Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,508 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? (1333 Views)

Hello Webmasters, How Can I Create This Kind Of Facebook App / You Too Can Create This / Why I'm Called The King Of E-commerce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? by bakenda(m): 9:25am On Dec 11, 2015
We want to create an online shopping platform where users can also have their own
stores to sell stuff and manage. Something similar to Konga.
What's the best way to go about this? Software and plugings
- Woocommerce, Opencart...?

Thank you.
Re: What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? by yomalex(m): 9:49am On Dec 11, 2015
bakenda:
We want to create an online shopping platform where users can also have their own

Thank you.
You can use the same platforms like Jumia and Konga use. you can also use the Vendor addon on WooCommerce too.
I have a bundle of 146 WooCommerce addons if you are interested let me know
Re: What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? by bakenda(m): 11:15am On Dec 11, 2015
yomalex:

You can use the same platforms like Jumia and Konga use. you can also use the Vendor addon on WooCommerce too.

Ok, thanks. What platforms do Konga and Jumia use. Do those addons take on the design of the
main theme?
Re: What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? by yomalex(m): 11:27am On Dec 11, 2015
bakenda:

Ok, thanks. What platforms do Konga and Jumia use. Do those addons take on the design of the
main theme?
Open Cart
The addons add extra functionality to WooCommerce see here http://www.woothemes.com/product-category/woocommerce-extensions/
Re: What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? by oapeleo1: 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
bakenda:

Thank you.

If you want to design Ecommerce woocommerce has its benifits and serious disadvantages

Benefits
1. It is simple to operate and flexible
2. There millions of woocommerce templates out there to choose from. And you can get one that has never been used before
3. There are many plugins to improve the website.
You can even ask at www.cobuh.com and 200+ plugins will be sent to your email.
4. If you are used to WordPress then you don't have any problem
Etc.

Disadvantages
1. WordPress we know is not secure. And can be hacked. Thats a huge risk when it comes to Ecommerce, now money is involved.
2. Most WordPress plugins come with bugs and hence are not trusted.
3. WordPress responsive feel, takes a long time to load on phones and are not visible on operamini
Etc.

Suggestions
Get a dedicated Ecommerce cms
Prestashop, open cart, mangento, etc.

If you need someone to design it for you
Visit www.apeledesigns.com/web-design

Or if you need someone to guide you as you design it yourself ask www.cobuh.com
Re: What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? by RockMaxi: 5:31pm On Dec 12, 2015

@OP, if you need help on Open Cart you can PM, I have some plugins.
If you have some hundreds of dollars to spend, you can go for Prestashop.
I started with Prestashop and it's ok.
On the other hand Open Cart requires details and time to customize but preferred because of some extensions that you could easily customize to suit your purpose.
Re: What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? by bakenda(m): 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
yomalex:

Do you know of a woocommerce theme similar to konga.com in design?
Re: What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? by donsheddy1(m): 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
For me, I used opencart to achieve what you're asking for. WordPress is secure only when you understand it and understand how you can prevent being hacked.

Also if you want templates similar to the aforementioned sites, I can design them for you just the way you like it. 08031975415
Re: What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? by yomalex(m): 8:30am On Dec 26, 2015
bakenda:

Do you know of a woocommerce theme similar to konga.com in design?
I have been under a ban by a mod.Not exact but check this mythemeshop.com/themes/woocart/
Re: What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? by bakenda(m): 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
yomalex:
I have been under a ban by a mod.Not exact but check this mythemeshop.com/themes/woocart/

THANKS
Re: What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? by DOCTORDONE: 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
See our signature please.
Re: What's The Best Way To Create This Kind Of E-commerce Site? by quest4s: 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
Please don't be fooled Jumia n Konga run on magneto

(1) (Reply)

Get Any Popular Blog Wordpress Theme Free Here / How Many People Still Remember Their 2go Password / Premium Web Hosting Service Provider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.