Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:41 AM

Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick (688 Views)

Photo: Is Gay Practice Sin? Is It Inborn Or Adopted Lifestyle? / Bible Prophets Too Married Their Adopted Sons' Wives Says Allah / Muslim Baby Adopted To Prevent 'Honour Killing & Bloodbath ,' Uk Judge Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by huxley2(m): 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2009
Taken from BBC

Two "gay" male penguins have hatched a chick and are now rearing it as its adoptive parents, says a German zoo.

The zoo, in Bremerhaven, northern Germany, says the adult males - Z and Vielpunkt - were given an egg which was rejected by its biological parents.

It says the couple are now happily rearing the chick, said to have reached four weeks old.

The zoo made headlines in 2005 over plans to "test" the sexual orientation of penguins with homosexual traits.

Three pairs of male penguins had been seen attempting to mate with each other and trying to hatch offspring from stones.

Since the chick arrived, they have been behaving just as you would expect a heterosexual couple to do
Bremerhaven zoo

The zoo flew in four females in a bid to get the endangered birds to reproduce - but quickly abandoned the scheme after causing outrage among gay rights activists, who accused it of interfering in the animals' behaviour.

The six "gay" penguins remain at the zoo, among them Z and Vielpunkt who are now rearing the chick together after being given the rejected egg.

"Z and Vielpunkt, both males, gladly accepted their 'Easter gift' and got straight down to raising it," said a zoo statement.

"Since the chick arrived, they have been behaving just as you would expect a heterosexual couple to do. The two happy fathers spend their days attentively protecting, caring for and feeding their adopted offspring."

Humboldt penguins are normally found in coastal Peru and Chile, but their numbers have been dwindling due to overfishing, reports the AFP news agency.

'Drive to mate'

There have been previous reports of exclusive male-to-male pairings among penguins, some of which have also included the rearing of chicks.

Homosexual behaviour is well documented in many different animals, but it is not understood in detail, says Professor Stuart West, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Oxford.

Professor West says it has been suggested that homosexual activity could serve various purposes - for instance, it may relate to social bonding and establishment of dominance among bonobo chimps, while in some bird species, females may come together to rear young.

Other animals may simply exhibit a "drive to mate", while others may, like humans, enjoy non-procreative sexual activity.

"Homosexuality is nothing unusual among animals," Bremerhaven zoo said on Wednesday.

"Sex and coupling up in our world do not necessarily have anything to do with reproduction."
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by KAG: 12:20am On Jun 05, 2009
Those penguins and their gay agenda.
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by toneyb: 1:22am On Jun 05, 2009
KAG:

Those penguins and their gay agenda.
grin grin Yet people still argue that It is not a natural occurrence.
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by Image123(m): 12:40pm On Jun 05, 2009
And I guess the new chick is a natural occurence. Activists will allow chicks to be brought in but will not allow female penguins. Talk about a Ph.D in doctoring.
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by huxley2(m): 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2009
Funny how those benighted apologists for homophobia (usually the bigotted Christian literalists and bible bashing faith-heads)  who claim that homosexuality is "unnatutral" are avoiding addressing this thread.  They perform their quintessential ignore-the-evidence act and bury their heads in the stinking cesspit of the bible.  What is this world coming to, with these Christians on the loose?
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by huxley2(m): 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2009
Image123:

And I guess the new chick is a natural occurence. Activists will allow chicks to be brought in but will not allow female penguins. Talk about a Ph.D in doctoring.

OH, yes. Everything that exists is natural. From having sex with camels or with ones grandmother, cannibalism, etc, etc. These are ALL natural acts. Can anything exist that is NOT natural?
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by Carlosein(m): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2009
huxley2:

OH, yes. Everything that exists is natural. From having sex with camels or with ones grandmother, cannibalism, etc, etc. These are ALL natural acts. Can anything exist that is NOT natural?

yes. reasoning with the anus is NOT natural!!!
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by MrCrackles(m): 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2009
shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2009
this was CLEARLY an engineered event. To force home the false point that being gay is "natural" even among animals. Would the penguins have been "gay" if they had females to choose from? Why were female animals specifically prevented from being paired with the male penguins?

huxley2:

The zoo made headlines in 2005 over plans to "test" the sexual orientation of penguins with homosexual traits.

The zoo flew in four females in a bid to get the endangered birds to reproduce - but quickly abandoned the scheme after causing outrage among gay rights activists, who accused it of interfering in the animals' behaviour.

If you put 2 male goats in a pen alone with no females . . . you'll see them trying to ride each other, its not that they are gay.
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by KunleOshob(m): 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2009
Well i feel huxley is free to bring himself to the level of lower animals, why don't you go and find a gay mate and justify this "natural" behaviour.
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 05, 2009
KunleOshob:

Well i feel huxley is free to bring himself to the level of lower animals, why don't you go and find a gay mate and justify this "natural" behaviour.
@KunleOshob
Well said brother!! Now we can see just how "rational" huxley is!! -->

Huxley suggests that we humans should be gay JUST BECAUSE penguins are!!!!

So much for science and rationality!

LOL grin grin grin grin
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by bawomolo(m): 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2009
If you put 2 male goats in a pen alone with no females . . . you'll see them trying to ride each other, its not that they are gay.

would the same happen if i lock you up in a prison for years with another man and no contact with the outside world  cheesy

engineered to be gay my ass.
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by C2H5OH(f): 7:04pm On Jun 05, 2009
imhotep:

@KunleOshob
Well said brother!! Now we can see just how "rational" huxley is!! -->

Huxley suggests that we humans should be gay JUST BECAUSE penguins are!!!!

So much for science and rationality!

LOL grin grin grin grin
lmfao rofl grin grin

we should start licking our own arses and eating our own shits while we are at it.
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2009
bawomolo:

would the same happen if i lock you up in a prison for years with another man and no contact with the outside world  cheesy

that's why we are more intelligent than goats. We know the diff between right and wrong. But of course i'm assuming you're more intelligent than a goat, i may be wrong. cheesy
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by bawomolo(m): 7:09pm On Jun 05, 2009
davidylan:

that's why we are more intelligent than goats. We know the diff between right and wrong. But of course i'm assuming you're more intelligent than a goat, i may be wrong. cheesy

so a goat is not intelligent to know it is soley attracted to the opposite sex? hmm
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by 4Play(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2009
It's a bit of a stretch to conclude from sexual activity with anything other than the opposite sex that such sexual activity is innate.

If examples of animals humping signposts are found, does that mean humping signposts is acceptable?

If you look hard enough, you will find an astonishing array of sexual oddities within the animal kingdom. It doesn't prove anything either way
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 05, 2009
bawomolo:

so a goat is not intelligent to know it is soley attracted to the opposite sex? hmm

that is pretty lame and i would suggest you read 4Play's post. Goats will nibble human feces . . . does that mean it is acceptable human behaviour?

If you keep animals in captivity with no mate long enough they will show signs of "odd" behaviour. It is interesting that gay rights groups vocally objected to having females with the alleged gay penguins for the simple excuse that it would be "interfering in the animals' behaviour" . . . i find that odd. Where they afraid the animals werent really gay at all and would simply revert to female partners?

why do you think gay activities are more prominent in prisons? Lock a dude up for 30 yrs with no access to females, he's bound to think up something.
Re: Gay Penguin Rearing Adopted Chick by bawomolo(m): 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2009
why do you think gay activities are more prominent in prisons? Lock a dude up for 30 yrs with no access to females, he's bound to think up something.

i don't think nelson mandela had such tendencies. Maybe they already had such booty piracy curiosity?

just maybe? Anyway the thought of gay penguins is just hilarious. those beautiful birds.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Please Narrate YOUR Ordeal With Christ Embassy / Help Ur Brethren: / A Word Of Prayer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.