Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Secure Your Job With These Habits. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Secure Your Job With These Habits. (14804 Views)

Stephen Soleye, 21-Year-Old First Class Graduate Gets New Job With Rolls Royce / 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class / 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by Emeka71(m): 7:09am On Dec 15, 2015
Just only Broke is the meaning of white-collar job.
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by yomalex(m): 7:09am On Dec 15, 2015
oya now
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by akanbiaa(m): 7:10am On Dec 15, 2015
fyneboi79:
There are actually ways you can make yourself very important at your place of work. Such that even when there is massive sack going on,you will be sure you won't be affected. And I am going to discuss a few which has worked for me over the years .

That is if its not a contract or slave work where employees behave like gods to employees and employees are praying to get alternative.
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by akanbiaa(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2015
Lizabeth25:
In dealing with Point 4, you have to be careful in revealing the things you know! Most organizations, once they tap everything they believe they want from you, the next action will be dismissal!

Reveal little n have more with you....so that they will always be running back to you!
Some will not dismiss you but add to your work load on the already overworked schedule and punish you if you are unable to meet up, like removing one week to 2 weeks salary for any slight mistake.
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by FORTUNES247: 7:27am On Dec 15, 2015
For many years down memorylane, trading in stocks(shares) have really been a money spinning venture to those who really have knowledge of all that is involved in order to be a key player in the market. - See more at: http://www.truetalkmagazine.com/index.php/business-money/item/47-principles-of-making-money-through-shares.html#sthash.fU1AtZSK.dpuf
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 15, 2015
grin cheesy

akanbiaa:
Some will not dismiss you but add to your work load on the already overworked schedule and punish you if you are unable to meet up, like removing one week to 2 weeks salary for any slight mistake.
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 15, 2015
fyneboi79:
There are actually ways you can make yourself very important at your place of work. Such that even when there is massive sack going on,you will be sure you won't be affected. And I am going to discuss a few which has worked for me over the years .

1. Always go the extra mile when given a task to perform. When I say,"go the extra mile",I mean do a job in a very efficient and swift manner with no room for delays.

2.Keep learning: Never stop making inquiries and doing research to gather more knowledge in ur field of endeavor.

3.Expand your topic of interest and read widely. You will realize with time that you seem to know something about everything and trust me employers are drawn to such personality traits.

4.Seek to educate others by letting them tap from your vast knowledge and believe me no employer wants to lose a worker with such ability to impart useful knowledge to its workforce.

5.Be punctual!! Always keep to time. Be the first to arrive for work and appointments. And the company will realize that you are reliable and will hold on to you.

6. Friendly disposition towards colleagues: Every one likes you and want to be around you because you are always willing to lend a helping hand. Some may think you are a work horse but in the long run when promotion and recommendations begin to shower on you,they will understand.
7. Good communication skills in writing and speaking will also earn you an automatic spot in an organizations work force since it helps in bringing business by fluently convincing clients to do business with your organization while caring for their needs.
You can add any that has also worked for you. Cheers.

why dont u become the employer than to observe all these rules .do u have to work for somebody for the restn8f ur life ,hoping for steady paychecks ,promotions and the fear of being sacked.
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by feran15(m): 8:09am On Dec 15, 2015
lonelydora:
Op you have valid points there but it depends on the office.

There are offices that no matter what you do "Oga boy na oga boy". Even if you like carry the job on your head, oga boys will always score higher in appraisal.

There are offices that no matter what, beefers (if there's word like that) and gossips will always abound.

then maybe its time to change work places?

because i believe the tips above should give you some edge in a workplace if done properly

1 Like

Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by fyneboi79(m): 8:09am On Dec 15, 2015
Etophikisi:

why dont u become the employer than to observe all these rules .do u have to work for somebody for the restn8f ur life ,hoping for steady paychecks ,promotions and the fear of being sacked.
At least when you are out of school you must get a job to survive. So while at it keep it secure till you start ur own business.
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by GreatManBee: 8:09am On Dec 15, 2015
fyneboi79:

1. Always go the extra mile when given a task to perform. When I say,"go the extra mile",I mean do a job in a very efficient and swift manner with no room for delays.

2.Keep learning: Never stop making inquiries and doing research to gather more knowledge in ur field of endeavor.

3.Expand your topic of interest and read widely. You will realize with time that you seem to know something about everything and trust me employers are drawn to such personality traits.

4.Seek to educate others by letting them tap from your vast knowledge and believe me no employer wants to lose a worker with such ability to impart useful knowledge to its workforce.

5.Be punctual!! Always keep to time. Be the first to arrive for work and appointments. And the company will realize that you are reliable and will hold on to you.

6. Friendly disposition towards colleagues: Every one likes you and want to be around you because you are always willing to lend a helping hand. Some may think you are a work horse but in the long run when promotion and recommendations begin to shower on you,they will understand.
7. Good communication skills in writing and speaking will also earn you an automatic spot in an organizations work force since it helps in bringing business by fluently convincing clients to do business with your organization while caring for their needs.
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by saintneo(m): 8:55am On Dec 15, 2015
fyneboi79:

Good right up for an employee working in a sane environment.

I wonder if this can keep your job in companies that employ people based on connections and ïkwökïrïkwö. smiley cheesy grin
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by Funkybabee(f): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2015
earn money through this Link ..... . ......... serious is real
Apply for the Prolist Annual Salary Promo!! And Win ₦200,000 Monthly Salary for 12 Months. click here to register and win now==> https:///DTrkev . /DTrkev

Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by omosefeeguaibor(f): 11:23am On Dec 15, 2015
izutex007:
Great piece......more grease to ur elbow
you mean more oyel to his hand as my Benin people will say it.... meanwhile nice advice op

1 Like

Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by kllinxman(m): 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
Try this in a chinese or indian firm, na ur dead body go colet doz recomendations.
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by fyneboi79(m): 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
Thank you Nairaland for considering my post worthy enough to grace the front page. Thank you Nairalanders for appreciating my little contribution to the development of the Nigerian youth. And I believe with such togetherness we can stall the era of corruption in our dear country Nigeria. Cheers
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by OShepherd: 6:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
Wat if Ur job is a LAW ENFORCEMENT one were U r 2 regulate even d activities of not only subordinates but some senior officers? Hmmmmm Na GOD go deliver man o!!!
Re: Secure Your Job With These Habits. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
8. Play along with the politics of d coy where u find urself. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

N-EXIT: How To Resolve "Not A Valid Email Of A Beneficiary" Issue / Uba Recruiting Graduates For Entry Level / GMIS Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.