Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Jumia Fraud - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia Fraud (1572 Views)

Exposing A New Glo Fraud. / Airtel Fraud: Airtel N200 For 2G & 5G / The Fraud In Slot Limited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Fraud by oluwapoju(m): 10:21pm On Dec 14, 2015
I just receive a tecno h6 i order from jumia ghana this evening.i put in my sims now just to see no sim card inserted.
I quickly check the imei only to see invalid on both sim
Re: Jumia Fraud by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
Jumia!!! !!

Adonbilivit
Re: Jumia Fraud by madgoat(m): 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
Why jumia ghana?
Re: Jumia Fraud by TITOBIGZ(m): 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
Somebody liedcry
Re: Jumia Fraud by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hold on first, are u in Ghana? If ur in Ghana is as easy as calling them and u can return the phone, no big deal.

But if u are in Nigeria and ordered from Jumia Ghana, then I don't know what to say. Does that mean u can't get what u want from Jumia Nigeria or u just like to give urself wahala.

And when will people stop shouting SCAM whenever u buy a damaged product online. For God's sake Jumia and Konga have return policy. Some products leave factory with defects, u don't expect Jumia or Konga to test all products before shipping. Also lots of these products are from 3rd party sellers. So if u order from a 3rd party seller through Jumia and end up getting a wrong product, does that mean Jumia has scammed u? Online shopping has its flaws and it is like that in advanced countries too. Jumia or Konga wait a few days before they credit seller's acct. So if u get a bad product, call them and they will replace it, and if it's from 3rd party seller they will hold their money and contact them to change the product or they refund ur money.

I once bought a ps4 from Jumia and on opening it I found out it came with factory defect. I didn't scream scam. I called them and they asked me to return it and I got my full refund.

4 Likes

Re: Jumia Fraud by Xhaka(m): 1:15am On Dec 15, 2015
You have been scammed
Re: Jumia Fraud by oluwapoju(m): 6:23am On Dec 15, 2015
greenhulk:
Hold on first, are u in Ghana? If ur in Ghana is as easy as calling them and u can return the phone, no big deal.

But if u are in Nigeria and ordered from Jumia Ghana, then I don't know what to say. Does that mean u can't get what u want from Jumia Nigeria or u just like to give urself wahala.

And when will people stop shouting SCAM whenever u buy a damaged product online. For God's sake Jumia and Konga have return policy. Some products leave factory with defects, u don't expect Jumia or Konga to test all products before shipping. Also lots of these products are from 3rd party sellers. So if u order from a 3rd party seller through Jumia and end up getting a wrong product, does that mean Jumia has scammed u? Online shopping has its flaws and it is like that in advanced countries too. Jumia or Konga wait a few days before they credit seller's acct. So if u get a bad product, call them and they will replace it, and if it's from 3rd party seller they will hold their money and contact them to change the product or they refund ur money.

I once bought a ps4 from Jumia and on opening it I found out it came with factory defect. I didn't scream scam. I called them and they asked me to return it and I got my full refund.
am in ghana
Re: Jumia Fraud by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 15, 2015
yes I think this jumia is now something else. I bought a 32gb memory card since black Friday and was delivered last week Wednesday. I realized that the memory card Isnt good and corrupting files I put on it. I called them and only for them to tell me that can't retrieve it due to the fact that it was bought since black Friday.
I think they know what they are doing just doing it deliberately. scam at it's highest order!!!
Re: Jumia Fraud by Warlord3000(m): 7:22am On Dec 15, 2015
Different variables and different opinion..

At least I know a TV I ordered wasn't delivered and cancelled by them for no reason whatsoever but an OTG cable of N800 was delivered sharply cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jumia Fraud by Carlcaresophia: 9:07am On Dec 15, 2015
oluwapoju:
I just receive a tecno h6 i order from jumia ghana this evening.i put in my sims now just to see no sim card inserted.
I quickly check the imei only to see invalid on both sim
Hello, as for the problem you mentioned,you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: Jumia Fraud by oluwapoju(m): 9:13am On Dec 15, 2015
Carlcaresophia:

Hello, as for the problem you mentioned,you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!
Am in Ghana...... Central Region
Re: Jumia Fraud by kolexepana: 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2015
The only phone you can buy from them at the moment is C8
Alot was sold on Black Friday
Re: Jumia Fraud by samutd4u(m): 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
Drabeey:
yes I think this jumia is now something else. I bought a 32gb memory card since black Friday and was delivered last week Wednesday. I realized that the memory card Isnt good and corrupting files I put on it. I called them and only for them to tell me that can't retrieve it due to the fact that it was bought since black Friday.
I think they know what they are doing just doing it deliberately. scam at it's highest order!!!
Re: Jumia Fraud by oluwapoju(m): 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2015
The phone is now working fine....after takin it to carlcare
Re: Jumia Fraud by Youngzedd(m): 5:41am On Dec 18, 2015
Drabeey:

They do not regulate the item been sold by fraudsters.

Too many substandard products in Jumia and Konga.

What I don't buy from them

Fashion
Memory card
Power bank
Etc

I can only buy a well known brand there, otherwise I buy nothing.
Re: Jumia Fraud by Activist1980: 2:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
Drabeey:

It is about time we in Nigeria stood up for our rights as customers, especially deliberately selling substandard products to unsuspecting buyers during discount sales e.g. Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc. by online retailing organizations. They know some of us would rather not seek redress for substandard products of N 20,000 (about $ 100), make their customer service points inaccessible (that is if they actually functional!) and wear you out until you give up following up on unresolved bad sales. Imagine if they had sold substandard products worth N 20,000 (about $ 100) to just about 100 of us. That is a whooping N 2,000,000 (about $ 10,000), just like that! I will be taking a written petition to Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC), Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) and Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) against Jumia. Sign petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stopjumiaonlineretailingfraud
Re: Jumia Fraud by Activist1980: 2:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
Youngzedd:

They do not regulate the item been sold by fraudsters.

Too many substandard products in Jumia and Konga.

What I don't buy from them

Fashion
Memory card
Power bank
Etc

I can only buy a well known brand there, otherwise I buy nothing.
It is about time we in Nigeria stood up against our rights as customers, especially deliberately selling substandard products to unsuspecting buyers during discount sales e.g. Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc. by online retailing organizations. They know some of us would rather not seek redress for substandard products of N 20,000 (about $ 100), make their customer service points inaccessible (that is if they actually functional!) and wear you out until you give up following up on unresolved bad sales. Imagine if they had sold substandard products worth N 20,000 (about $ 100) to just about 100 of us. That is a whooping N 2,000,000 (about $ 10,000), just like that! I will be taking a written petition to Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC), Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) and Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) against Jumia. Sign petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stopjumiaonlineretailingfraud
Re: Jumia Fraud by Activist1980: 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
It is about time we in Nigeria stood up against our rights as customers, especially deliberately selling substandard products to unsuspecting buyers during discount sales e.g. Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc. by online retailing organizations. They know some of us would rather not seek redress for substandard products of N 20,000 (about $ 100), make their customer service points inaccessible (that is if they actually functional!) and wear you out until you give up following up on unresolved bad sales. Imagine if they had sold substandard products worth N 20,000 (about $ 100) to just about 100 of us. That is a whooping N 2,000,000 (about $ 10,000), just like that! I will be taking a written petition to Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC), Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) and Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) against Jumia. Sign petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stopjumiaonlineretailingfraud

(1) (Reply)

New Infinix Hot 3 2GB RAM, 4GLTE / The New Doogee X9 Pro- Same Design With Samsung Galaxy / Best 10 Android Phone Of 2017 That You Can Consider Buying Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.