Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life (2524 Views)

How Cute Is Your Wallpaper? / Whatsapp May Introduce ‘unsend’ Option To Save You From Embarrasment / Major Causes Of Battery Drain In Android Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by TechRez(m): 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
Everyone needs smartphones that can last long with heavy usage but most of the time we make wrong choices when purchasing a phone that’s intended to suit our needs.

Nowadays, smartphones have been designed with some crazy pixel densities that consume power. Displays usually take the largest percentage of battery power when you check the log in your battery monitor app, thus hogging your battery life. So when you want that 4K smartphone and dream about an 8k phone, don’t forget the nightmare from the battery. Haha!

So here’s what we propose.

Each time you want to purchase a phone, instead of focusing on the battery capacity which of course is the latest trend. Determine the display panel of the device.

Most people don’t know that pure black wallpapers can decide your battery life. But there is more, this will only work on certain types of display.

If your smartphone comes with a LCD display like most of the smartphones you love, this technique will not work for you. The reason of this is because these type of display needs a light source that’s normally placed behind them, which lit up the crystals; they require light even for black colours.

On the bright side, OLED and AMOLED displays do not work like the so-called LCD screens. The diodes in them require current to produce colours, but black colours do not need light. It therefore means that you get true black colours on LED and AMOLED screens, unlike the LCD where the black colour is forced from a light source.
http://www.techrez.com/save-battery-life-android/

Re: See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
With AMOLED, it enable Grayscale mode to save battery's life more than 50%..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by Youngpo413: 3:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
KashyBaby:
With AMOLED, it enable Grayscale mode to save batteries life more than 50%..
you must be using a galaxy S5.
Re: See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
Youngpo413:
you must be using a galaxy S5.

Lol...Samsung S series, is not that sleek as Note Series... cool
Re: See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by Youngpo413: 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
KashyBaby:

Lol...Samsung S series, is not that sleek as Note Series... cool
then you must be using Note 4 EDGE.
Re: See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
Youngpo413:
then you must be using Note 4 EDGE.

tongue wink

1 Like

Re: See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by Youngpo413: 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2015
KashyBaby:

tongue wink
I guessed right.
Re: See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by falseman(m): 11:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
All android phones can activate the greyscale if you have developer option enabled. Just go under the circled menu and select monochromacy and everthing turns grey to save you battery.

1 Like

Re: See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by enoch273: 6:34am On Dec 14, 2015
KashyBaby:
With AMOLED, it enable Grayscale mode to save battery's life more than 50%..
Saw your signature, pls add up on whatsapp +2348179538301
Re: See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 14, 2015
I don't need to save my battery when I have 24hrs power supply
Re: See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by joyrose887: 7:03am On Dec 14, 2015
silvermania:
I don't need to save my battery when I have 24hrs power supply
Re: See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by TechRez(m): 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
[quote author=joyrose887 post=40983226][/quote]

wink
Re: See How Black Wallpaper Can Save You 8% Of Battery Life by nlPoster: 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Uses Of Whatsapp / Happy Sallah : Get Free 100mb Or 200mb On Your Airtel Sim Now / Itel Vs Gionee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.