Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Appeal Court Upholds The Election Of Hon Emeka Anohu Of Pdp - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Appeal Court Upholds The Election Of Hon Emeka Anohu Of Pdp (369 Views)

Bad State Of Library In Daura: Emeka Offor Steps In To Help (Photos) / Appeal Court Allows Hijab In Lagos Primary And Secondary Schools / Appeal Court Upholds The Election Of Hon Emeka Anohu Of Pdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Upholds The Election Of Hon Emeka Anohu Of Pdp by darlingtonNYIG(m): 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
The Appeal court in Enugu state has today 10th December 2015 delivered its judgment on the election of Hon Emeka Anohu of the Peoples Democratic Party, as the appeal filed by Mr. Ifeanyi Chidi Momah of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) was struck out in a unanimous decision read by the lead judge, Justice Mobolaji Yusuf.
In his reaction to the court ruling, Anohu, who is the Deputy Chairman House Committee on Basic Education, expressed happiness with the judgment. He said he was never fearful of losing at the appeal as the mandate given to him was devoid of any irregularities. He said. ‘’ the election was free, fair and credible and thus met all the tenet required in a democratic setting, hence, was irrevocable by any court’’.
The PDP legislator further stated he holds no grudges against his challenger for trying out his luck at the tribunals, but insisted he was at the Green Chambers to bring purposeful representation to the people of Ihiala federal constituency who have given him the mandate to represent them at the federal level.
He said. ‘’ this is the beauty of democracy because my opponent has exercised his legal right to challenge my election but I give thanks to God that the appeal upheld the ruling made by the Tribunal. I thank my constituency for the faith they have continued to repose in me and promise to uphold my campaign promises’’.
He further called out to his challenger to join hands with him and develop Ihiala federal constituency in order to bring the desired change expected in the constituency.
Sponsored by Ejezie Darlington.

(1) (Reply)

Study Abroad With Ease. / Farrah Abraham Nude Ever 1 Or So A Meme Makes It To A Person's Front Area. / Sokoto State School Of Nursing/ Midwifery 2015/2016 APPLICATION FORM FORUM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.