Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Anansi's Dead Grandmother - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Anansi's Dead Grandmother (1580 Views)

Anansi And Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anansi's Dead Grandmother by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 11, 2015
Anansi is a trickster spider god renowed in parts of Africa, and many stories are told about him. This is one about how Anasi swindled the shopkeeper and tiger with his dead grandmother.

Surprised? Lol. Don’t be.

You see, one day Anansi’s grandmother died. She died a soft sweet death.

She died a long way from home, so Anansi goes across the island with his handcart, and he gets his grandmother’s body, and puts it on the handcart, and he wheels it home. He’s going to bury her by the banyan tree out the back of his hut, you see. Now, he’s passing through the town, after pushing his grandmother’s corpse in the cart all morning, and he thinks I need some whisky.

So he goes into the shop, for there is a shop in that village, a store that sells everything, where the shopkeeper is a very nasty-tempered man...

Read the rest at www.laolusblog.

(1) (Reply)

Great Secret In Evil Blood (a Very Scary True Life Story) / [A Must Read] “my ‘olosho’ Girlfriend” – An Interesting Story By DISTINCTION / My First Bet9ja Virtual Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.