Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

How It Is To Live As A Doctor In Victoria Islands, Lagos? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How It Is To Live As A Doctor In Victoria Islands, Lagos? (1089 Views)

A Doctor Reveals The Only Thing That Truly Separates Doctors From Nurses / Ada Priscilla Nzimiro, First Female Doctor In Igboland / What Is The Lowest Income A Person Living In Lagos Should Earn To Live Decently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How It Is To Live As A Doctor In Victoria Islands, Lagos? by drck: 4:08am On Dec 11, 2015
Hi There,
I am Dr.CK , I have been offered a job as a General Practitioner from Gleneagles Medical Healthcare Ltd, based at Victoria Island, Lagos.
I am actually fascinated by this job offer but i am also confused on making a decision.
I have been reading the posts in this forum and most were informative, but, i still have some queries and it would be a huge favor for me if i could get some right information & suggestions.
My queries are as follows:
1. How much value does a doctor have in a society? aspects of respect, response & safety
2. How much does a doctor earn? as i have been offered 300,000 Naira/month + Food + Accommodation, is this package worth
3. Would my salary be enough just for surviving or will i be able make some savings
4. What all terms of contract i will have to take a double check?
Re: How It Is To Live As A Doctor In Victoria Islands, Lagos? by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 11, 2015
Is this ur first job doc? If yes, then grab it for more experience purposes ...u never know until ur IN..
Re: How It Is To Live As A Doctor In Victoria Islands, Lagos? by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 11, 2015
They offered you 300,000 naira per month!!!!!!!!! + food + accommodation and you are here talking about respect and shitss.??

Why are you rubbing it in bro?
Take the goddamn deal Doc and stop making us feel bad.

2 Likes

Re: How It Is To Live As A Doctor In Victoria Islands, Lagos? by Gamesmart: 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
Tell us more about your experience level and if it is foreign or local experience.

Are you a junior or senior doctor? How many years experience do you have?

Is the accommodation in a serviced apartment and are they paying the annual service charges?

Is the food when you are at work?

What about transportation? They are not giving car and driver?
Re: How It Is To Live As A Doctor In Victoria Islands, Lagos? by ERONX(m): 2:47pm On Dec 11, 2015
Dude grab d job with both hands.... 300k is nice for a start up salary... The problem of living in VI is the high cost of accommodation, but with 600k you can get yourself a standard self contain apartment or better still you can get a cheaper 2 bedroom flat around obalende
Re: How It Is To Live As A Doctor In Victoria Islands, Lagos? by danton(m): 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2015
Tell us your experience before I can judge
Re: How It Is To Live As A Doctor In Victoria Islands, Lagos? by drck: 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hi there, I am a Foreign Medical Graduate with one year experience in Australia & three years and eight months experience in India.
I have been offered a position as a General Practitioner for one of the clinics of Gleneagles Medical Healthcare Ltd located in Victoria Islands, Lagos, the clinic is a 6-8 bedded facility. Others terms which they quoted are as follows:
*Accommodation & Conveyance in Nigeria will be provided by the client for Free of cost.
*Candidate will be accommodated in the Individual rooms in the Hospital Building itself.
*Service staff & Cook is available there who can manage all the daily chores for the candidate.
Gamesmart:
Tell us more about your experience level and if it is foreign or local experience.

Are you a junior or senior doctor? How many years experience do you have?

Is the accommodation in a serviced apartment and are they paying the annual service charges?

Is the food when you are at work?

What about transportation? They are not giving car and driver?
Re: How It Is To Live As A Doctor In Victoria Islands, Lagos? by Gamesmart: 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
drck:
Hi there, I am a Foreign Medical Graduate with one year experience in Australia & three years and eight months experience in India.
I have been offered a position as a General Practitioner for one of the clinics of Gleneagles Medical Healthcare Ltd located in Victoria Islands, Lagos, the clinic is a 6-8 bedded facility. Others terms which they quoted are as follows:
*Accommodation & Conveyance in Nigeria will be provided by the client for Free of cost.
*Candidate will be accommodated in the Individual rooms in the Hospital Building itself.
*Service staff & Cook is available there who can manage all the daily chores for the candidate.

Is this a temporary role?

This appears as if they are not giving you any real accommodation on the long term.

This is an accommodation you can't move your family in if you decide to have one, you can't furnish and design as you wish and you can't have social occasions in.

You will need your own apartment if it is long term. If it is, what is being offered is just something that allows them to put you on 24 hours call, not for your convenience.

A 2-bed apartment in the VI locality would set you back between N2m and N3m per year, add anywhere between N100K to N800K per year for services (if it is a Serviced Apartment residential set-up and depending on what services are being provided).

A 2-bed on the mainland (further out) world be between N0.7m to N1.5m.

(1) (Reply)

Finding The Right Career Path / Pharmacy Vs Medicine. / 10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.