Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,298 members, 7,811,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

The God Who Speaks - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God Who Speaks (491 Views)

Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer / Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis / 5 Men Of God Who Should Be Ashamed Of Themselves. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The God Who Speaks by yommyuk: 8:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
Throughout human history, God has been speaking to mankind in various ways. His prophets and apostles were moved by the Holy Spirit to proclaim and write His words, but His ultimate expression came through the birth of His Son Jesus Christ. Today, most believers acknowledge that God speaks primarily through Scripture, yet the voice that dictated the Bible has not ceased.

Through His Holy Spirit, the Lord still communicates to every Christian who listens with an open and receptive heart.
Consider the wonder of having a God who speaks—not a distant deity who thunders orders and admonishments from heaven, but one who actually wants to have a conversation with you! Why?

Consider the following:

1. God loves you and desires a relationship with you.

2. He wants you to know Him personally through an intimate communication.

3. He longs to encourage you to trust Him. As you experience the fulfilment of His words, your faith grows strong.

4. He wants to guide you. The Lord has a good purpose for your life and is willing to direct your decisions and ways so you can experience all He has planned for you.

In the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, it’s easy to take for granted this invaluable privilege of communication with God. Take time this week away from the distractions to listen to the God who wants to talk with you.

Job 33:14
“For God speaks in one way, and in two, though man does not perceive it.”

Romans 10:17
“So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.”

Hebrews 4:12
“For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”

John 10:27-28
“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.”

Matthew 7:24
“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.”

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven Devotional (sat 09/01/2016) / Photos: Animals Attend Church In Spain / If You Had A Chance To Ask God A Question What Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.