Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

4 Failures Of The Big Bang Theory. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 4 Failures Of The Big Bang Theory. (1472 Views)

See The Big Python Killed In My Community. (pics) / Physics With Seun - Understanding Scientific Theories | The Big Bang Theory / Big Bang And Evolution Theory Are The Two Greatest Scam In Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Failures Of The Big Bang Theory. by mrphysics(m): 5:50pm On Dec 11, 2015
Everyone talk and thinks about the big bang. Even those that do not know the meaning also believe in it's gospel and thoerem without knowing it has its own failures and challenges. I will briefly lead you into the meaning and the challenges of the big bang.

What is the Big Bang
Big bang is one of the model that tries to explain the evolution of the universe. Due to its evidences, it remains the best model. Other models fails because why in quest to explain a problem they create other problems

EVIDENCES OF THE BIG BANG

The expanding universe

Cosmic microwave background radiation

Abundances of high elements in the universe.

MODELS IN COSMOLOGY

Big bang model

Tired light model

Static model

Guage model

PROBLEMS OF THE BIG BANG

Faltness problem:
it is crystal clear that our universe is nearly flat in nature. Even using the homogeneity and isotropic nature of the universe when can attest to that fact. Theoretical evidences suggest that it is very unlikely to cause an explosion propagated by the big bang theory.

Horizon problem:
Clearly looking at the microwave background radiation coming from clearly different parts of the sky, it is observed that they have the same temperature of about 2.7K. the question is how did they have this same temperature? Note: the inability to receive a signal from some distant point because of the finite speed of light is termed horizon problem in cosmology.

Relic particle problem:
!
Any particle left after over from the early, hot stages of the universe is called a relic particle. The big bang model predicts that we should see such relics but we don’t. the production of exotic high energy particles is the gospel preached by the big bang. But the current universe if too clod to produce the reactions required to make these particles.

Structural problem:

The gospel of the big bang only told us they was an explosion/bang. What bang, why it banged, what happened before it banged. The universe is so clumpy with different sizes of objects, the reason for this hierarchy of clumps was not explained by the evangelists of the big bang. This is called the structural problem.

just to educate my fellow nairalanders. Other contributions from other physicists and cosmologists would be appreciated.
Re: 4 Failures Of The Big Bang Theory. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 11, 2015
ah yes, these are the problems that plague us.

so annoying, sure. but eventually, they will be resolved. smiley
Re: 4 Failures Of The Big Bang Theory. by mrphysics(m): 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2015
Teempakguy:

perhaps by modification of the theory. I think a new one is coming out that will give answers to these challenges of the big bang. I just pray, it does not create more problems on its own
Re: 4 Failures Of The Big Bang Theory. by johnydon22(m): 10:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
Teempakguy:

mrphysics:

perhaps by modification of the theory. I think a new one is coming out that will give answers to these challenges of the big bang. I just pray, it does not create more problems on its own
The horizon and flatness problem were solved by the cosmic inflation theory.

Horizon problem:
Answer: Since this problem suggests that light hasn't had enough time to travel through out the sides of the universe, how come they have uniformed temperature.

The inflation theory traces this to the Point when the universe was just a small point of infinite energy.

There were two stages of cosmic expansion.. The first rapid inflation took 10-28 seconds from which a rapid inflation occurred from that too small a point of inflation..

Second expansion has taken 13.5billion years as asserted by conventional big bang theory.

So going by the first expansion Rapid inflation, the universe was at a very small point that every aspect of it had enough time to interact in order to achieve uniformed temperature.

this weirdly fast inflation was possible through repulsive gravity... This mechanism suggests gravity can provide a push not just pull.

So at that tiny size of the young universe before the rapid inflation, every atom had enough time to interact to achieve uniformed energy density and temperature.

Flatness problem:
Answer: Conventional big bang theory suggests the more the universe expands the less dense it gets.

the inflation theory suggests that space/time can be forced by inflation to expand while the density of the universe remains constant and as such maintains a critical density.

theory of relativity shows space as a geometrical fabric, so as the universe expands in three dimensional mode the fabrics gets flatter forcing the universe towards critical density.

and thus keeps expanding forever at a very slow rate until time reaches infinity ...

Structural problem:
Well i don't think the big bang asserts an explosion or bang, people often mistake the rapid inflation to mean explosion mostly because of it's name..

The conventional big bang doesn't account for what happened before the inflation of the singularity, it only traces back the expansion and inflation of the universe to an infinite point. (singularity)

Different sizes in objects can be attributed to gravitational signature resulting from differences in Mass.

What we know is that as it stands we are far from getting 5% of what is there to know about the universe, and so as it stands we should keep our heads high and employ consistent study, we will eventually unravel many that seem to be mystery for now..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Failures Of The Big Bang Theory. by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 12, 2015
johnydon22:
The horizon and flatness problem were solved by the cosmic inflation theory.

Horizon problem:
Answer: Since this problem suggests that light hasn't had enough time to travel through out the sides of the universe, how come they have uniformed temperature.

The inflation theory traces this to the Point when the universe was just a small point of infinite energy.

There were two stages of cosmic expansion.. The first rapid inflation took 10-28 seconds from which a rapid inflation occurred from that too small a point of inflation..

Second expansion has taken 13.5billion years as asserted by conventional big bang theory.

So going by the first expansion Rapid inflation, the universe was at a very small point that every aspect of it had enough time to interact in order to achieve uniformed temperature.

this weirdly fast inflation was possible through repulsive gravity... This mechanism suggests gravity can provide a push not just pull.

So at that tiny size of the young universe before the rapid inflation, every atom had enough time to interact to achieve uniformed energy density and temperature.

Flatness problem:
Answer: Conventional big bang theory suggests the more the universe expands the less dense it gets.

the inflation theory suggests that space/time can be forced by inflation to expand while the density of the universe remains constant and as such maintains a critical density.

theory of relativity shows space as a geometrical fabric, so as the universe expands in three dimensional mode the fabrics gets flatter forcing the universe towards critical density.

and thus keeps expanding forever at a very slow rate until time reaches infinity ...

Structural problem:
Well i don't think the big bang asserts an explosion or bang, people often mistake the rapid inflation to mean explosion mostly because of it's name..

The conventional big bang doesn't account for what happened before the inflation of the singularity, it only traces back the expansion and inflation of the universe to an infinite point. (singularity)

Different sizes in objects can be attributed to gravitational signature resulting from differences in Mass.

What we know is that as it stands we are far from getting 5% of what is there to know about the universe, and so as it stands we should keep our heads high and employ consistent study, we will eventually unravel many that seem to be mystery for now..
I have only an issue with the structural problem. I don't think it is much of a problem as the theory doesn't attempt to explain anything beyond the big bang.

I have a problem with the rapid inflation theory though. it invents too much "nonsense" which, to me, isn't scientific enough. I mean, what is, repulsive gravity?
I require more evidence before i can consider it a solved problem. but of course, it will give rise to a host of other problems. I mean, why matter and not antimatter? or does antimatter bend space in the opposite direction matter does, thereby achieving repulsive gravity? this could mean that antimatter is responsible for stretching the universe. but again, we need proof. such as the eLISA can provide.

it will however be launched in 2034. so, grab a cup of coffee . . . grin
Re: 4 Failures Of The Big Bang Theory. by Aremu01(m): 5:42am On Dec 12, 2015
I thought he was gonna talk about the movie
Re: 4 Failures Of The Big Bang Theory. by mrphysics(m): 6:20am On Dec 12, 2015
Jonnydon you are right.
since everything was at it's infinity at singularity point, many scientists think they was an explosion Infact a bang.

let me also remind you that the density of the universe is on the increase as we speak and the abundances of light elements keep increasing.

this horizon problem, has it explained what happens beyond the regions of the black hole. why do we even have worm hole or is it the anti matter??

space, time which is older?? I.e where was the point of singularity .
Re: 4 Failures Of The Big Bang Theory. by johnydon22(m): 7:56am On Dec 12, 2015
Teempakguy:

I have only an issue with the structural problem. I don't think it is much of a problem as the theory doesn't attempt to explain anything beyond the big bang.

I have a problem with the rapid inflation theory though. it invents too much "nonsense" which, to me, isn't scientific enough. I mean, what is, repulsive gravity?
I require more evidence before i can consider it a solved problem. but of course, it will give rise to a host of other problems. I mean, why matter and not antimatter? or does antimatter bend space in the opposite direction matter does, thereby achieving repulsive gravity? this could mean that antimatter is responsible for stretching the universe. but again, we need proof. such as the eLISA can provide.

it will however be launched in 2034. so, grab a cup of coffee . . . grin
Hahahahaha there are ways Repulsive gravity can be deducted which is Dark energy providing a push instead of a pull .. it is observed that it is some kind of negative energy accelerating the expansion of the universe and mostly labelled repulsive gravity.. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_energy

In general relativity even in Newton's theories both postulate gravity can be repulsive if the object is of negative mass... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_mass

Since we are yet to observe a negative mass, we should keep our fingers crossed. maybe dark matters/energies will provide more clues.

The theory of cosmic inflation was proposed in the 1980s, its a well accepted theory in the scientific community but as you and i well know it needs to give out predictions observed to be true before it can be accepted as an answer.

Maybe observation of anti-matter as you pointed our which ultimately may reveal anti-mass as predicted by General relativity and as such negative space/time distortion and Boom!!!! Negative (Repulsive) Gravity grin

The more we know the less we understand.. lol..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Failures Of The Big Bang Theory. by johnydon22(m): 8:13am On Dec 12, 2015
mrphysics:
Jonnydon you are right.
since everything was at it's infinity at singularity point, many scientists think they was an explosion Infact a bang.
I am not even one of those that believe the Big bang model yet but i find time to read more about it as an important scientific field of enquiry...

Big Bang being being an explosion has always been one of the biggest misconceptions about the theory..

An explosion is in terms of matter expanding from the center of intense repulsion to fill a vacuum of space but this is not the case with big bang.

it asserts the expansion of Space/time itself not explosion .. it was an expansion of space itself not an explosion of matter.

Check more here http://m.livescience.com/32278-was-the-big-bang-really-an-explosion.html

let me also remind you that the density of the universe is on the increase as we speak and the abundances of light elements keep increasing.
Yeah and since the cosmic inflation theory shows every atom had enough time to interact before the rapid inflation and then current expansion thereby attaining uniformed temperature and density. i think Dark matters and energy may hold answers to this

this horizon problem, has it explained what happens beyond the regions of the black hole. why do we even have worm hole or is it the anti matter??
Nobody knows what goes on inside a blackhole, nobody knows the actions on going beyond a gravitational horizon of a blackhole for now.

space, time which is older?? I.e where was the point of singularity .
Big Bang model proposes expansion of space from an infinite point of density and temperature in a finite time.

Surely one can deduct time is older..

And an expansion do not have a center point after the expansion only an explosion does and am sure the theory asserts it is an expansion of space and as such as no center point afterwards.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Astronomers Say A Neptune-sized Planet Lurks Beyond Pluto / Terror Owl Of Amsterdam Finally Captured / MTN Free 150mb.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.