Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,219 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Mails: Liverpool Have Two Unsolvable Issues - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mails: Liverpool Have Two Unsolvable Issues (377 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Nabil Fekir To Liverpool Have Collapsed / Liverpool Have Plan To Appease Wonderful Mo Salah / Liverpool Have Agreed To Sell 25-year-old Brazil Midfielder Philippe Coutinho To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mails: Liverpool Have Two Unsolvable Issues by Moh4newsafrica(f): 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
Who Divock is Origi?
Valid question really.

That’s all from me.
Jarred

We’ve won the bloody league
With that win against Villa, Arsenal have now taken an unassailable lead in the 2015 calendar year trophy. No team can now gain more points than Arsenal this year.

This utterly meaningless statistic pleased me for no other reason that it’s going to get right up Stewie Griffin’s nose.
Tom, Brighton Gooner

Liverpool conclusions
** Divock Origi is clearly a work in progress. He’s a bit gangly and awkward, but also young and adjusting to the pace of the English game while on-boarding our high tempo system.

All top class strikers have intangible attributes like composure and an “eye for goal”. At the moment, he’s still too raw to really judge so Jurgen will have to hug him through this “Bambi on Ice” stage. Still, it was encouraging to see him display enough confidence to go for goal. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good!

** Whatever the long-term plan is at Liverpool, it cannot include Simon Mignolet. One of the major mistakes Brendan Rodgers made was shipping out Pepe Reina and giving the gloves to a young keeper who didn’t earn them. Pepe has his faults but he provided a presence in the box, communicated with his defenders and played the position with aggression and decisiveness. Mignolet regularly flaps at crosses, gives away too many chances and ships cheap goals. He’s not of the standard required if Liverpool want to consistently qualify for Europe and win things.

That first goal was embarrassing, no discussion needed. But… the buffoonery continued! He aimlessly strayed from his box to chase a ball into the corner, like a dog escaping his lease to chase a car down the street. The only reason he wasn’t dispossessed by the West Brom player in whose presence Simon seemed to startle, was the guy pulled out. Otherwise he had a fairly clear shot at goal, albeit from an angle.

Speaking of pulling out of challenges, ifyou’re afraid of contact, you shouldn’t be in goal. You need big brass balls, a tolerance for pain and a bit of a mean streak.

For the disallowed goal, Mignolet instinctively hopped forward off his line, saw Jonas Olsson charging toward him, then hopped back giving him all the space he needed. It looked like Simon anticipated contact and decided to avoid a collision rather than protect the goal. I understand where he’s coming from and I sympathize to an extent, but this isn’t the first time. I think the transfer committee should prioritize the GK position in January.

read more<<<<<<<<http://newsafricanow.com/2015/12/mails-liverpool-have-two-unsolvable-issues/
Re: Mails: Liverpool Have Two Unsolvable Issues by Kai5vil: 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
been

(1) (Reply)

Help! The CBN Policy Has Affected My Forex Business / Training Mechanism / Manchester City Loan Out New Signing Caceres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.