Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Who Drives Manual? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Who Drives Manual? (4550 Views)

Salvage King. Vehicles That Runs And Drives Only Pre-order From USA today! / 406 Right Hand Drives 97,98,99,00,01,02,03, CAMRY 97,98,99 PENCIL LIGHT / Manual Drives Vs Automatic Drives In Cars: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Drives Manual? by Hunter(m): 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2006
I'm curious mow many of you nairaland(ians) are able to drive a manual car?

I can but very few of my friends can,
Re: Who Drives Manual? by mamaput(f): 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2006
I hate Automatic gears.
I need something to play with .
Re: Who Drives Manual? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:19pm On Oct 23, 2006
mamaput:

I hate Automatic gears.
I need something to play with .

shocked lol

I can but i enjoy driving auto, it's like a toy grin
Re: Who Drives Manual? by buchio7(m): 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2006
I lov manual gear systems. Ooooohhhh, laa, laaaa! dey put u in control of d car n deres noting i lov like hearing d rev of dat engine when u fire a manual drive v-6 engined car. Its pure bliss.
Auto is for women, tufiakwa!!!!!!
Re: Who Drives Manual? by nosa101(f): 7:29pm On Oct 27, 2006
Automatic for lazy arse gits like me
Re: Who Drives Manual? by BlackMamba(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2006
I can drive manual but I choose not to. Driving is a task for me already. Clutch engagement, especially in city traffic is another stress I can do without.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by Hunter(m): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2006
yeah come to think of it in Lagos it would probably be less than enjoyable through all the congestion.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by jammin(m): 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2006
are'nt manual an extinct specie? except for the sporty and racing model cars? i cant tell the last time i saw one of those except at rallies
Re: Who Drives Manual? by buchio7(m): 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2006
jammin:

are'nt manual an extinct specie? except for the sporty and racing model cars? i can't tell the last time i saw one of those except at rallies

chei, chei, chei, how can ppl say that manual is a toy? manual is the real mans car, men i cant drive auto that is for women, i cant imagine driving a v6 car in auto transmission, I will be wasting the engine. The fun,adrenaline pumping fun of riding a fast car can only, ONLY be enjoyed with manual transmission.

They shd scrap that auto nonsense or restrict it to just women or woosies.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by KDK(m): 9:57am On Nov 25, 2006
I love manuals 'because with manual gears, you tell the car what to do (e.g accelerate to maximum, 3 step spin) and the car tries it's best to meet up with your demand hence its being used in race cars and stunt cars cos u need to clutch to enable some stunts but auto cars tell you what they want to do and then you have to resist them (Rubbish  angry ).
If you love being in control,then manual is the ride for you;moreover, even my monkey can drive an auto.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by buchio7(m): 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2006
KDK:

I love manuals 'because with manual gears, you tell the car what to do (e.g accelerate to maximum, 3 step spin) and the car tries it's best to meet up with your demand hence its being used in race cars and stunt cars because u need to clutch to enable some stunts but auto cars tell you what they want to do and then you have to resist them (Rubbish angry ).
If you love being in control,then manual is the ride for you;moreover, even my monkey can drive an auto.

AMEN , AMEN, AMEN, TO UR QUOTE MY BROTHER
Re: Who Drives Manual? by ruescho(m): 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2006
Depends on the car: my luxury Mercedes S-Class is with automatic, my sportive Porsche 928 with manual gear grin grin grin
Re: Who Drives Manual? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:20pm On Nov 27, 2006
@ ruescho abi you get megabucks how you afford such fin cars
or maybe you dey do am Jammo style buy expensive vehicle live inside Apartment grin
Re: Who Drives Manual? by ruescho(m): 9:26pm On Nov 27, 2006
No prob I live in Germany, old Porsche 928 u can have here starting from 3000 bucks.
http://www.autoscout24.de/home/index/list.asp?make=57&model=1952&eurofrom=1000&euroto=0&hpfrom=0&hpto=0&yearfrom=0&yearto=0&radius=0&zip=PLZ&carsperpage=20&country=D&sort=price&Submit1=Suche+starten
Wonder how much it would be if I import it to Nigeria
S´posse there will be no spare parts and the custom will eat more money I make with this car. embarassed
Re: Who Drives Manual? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:30pm On Nov 27, 2006
3000 Euro for a Porsche 928 shocked shocked shocked
When i finish school i will import that as my first car!!!
Re: Who Drives Manual? by jammin(m): 11:59pm On Nov 27, 2006
jasboy4life dont you go making jokes at my expense abeg cheesy am i getting the lingo rite? i can drive a manual. my first car was a nissan sunny ex. everything was powered. however i had learned to drive on a shift stick/manual. i live in the city, apt are a way of life.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:30am On Nov 28, 2006
lol ok jammin no vex, but de ting is dat jamaicans love to floss, noting wrong wid it
Re: Who Drives Manual? by matsumoto(m): 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2006
auto gears stink, id stick to the stick any day any time. whoever thought out the statement power is nothing without control obviously didnt have only pirelli in mind, i mean, whats the essence of so much power without being able to make it respond to the pulse of ur wrist??
Re: Who Drives Manual? by jammin(m): 2:37am On Nov 29, 2006
nooo maaan i not vex!! yhow my skin thick, stuff like that dont bother me, also i know you were joking.

talking bout manual now. One of the worst thing that can happen to a driver of stick, is the pressure it put on your left calf. especially when you just start drive. Ever in a line of traffic and have to keep shadowing the clutch, then disengage the engine fully, cos ur too close to the vehicle in front. then you keep doin that for 2 miles.
Consider doing that in a car without A/C. stick was yesterday technology, and for me---- good riddance.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:40am On Nov 29, 2006
Get a light clutch grin grin grin
Re: Who Drives Manual? by jammin(m): 2:54am On Nov 29, 2006
that would'nt be it. its about the height of the clutch. The taller the clutch, the more distance and more energy to depress the clutch to the floor.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:06am On Nov 29, 2006
Trusay, I drive Automatic grin, I figure its less stress
And i could trully care about the "true feeling" one gets from drving stick
Re: Who Drives Manual? by segedoo(m): 5:07pm On Dec 04, 2006
i dig the stick anyday. imagine going from 2 to 4!!!

An auto maxima i drive now don dey get time delay problems! i mean u put it in drive and it either doesn't move at all or slowly picks up. atimes, it even jerks off suddenly.

if u like to live life by your rules and be in control then the manual's yours.
Re: Who Drives Manual? by buchio7(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2006
amen to ur quote
Re: Who Drives Manual? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:47am On Dec 08, 2006
Look man if you want luxury don't go for Stick
If you want something sport, by all means
Re: Who Drives Manual? by promise72(m): 7:17am On Dec 20, 2006
it all depends. some cars dont even offer manual. no matter how bad you want it. ie lex430, mbz500, 750il etc.

however, i will tell you that they all have plus and minuses. a manual shift will last 2 lifetimes than an auto. you need less maintenance for manual. your get a slightly better gas mileage on a manual than auto (for the same type of car of course)

and if you break down, you can still do the ol' oga i beg help me push and start trick smiley
no can do for auto.

auto is more easy. and if you are in lagos you'll appreciate auto in traffic jam. also in hilly road going uphill you can stop and wait without the clutch & brake deal. You 'll lightly apply brake or sometimes no brake.

as far as i know. just know how to drive them both. cos real men drive manual smiley
Re: Who Drives Manual? by eniola1310(f): 11:14am On Dec 20, 2006
i like the manual when i want to perform stunts.
come lagos traffick, auto is my choice
Re: Who Drives Manual? by texazzpete(m): 11:53am On Dec 20, 2006
all those who say auto's are 4 women, grow up!! learn to use easier tools available! there's nothing macho in deliberately making your work harder
Re: Who Drives Manual? by bigspif(m): 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2006
I CAN DRIVE A MANUAL, BUT DANMMMMM!!!!!!!!! WHY SHOULD I WHEN TECHNOLOGY HAS MADE DRIVING MORE EASIER, FOR ME ITS AUTO ANYTIME ANYDAY. I LUV RELAXING
Re: Who Drives Manual? by Bishop(m): 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2006
Mamaput,

what u need is ajoy stick and not a manual gear that way you can have what to play with till the end of time

grin
Re: Who Drives Manual? by sammyjl(f): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2006
I do cheesy
Re: Who Drives Manual? by vizion: 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2006
men its a manual any day any time
i prefer a manual even in traffic congestion where its easier for me to drag road
manual makes driving fun not just relaxing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1999/2000 Crv Jeep(canadian Spec) For Sale price reduced / Deal or No Deal 2000 Model Ford E250 Cargo Van- On Hire Purchase Deal / »»» Toks Honda CRV 08 @ N3.7M Negotiable «««

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.