Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? (15667 Views)

Some Employers Are Just Harsh / Common Reasons Why Most Job Seekers Never Get Invited For Interviews / Can Any Two Persons Fit Into This Description? Some Employers Sha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by Datevilme: 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2015
So, i was somewhere in Abuja for an interview yesterday. I was actually scheduled for 10am, i got there at about 9:45am, unfortunately i, and other candidates were made to wait outside under the sun, no seats whatsoever, we were just standing for many hours, before we were finally attended to.

Its really a pity that companies who flaunt themselves as topnotch in the country cannot properly carry out an organized interview exercise. Its high time employers in the country stop treating graduates as if they are begging for jobs, we went through school, and we earned our degrees, we deserve more respect than is being accorded us.

Anyways, when i finally got seated for my interview, and they asked me what i could offer the company, i made sure i pointed out the fact that their organization for the interview was poor, and i could do a better job. They promply told me "We will get back to you"... i hope they do cry cry cry.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by UdohOby(f): 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
It's quite unfortunate that graduates are treated like that in this country. Mine was that we were left out in the rain for over 30mins, and after we struggled to get in, I was interviewed by some minutes before 4pm, an interview I left my house before 7am to attend.

I do hope they call you. God dey sha.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by HaykayIsOkay(m): 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
I had one ugly experience like that also. The truth is that we should correct that when we became an employers of labor also cause very soon we will sure get to the topmost top cause that's where we belong.Thanks and God bless.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by afolayangs(m): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
Mine was 9am and got interviewed by 5pm. They paid for my flight ticket sha and one night hotel room and i finally got the job.

lesson learnt: the timing should not discourage us but they should provide a conducive environment.

It is well with all of us

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by GodMode: 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by kiddkash(m): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
because they can
Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by 2016Utmerunz: 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
I hate nigeria interview

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by mahyowah(m): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
Datevilme:
So, i was somewhere in Abuja for an interview yesterday. I was actually scheduled for 10am, i got there at about 9:45am, unfortunately i, and other candidates were made to wait outside under the sun, no seats whatsoever, we were just standing for many hours, before we were finally attended to.

Its really a pity that companies who flaunt themselves as topnotch in the country cannot properly carry out an organized interview exercise. Its high time employers in the country stop treating graduates as if they are begging for jobs, we went through school, and we earned our degrees, we deserve more respect than is being accorded us.

Anyways, when i finally got seated for my interview, and they asked me what i could offer the company, i made sure i pointed out the fact that their organization for the interview was poor, and i could do a better job. They promply told me "We will get back to you"... i hope they do cry cry cry.
because most Nigerian employers dont give a hey about people and i like your courage at the end.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by Bitterleafsoup: 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
So many candiates come in and act mumu don't blame us.

You will come for interview in a professional office with slippers, jeans and t-shirt...
You will come in breath smelling like dry fish and egusi....
You will come in with stained and dirty CV...
You will come in without your certificates and letter of refrences...
You will come in and not greet people, as if you had no upbringing...

If you would have answer me that way I wouold have called security, so your lucky!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by DGD1(m): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
they know you can do anything to get the job,
where is the job that you will afford to be doing shakara.

God help Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
Op, want to be treated like a king, that cool,.. you should have created a job 4 ur self .. remember no 1 promise you a job after school, u were only sent there to be educated ...

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by Bsc(m): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
K
Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by YerYer: 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
That's terrible, but getting a job after graduation isn't an entitlement. Still not a reason to treat applicants like disposable wipes.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by SexyAma(f): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
I pray they get back to you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by eipreel(f): 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
Because they feel they are doing you a favour and saving your life by employing you

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by tunwumi: 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2015
1. Note that they will treat u they way they like as u are actually begging them to give u the job

2. So wicked one will use that as part of ur interview to see your response to provocation or attitude to unfavourable condition

3. It is the employer paradise both the knife and the yam is in their custody.

Datevilme:

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by clevadani: 6:48pm On Dec 11, 2015
It is because some people did not really earn their degrees.
Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by damton(m): 6:49pm On Dec 11, 2015
You are hungry and in need of a source of income .

inotherwords, a job seeker is more or less at the mercy of any recruiting organization

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by Cutehector(m): 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2015
Datevilme:

pls send me ur account number, u deserve a bottle of wine for dat answer to their question

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by RealAlfranco: 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2015
All this interviewers will ridicule job seekers like its funny. I'm not one to shy away from trolling someone when presented with a chance. I'll jst role like Omondi

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by Isryl02(m): 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2015
Bros, if you are not an experienced fellow or an expert you will be treated anyhow, they know the number of people that are desperate to get the job, so they don't give a rat a*s about you sad

Welcome to Naija sad

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by Cutehector(m): 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2015
Swanky092:
I met my secondary school maths teacher, he asked for the direction to Zenith Bank in my area.
I told him to make a 2pie turn, walk for abt 1.8metres (round that up to the nearest tens), you’ll then see a shop which is perpendicular to your right,make an obtuse angle turn and you’ll see the bank at a distance of about X metres of which x can easily be gotten from the log 4 base 2 =2x.
Let him feel what I felt as a student during his Maths class.
hahahhahahahah.. Wicked! grin very painful

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
When our country treats us like trash why won't employers do same....

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by RedBororo(m): 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
bro that's how the game goes, some years back I left Lagos to attend an interview in Kogi. the interview was for 9am but the HR person never attended to us till 12noon,saying the HR Manager we start the interview by 5pm, guy not accommodate, no feeding and no transport allowance. finished the interview at abt 7pm,coe dey find KY way back to Lagos. Today is all history.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by damocheezy(m): 6:54pm On Dec 11, 2015
One of the reasons some employers treat graduates like trash is because some graduates have presented themselves as trash too. Let me also stress the fact that some interviews come in unconventional approaches.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 11, 2015
grin

If you no fit wait, dey go house.

That's what one gate man at Trans Amadi told me.

After waiting from 9am to 2pm.

I was hungry and couldn't even go out to eat, I didn't want to be the unwise virgin who didn't come with oil in her lamp.

I didn't eat the previous day because the interview didn't give me space for an appetite.

After waiting till 4:15, Secretary came out and said. "You guys are still here? Oga has travelled oh, so its till next week or whenever we send you a message, I thought I told you guys, Na una know sha"

About 17 of us in suits and oily faces due to the sun and the stress.

All my crammed 'Interview-English' faded away and I found myself stammering.
I stood up, and trekked home. Not because I didn't have transport fare, but because it was an opportunity to think about my life.

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by lonelydora: 6:54pm On Dec 11, 2015
I can never work for such a company that keep people under the sun. Its a sign that workers suffer. A good company should inform their security personnel of your coming.

If I get to their gate and stand for like 30minutes without anyone acknowledging my presence, I will leave. It's as simple as that.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by yorex2011: 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2015
its really annoying at times. no matter what one's perception of another,there must always be respect. when i get to the top i will ensure this crap stops. check my signature

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by dammytosh: 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2015
Datevilme:

Next time leave.

If they treat candidates like that., Staff will suffer more.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by Rexphobia(m): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2015
Topnotch? Just throw a Nigerian in the mix

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Employers Treat Candidates For Interviews Like Thrash? by mohammad11: 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
Its almost a general thing in nigeria but you just have to be patience with the situations bro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scam Interview / What Do Recruiters Look For In A Resumé At First Glance? / Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.