Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) (43083 Views)

See A Teacher's Shocking Remark On A Pupil's Report Sheet / Management Of Chrisland School Release Statement Over Child Molestation Case / The Nigerian Educational Sector Is Finished, This Is An S.S.2 Student Sheet PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by badonkadonk: 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2015
ObiOmaMu:
After paying huge school fees for his child at the American University of Nigeria Academy, this Nigerian dad snapped when he saw grammatical errors on his child's report sheet.

Mr Abari corrected the blunders, left a note asking the school management to ensure high diligence and made his daughter take the correction back to the school. American University of Nigeria Academy is owned by former Nigerian Vice President, Atiku Abubakar...

Teacher, no teach my pikin nonsense *in Fela's voice* lmao..

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/12/nigerian-dad-slams-american-university-of-nigeria-academy.html

Corruption everywhere...
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by bigtt76(f): 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2015
The girl's father must have been or still is a top-level administrator grin Lovely authoritative handwriting ...e come end am with signature and date sef. He must have signed millions of approvals grin Ar doff my hats to you sir!

ObiOmaMu:
After paying huge school fees for his child at the American University of Nigeria Academy, this Nigerian dad snapped when he saw grammatical errors on his child's report sheet.

Mr Abari corrected the blunders, left a note asking the school management to ensure high diligence and made his daughter take the correction back to the school. American University of Nigeria Academy is owned by former Nigerian Vice President, Atiku Abubakar...

Teacher, no teach my pikin nonsense *in Fela's voice* lmao..

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/12/nigerian-dad-slams-american-university-of-nigeria-academy.html

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2015
I would make this school pay back every kobo I spent and I would find a new school for my child immediately. angry

What school allows illiterates to teach kids? And people wonder why things are not working out well in this part of the world. SMH

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by toprealman: 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
work still need to be done on punctuation.
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
grammatical blunders and run-on sentences.
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
kokoA:
Which means the teacher doesn't even know the student personally.. Smh! Then why da fu!k are they paying all that huge sum?

lol someone just lost his or her job tho...

imagine paying that amount and the teacher handed out mass production remarks ! Lols ...
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by lonelydora: 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
Atiku fit sack the typist/teacher for this gross mistake. Gbege for everyone involved.

I'm expecting a statement from the school's management later.
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by rman: 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
Lol, and even with the correction, the second sentence still doesn't compute grin.

Thank you!
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by babafirst(m): 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2015
Cut and paste from a past report badly done.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by DCTrendy(m): 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
Lol, and even with the correction, the second sentence still doesn't compute grin.

Brother, I thought nah only me see am o...
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by lonelydora: 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
Know2020:
This is the reason all my children are attending missionary-run boarding schools in Anambra only.

Or Enugu State.
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by Bollinger(m): 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
At least he understood what the school meant.

Seriously? So you would feel comfortable with your child bringing home that kind of report. What do you mean "at least he understood what the school meant". The question is, does the school understand the knowledge they are imparting on his child?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by bamac(m): 5:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
The man get writing sha
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by Sanchase: 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2015
All these schools are scam, the fees are exorbitant and there is no scrutiny for secondary schools.

People just waste money for nothing especially for such schools whose founder has no background in academics.

Ask the right questions before enrolling your child to schools purely designed for profit making...
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by haibe(m): 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
See the school name sef. What's America finding there?
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by bettercreature(m): 5:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
handsomeclouds:
End time teachers...
A teacher just lost his/her job!
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by haibe(m): 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
bettercreature:

That thing could just be a typographical error na
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by effty(m): 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
The best secondary school is Sonmori Comprehensive High School. Don't ask why
sugarbelly3:
lol...olodo ''American University''. Loyola Jesuit College is the BEST secondary school in Nigeria. Others na name and money dem dey chop
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by bettercreature(m): 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
haibe:

That thing could just be a typographical error na
Exactly! it was errors from the typist not the teacher
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by edujandon(m): 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
All I see the dad correcting is the "he" used in place of "she". Was actually expecting more from this. The dad didn't even see the main punctuation issue. Rather he is busy correcting some less important issue. Mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by Vainglory: 5:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
At least he understood what the school meant.
Well, not everyone is ready to accept your level of nonchalance. That's why he is paying such high school fees.
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
These are just minor issue which are borne out of proportion, tell me who doesn't make mistake.
Even father wey they correct self get comma for the forgoing note, it should be " Please ensure high level of diligence and sentencing while making comments on student"
And if you still read my own comments too, you go still see where red mark go dey.#NOONEKNOWSALL.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by AlanTuring: 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
iamrealdeji:
Igbo men are very wise and prudent when it comes to finance and spending
Are you saying there are no Igbo children in this school to warrant this kind of statement? There are financially reckless and prudent people in all tribes my brother..I've met very extravagant Igbos and Yorubas if you care to know.
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2015
bettercreature:
I'm so sorry indeed. My God forgive us all
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by repogirl(f): 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
Gosh! Nigerian Education is an apology! angry
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by indoorlove(m): 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
If a teacher in such a big school with little above 20 students in a class cannot identify his students by name, I wonder how he will cope if he finds himself in a public school, with over 50 plus students in a classroom. This goes to show that most big schools we know are just sham, where students go to socialized, and at the end come home with an outstanding result because their teachers are afraid to fail any student for obvious reason.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by iamrealdeji(m): 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2015
The teacher is gone for sure. Atiku is a social network man,he's always on twitter and probably on nairaland, etc he'll surely see this,he's a business man and wouldn't tolerate any teacher that's trying to ruin his school's reputation out of negligence
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by iamrealdeji(m): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
Jesumed:

LJC is a secondary school. We are talking about a university here. Are you the sugarbelly that was gang-bleeped from behind after graduating from Loyola Jesuit College?
almost every University has its secondary school p!mp
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by Kennydoc(m): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

You're right. It should actually read:

"....good level of concentration in class and take her academic work more seriously next term".
Re: Nigerian Dad Slams Atiku's American University Over Child's Report Sheet (pics) by dsquare33: 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2015
Acjohn:
They pack people we no go school put there because they be Muslim why them no go make blunders.
To buttress your point, the way most Northern teachers teach their students is appalling,when most of them don't study good and competitive courses,its either they study Hausa or Arabic languages, no wonder they cannot compete with their Southern counterpart, I have seen a school, in Kaduna State, where an English teacher was teaching English language with Hausa language.I wondered how the students will comprehend English language with that method of teaching.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent / Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown / JAMB Releases 2017 UTME Results For Second Batch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.