Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) (1906 Views)

Best Mid-range Smartphone Of 2018, Great For Those On The Move / Itel P51: Unboxing My New Android Phone / OUKITEL K4000 Discussion Thread | The Strongest Phone Of 2015 | 4000mAh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by kekakuz(m): 7:25am On Dec 13, 2015
As the year rolls to an end, we use this medium to Identify those phone that rocked our life's this year.
We look at phones that are standard yet affordable and with specs that meet our everyday need. The criteria is listed in order of importance.
Affordability
RAM
battery
hardware
Design
camera (back)
Processor
Software update
Size
Network
Maintenance

Nomination starts and end in 48hours so we can move to voting proper
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by kekakuz(m): 7:50am On Dec 13, 2015
For me it's Innjoo fire
Affordability - 90% (N17,700)
RAM-, - 90%(2GIG)
Battery - 50%(2500mah)
Hardware - 70%(Kevlar rim. Awesome screen)
Camera - 60%(5mp front %back)
OS. - 50% (4.4 KITKAT no upgrade)
Size - 75% (5inc. Not bad standard)
Maintenance - 35% (mine spent 2months in their office before they returned it)

Overall it's still a good phone. I expect strong competition from camon c8, hot 2, zero and gionee but for just N17,700 and 2gig ram,
Jnnjoo fire deserves a spot in the list of nominees.

1 Like

Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by EMPERORCOL(m): 10:19am On Dec 13, 2015
I think d best is innjjoo halo grin
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by lagosboy3(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2015
All mentioned above seem to me like budget phones.

Mid level should be within the price range of 35-60k.

A lot of devices this year fall under this category including:

- The two variants of the Jaiyu S3
- Umi eMax
- Umi Iron and Iron Pro
- Umi Hammer S
- Lenovo K3 Note
- Lenovo Vibe X2
- Lenovo P7
- Ulefone Betouch 1 & 2
- Elephone P7000, P8000
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 2/Prime and 3
- Infinix Zero 2
- Gionee M5
- Gionee S Plus
- Innjoo 2

Well, the list really goes on like that. Preferably, we could have a full list and then nominate which is the best for 2015.

All the same... I nominate the Almighty Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. It would have been the 3rd iteration if not for the absence of the SD card slot and the none removable rear cover.

My two cents.
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by kekakuz(m): 12:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
lagosboy3:

- Umi eMax
- Umi Iron and Iron Pro
- Umi Hammer S
- Lenovo K3 Note
- Lenovo Vibe X2
- Lenovo P7
- Ulefone Betouch 1 & 2
- Elephone P7000, P8000
- Infinix Zero 2
- Gionee M5
- Gionee S Plus
- Innjoo 2

Well, the list really goes on like that. Preferably, we could have a full list and then nominate which is the best for 2015.

All the same... I nominate the Almighty Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. It would have been the 3rd iteration if not for the absence of the SD card slot and the none removable rear cover.

My two cents.
Phone of 50 - 60k is not really pocket friendly and also looking at popularity and acceptance
However your points are strong
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by ochuski(m): 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
But guy! Who u be 4 d film wey we dey norminate phone 4 u?
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by HyDef(m): 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
LeTV Le 1s, Meizu m1 Metal and Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 are excellent midrange devices, but for me, I give it to...

Redmi Note 3.

Not SD card is a loss as someone above said, but I think the battery and the build are pluses. I personally prefer the battery over the additional space. I've been using 32gb and it's sufficient for me.
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by Youngpo413: 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
Samsung galaxy A5.
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by lagosboy3(m): 3:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
Youngpo413:
Samsung galaxy A5.

Bros, Galaxy A5 cost pass 60k and scored less than 22k on Antutu Benchmark. So I don't agree wif you. Maybe the Galaxy J7 but that one sef could not come with a simple 2gb RAM. They had to fit it with a meager 1.5gb RAM. Haba Samsung!!!!
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by kekakuz(m): 5:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
Redmi xiomi miezu umi etc I have never seen 1 of these phones before Let's have more
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by lagosboy3(m): 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
kekakuz:
Redmi xiomi miezu umi etc
I have never seen 1 of these phones before
Let's have more

Google is your friend then.

Also tune to the sites below to get educated:

GizChina.com

DeviceSpecifications.com

Kimovil.com
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by kekakuz(m): 5:37pm On Dec 13, 2015
lagosboy3:

Google is your friend then.

Also tune to the sites below to get educated:

GizChina.com

DeviceSpecifications.com

Kimovil.com
If they are not readily available in Nigeria market or widely accepted, then they don't even deserve to be mentioned here
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by Frontier2: 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
kekakuz:
For me it's Innjoo fire
Affordability - 90% (N17,700)
RAM-, - 90%(2GIG)
Battery - 50%(2500mah)
Hardware - 70%(Kevlar rim. Awesome screen)
Camera - 60%(5mp front %back)
OS. - 50% (4.4 KITKAT no upgrade)
Size - 75% (5inc. Not bad standard)
Maintenance - 35% (mine spent 2months in their office before they returned it)

Overall it's still a good phone. I expect strong competition from camon c8, hot 2, zero and gionee but for just N17,700 and 2gig ram,
Jnnjoo fire deserves a spot in the list of nominees.
Chai! This phone is the worst android phone of the year. Mine is still lying idle because of the ghost touching issue. Bro are you using it because all four of my friends that bought has same TouchPad issue with the phone. The battery is terrible. Innjoo I hail oo. I won't go near you again

1 Like

Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by kekakuz(m): 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
Frontier2:
Chai! This phone is the worst android phone of the year. Mine is still lying idle because of the ghost touching issue. Bro are you using it because all four of my friends that bought has same TouchPad issue with the phone. The battery is terrible. Innjoo I hail oo. I won't go near you again
I bought 6 for me and my colleagues
Everybody is still enjoying theirs
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by Eghosa1(m): 11:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
HyDef:
LeTV Le 1s, Meizu m1 Metal and Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 are excellent midrange devices, but for me, I give it to...

Redmi Note 3.

Not SD card is a loss as someone above said, but I think the battery and the build are pluses. I personally prefer the battery over the additional space. I've been using 32gb and it's sufficient for me.

Having used both / still using, I give it to the Letv 1s. Premium build, clarity and excellent ROM. It is Redmi Note 3 Gold that has a lovely finish though but still not matte like Letv.

Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by HyDef(m): 12:51am On Dec 14, 2015
I'm still interested in getting one of those two phones, but there are some things pushing me from the Le 1s.

How easy is it to get USB type-C cables here in Nigeria?

And does the battery last long enough that I won't regret not getting the 4000 in the Xiaomi?
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by iGotTech: 10:06am On Dec 14, 2015
lagosboy3:

- Umi eMax
- Umi Iron and Iron Pro
- Umi Hammer S
- Lenovo K3 Note
- Lenovo Vibe X2
- Lenovo P7
- Ulefone Betouch 1 & 2
- Elephone P7000, P8000
- Infinix Zero 2
- Gionee M5
- Gionee S Plus
- Innjoo 2

My two cents.
Infinix Note 2 should also be in the list
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by iGotTech: 10:07am On Dec 14, 2015
note 2 is also a superb device

Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by Xhaka(m): 10:37am On Dec 14, 2015
Phantom5 for me, Correct machine
You can argue, but you'd be wrong at the end wink
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by Warlord3000(m): 10:41am On Dec 14, 2015
No comment cheesy
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by Irelokeh(m): 11:11am On Dec 14, 2015
innjoo two for me oooo and innjoo fire flus
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by kolexepana: 7:28pm On Dec 14, 2015
For me, iPhone6, Samsung s5 then Phantom5
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by kekakuz(m): 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2015
iGotTech:
note 2 is also a superb device
Still KITKAT
Re: And The Best Mid-level Android Phone Of 2015 Is (nomination Begins) by KuliMart: 11:13am On Dec 15, 2015
You can get it all from our store.

Check signature or just type Kulimart on Google.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Buy The Tecno Boom J8 / Top 3 Instagram Tips & Trick You Should Know / Iphone Carrier Check Free FOR IPHONE X And Others 100% Working And New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.