder Etebo Oghenekaro, who has scored three goals from the penalty spot in Senegal, has been another consistent top performer for the Dream Team.

His class will again be crucial for Nigeria on Saturday as it was against Senegal on Wednesday.

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by klexycole(m): 11:19am On Dec 12, 2015
Oprional2 And Shizzy7,Should We Watch This Match? undecided

Hope The Defence Has Been Worked On?
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by oloriooko(m): 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
The objective of coming for this competition has been achieved so today's match is less important to me

Siasia has fumbled and wobbled his way into Rio and that's what count
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by robosky02(m): 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2015
Oghenekaro Etebo is the leading scorer :

Dream Team VI star forward Oghenekaro Etebo is the leading scorer at the CAF U23 AFCON in Senegal with three goals from four games.

All his goals were from the penalty spot as was the case with Flying Eagles skipper Musa Mohammed, who scored four goals to finish as top scorer at the African Youth Championship also in Senegal in March.

Etebo’s compatriot Junior Ajayi is among those trailing him on the goals chart with two goals.

Other players on two goals are Zinedine Ferhat (Algeria), Haythem Jouini (Tunisia), Ibrahima Keita (Senegal), Menzi Masuku and Gift Motupa (South Africa).

Nigeria face Algeria in the championship final tonight, while South Africa battle hosts Senegal for the third place and the remaining automatic Rio Olympic ticket.

Gabon won the inaugural U23 AFCON in Morocco four years, but they did not qualify for this tournament.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by robosky02(m): 1:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
Algeria head coach Pierre-Andre Schurman has praised his troops following their historic feat of having qualified for their first Olympic games since 1980.

"Our mission was to qualify for the Olympic Games and it is done. I congratulate my players and staff on that," Schurman told Cafonline.com.

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by robosky02(m): 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
WHAT THE COACHES HAVE TO SAY AHEAD OF TODAYS MATCH

Nigeria will face Algeria in the final of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations on Saturday, 12 December 2015 at the Leopold Sedar Senghor Stadium, Dakar.

Ahead of the crunch meeting, Cafonline.com has been speaking to the coaches of the two sides;

Samson Siasia (Head Coach, Nigeria)

We're very happy to be in the final. It has been a long journey with some ups and downs but it feels good to be in the final. We know our opponents (Algeria) very well after playing them (at the group phase) and seeing their matches.

The objective was to qualify for the Olympics which we achieved against Senegal. Now, we've set another objective, which is to win because we want to win the tournament for our people back home in Nigeria.

The players worked hard to get to Rio de Janeiro because they want to make the country proud. It doesn't matter whether they have received match bonuses or not, what is important is to play and win for Nigeria.

Victor Osimhen had a good outing against Senegal which is giving me problems ahead of the final. I think he will play but I cannot confirm if he will start.

Pierre-Andre Schurman (Head Coach, Algeria)

Our mission was to qualify for the Olympic Games and it is done. I congratulate my players and staff on that. Our qualification is historic in the sense that it has been 35-years since Algeria last qualified for the Olympic Games.

It was worth waiting and for a coach from a country like Switzerland, it is quiet weird.

The final will never be the same (like the meeting at the group phase). It is a different game and we will have a different philosophy because it is an important game for the two coaches.

We will focus on our strategy. Every coach would like to go offensive but the basic is defence. When you are building a house, you need a strong foundation to support it.

The difference will be the goals scored and once you have an opportunity, you have to score.

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by Kyase(m): 2:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
Only luck will win it for Us
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by loudmouth9ja: 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
I PREDICT ALGERIA TO WIN 1 - 2
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by Tpumpz(m): 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2015
We need goal
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by robosky02(m): 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2015
Two matches will go down in the final day of the u23 caf championship

1. Third place match

Senegal vs South Africa

the match is expected to be more than a consolatory medal match as it will produce the winner will book the final ticket to RIO 2016 olympics

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by austynoh: 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
What else can wish them,other than the best of luck as they file-out tonight against the a more or less stiffer opposition the Algerians...Though I foresee a very tough encounter tonight,but we shall have the upper hand by God's grace.

So Guys Go out there and make your father's land proud!

Meanwhile you can Download some of the best football betting and Forex trading systems you can ever find online and more premium ones shall be added for your downloading pleasure.. wink

===>>> Download All Here <<<
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by robosky02(m): 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2015
2 Nigeria vs Algeria (Finals)

this will produce the real champions of africa and indeed settle the score between Nigeria and Algeria

lets go there

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by porshuch: 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2015
Naija will win this match with 2-1

Finally my prediction don come to pass o. Up dream team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by cacubaba2015(m): 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2015
All the best naija
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by chuckd112: 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
Go to go eagles. Wish u all success.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by pacific2015: 3:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
Up naija
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by Yhemit(m): 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
Abegiii wch tv station go show am tonight?
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by chuckd112: 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
Good to go naija. All d best.
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by confun: 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2015
I hope say gotv go show d match sha
Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by just2endowed: 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
What matters most is that we have qualified. Need a warranty and original SanDisk 64gig class 10 loaded with box office HD movies and Android movies. Only on request.

Re: Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 by saintkel(m): 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2015
hayorzzyzx:
My prediction NGA 2-0 ALG

If its true you must all give me 1000 Likes
the most important thing is dat we qualified for olympics, even thought we won't pass group stage, anyway Goodluck Nigeria. Missing my hero GEJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics / Josip Ilicic Caught His Wife Cheating, May Not Play Against PSG / Lady Caught Giving Her Man Hand Job Inside The Stadium At The 2018 World Cup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.