Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Can This Be Corrected? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can This Be Corrected? (1259 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Be Corrected? by kenedy175(m): 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
This was noticed when the building had almost reached the second lintel level. We observed that the sit out upstairs isn't centralized. Rather, it's deviated to the left and covered by one of the big pillars in front. I couldn't get the picture of the sit out. But I hope one can imagine what I mean.

The engineer was queried and he said it was the fault of the architect that drew the plan. According to him, he even did his best to make it come out that way.

So I'm asking if this mistake can be corrected? Can the sit out be extended to the right pillar to make it look centralized? What can be done?

Re: Can This Be Corrected? by mufutau55(m): 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2015
Sorry, but I can't see a thing.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: Can This Be Corrected? by kenedy175(m): 11:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
mufutau55:
Sorry, but I can't see a thing.

Hajji M.

I wasn't able to take the picture of the sit out. But like I explained, the sit out isn't at the Centre of the 2 big pillars. Rather, it is closer to the left pillar than the right pillar. The left pillar even covers part of the sit out.

Please bear with me. I can't provide the real picture of what I'm trying to explain due to my present location
Re: Can This Be Corrected? by mufutau55(m): 3:56am On Dec 15, 2015
kenedy175:

I wasn't able to take the picture of the sit out. But like I explained, the sit out isn't at the Centre of the 2 big pillars. Rather, it is closer to the left pillar than the right pillar. The left pillar even covers part of the sit out.
Please bear with me. I can't provide the real picture of what I'm trying to explain due to my present location

Ok. The two front block pillars is what you are talking about.. since I don't think this is a concrete casted pillars, may be some blocks can be removed? The builder should have used his common sense when he saw what the Archie did; no excuse for that.

Hajji M.
Re: Can This Be Corrected? by kenedy175(m): 7:12am On Dec 15, 2015
mufutau55:

Ok. The two front block pillars is what you are talking about.. since I don't think this is a concrete casted pillars, may be some blocks can be removed? The builder should have used his common sense when he saw what the Archie did; no excuse for that.

Hajji M.
The annoying thing is that he refused to take the blame and claims that he has been in the building business for years.
But will removing some blocks from the pillar centralize the sit out?? I was thinking of extending the sit out to the the back of the right pillar since part of the sit out is already covered by the left pillar so it will look centralized. I don't know how possible that is.
Thanks for your replies.
Re: Can This Be Corrected? by twinskenny(m): 7:20am On Dec 15, 2015
kenedy175:

The annoying thing is that he refused to take the blame and claims that he has been in the building business for years.
But will removing some blocks from the pillar centralize the sit out?? I was thinking of extending the sit out to the the back of the right pillar since part of the sit out is already covered by the left pillar so it will look centralized. I don't know how possible that is.
Thanks for your replies.

typical nigeria..they point out error to you, now you are claiming years of working experience. instead of you to own up and make corrections
Re: Can This Be Corrected? by mufutau55(m): 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
kenedy175:

But will removing some blocks from the pillar centralize the sit out?? I was thinking of extending the sit out to the the back
of the right pillar since part of the sit out is already covered by the left pillar so it will look centralized. I don't know how possible that is.
Thanks for your replies.

To tell you the honest truth.. the only person standing and physically looking at those pillars and the sit-out can tell you that.
It's very hard to tell by just looking at the picture. You need to get a better Builder to physically look at if for you for actual solution,
all we can be giving you here is just theory.

Hajji M.
Re: Can This Be Corrected? by mufutau55(m): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
twinskenny:

typical nigeria..they point out error to you, now you are claiming years of working experience. instead of you to own up and make corrections

Tell me about it. When they want the contract, they will tell you anything to get it.
Years of experience and you can correct a simple thing.

Hajji M.
Re: Can This Be Corrected? by kenedy175(m): 10:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
twinskenny:

Sir, it was just frustrating and annoying. He was just trying to vindicate himself from the mistake he did. I just hope there will be a way it will be corrected.

mufutau55:

To tell you the honest truth.. the only person standing and physically looking at those pillars and the sit-out can tell you that.
It's very hard to tell by just looking at the picture. You need to get a better Builder to physically look at if for you for actual solution,
all we can be giving you here is just theory.
Hajji M.

Alright Sir, we will try to do just that. And if I also get a clearer picture of the problem, I will post it here to know more of your opinion.
Thanks alot
Re: Can This Be Corrected? by mufutau55(m): 12:21am On Dec 16, 2015
kenedy175:

Alright Sir, we will try to do just that. And if I also get a clearer picture of the problem, I will post it here to know more of your opinion.
Thanks a lot

Best I can do with your photo below... but I think I can see what you were talking about now when I enlarged the area. Look closely and you can see it.
I am not too sure how this can be fix. If not corrected you will leave in this house and everyday you will remember it, it will become a psychological thing.

Hajji M.

(1) (Reply)

Scanfrost Deep Freezer For Sale (pics) / Getting An Apartment? What Is The Total Rent Package / Fence Wire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.