Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

The Constant Competition Btw Nigerian Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Constant Competition Btw Nigerian Pastors (996 Views)

Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Constant Competition Btw Nigerian Pastors by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
Last year, pastor Adeboye said he want to build a 10km radius auditorium for God.
This year, pastor Oyedepo said he want to build a 120,000 stadium like capacity auditorium for God.
Pastor Williams Kumuyi will soon unveil his 50,000 capacity church auditorium in Gbagada which he has almost completed building for God.
The competition to build the biggest house for God won't stop anytime soon in Nigeria. Other countries are busy converting churches to museums, schools, science lab, factories, and even sport centers but in Nigeria, we are happily converting Factories, Library, Science Lab, Stadiums and museums to Church.
Nigerian Pastors are constantly competing between themselves on who can build the biggest and largest auditorium for God. I look at them and laugh at the idiocy of many church goers who contribute heavily for the destruction of our Library, Lab, Stadium etc...to be converted to church even though many of this followers are struggling to pay their house rents.
Nothing shows the backwardness of the average black man than the fact that in a continent where millions are homeless, billions are spent to build the largest and the most beautiful edifies for God.

2 Likes

Re: The Constant Competition Btw Nigerian Pastors by judeodion(m): 9:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
udondeymadt:
Last year, pastor Adeboye said he want to build a 10km radius auditorium for God.
This year, pastor Oyedepo said he want to build a 120,000 stadium like capacity auditorium for God.
Pastor Williams Kumuyi will soon unveil his 50,000 capacity church auditorium in Gbagada which he has almost completed building for God.
The competition to build the biggest house for God won't stop anytime soon in Nigeria. Other countries are busy converting churches to museums, schools, science lab, factories, and even sport centers but in Nigeria, we are happily converting Factories, Library, Science Lab, Stadiums and museums to Church.
Nigerian Pastors are constantly competing between themselves on who can build the biggest and largest auditorium for God. I look at them and laugh at the idiocy of many church goers who contribute heavily for the destruction of our Library, Lab, Stadium etc...to be converted to church even though many of this followers are struggling to pay their house rents.
Nothing shows the backwardness of the average black man than the fact that in a continent where millions are homeless, billions are spent to build the largest and the most beautiful edifies for God.
Seven quick questions for you brother...
1)who are you angry with... God, Pastors or people contributing the moneys?
2) did anyone force you or any other person to give towards building a Church for God?
3) which one of your friends has given to God's work and was not able to pay his house rent?
4) which library has been converted to a Church in Nigeria and where?
5) do you actually mean churches are converted to museums, libraries, cinema houses in other countries. Name those countries.
6) do you think Pastors build larger churches for fun or because their auditoriums have become too small for the members?
7) don't you think any country that converts churches to museum is actually the backward one?
This is the frustration that comes upon someone when devil wants to start using him... Maybe you should even say churches should be converted to brothels and clubs.
This is not competition at all.
Do me a favor... Answer these questions and edit your post.

1 Like

Re: The Constant Competition Btw Nigerian Pastors by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 16, 2015
judeodion:

Seven quick questions for you brother...
1)who are you angry with... God, Pastors or people contributing the moneys?
2) did anyone force you or any other person to give towards building a Church for God?
3) which one of your friends has given to God's work and was not able to pay his house rent?
4) which library has been converted to a Church in Nigeria and where?
5) do you actually mean churches are converted to museums, libraries, cinema houses in other countries. Name those countries.
6) do you think Pastors build larger churches for fun or because their auditoriums have become too small for the members?
7) don't you think any country that converts churches to museum is actually the backward one?
This is the frustration that comes upon someone when devil wants to start using him... Maybe you should even say churches should be converted to brothels and clubs.
This is not competition at all.
Do me a favor... Answer these questions and edit your post.
i am not going to answer your questions individually. My problem is with religion and religious people in afrika especially in our dear country Nigeria. I want you to not see me as a devil like you outrightly said but just reason with me for a moment. Spending billions of naira to build a magnificent edifies for God is very wrong mist especially in a country that lack housing problems. I have seen a lot of families in my hood that are dedicated to things of the lord in these big churches but yet still struggle to feed, send their kids to school etc..(not even the schools the churches built with their tithes and offerings).
Take a look at most factories that are folding up today, you'd realize that its churches that has taken over those factories.
Have you also learnt that a state governor demolished a state library just to erect a beautiful edifies for God?(i won't mention name) How then can we grow with such mindset when we have failed to encourage reading culture, science and technology... you might be thinking, why am i only attacking Christianity and not Islam. Islam doesn't ransack Gullible people of their money like Xtainity does. Our pastors knows that we fear and respect God so they act on that gullibility and rip Nigerians off their moneys.

2 Likes

Re: The Constant Competition Btw Nigerian Pastors by Joysmith2: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2015
End time post,what's ur concern,which lab have dey turned to church,rebuke d devil DAT is about using u.
Re: The Constant Competition Btw Nigerian Pastors by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 16, 2015
Joysmith2:
End time post,what's ur concern,which lab have dey turned to church,rebuke d devil DAT is about using u.
lol mr end time free yourself first from religious mental slavery. Become a freeman.
Re: The Constant Competition Btw Nigerian Pastors by judeodion(m): 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2015
udondeymadt:
i am not going to answer your questions individually. My problem is with religion and religious people in afrika especially in our dear country Nigeria. I want you to not see me as a devil like you outrightly said but just reason with me for a moment. Spending billions of naira to build a magnificent edifies for God is very wrong mist especially in a country that lack housing problems. I have seen a lot of families in my hood that are dedicated to things of the lord in these big churches but yet still struggle to feed, send their kids to school etc..(not even the schools the churches built with their tithes and offerings).
Take a look at most factories that are folding up today, you'd realize that its churches that has taken over those factories.
Have you also learnt that a state governor demolished a state library just to erect a beautiful edifies for God?(i won't mention name) How then can we grow with such mindset when we have failed to encourage reading culture, science and technology... you might be thinking, why am i only attacking Christianity and not Islam. Islam doesn't ransack Gullible people of their money like Xtainity does. Our pastors knows that we fear and respect God so they act on that gullibility and rip Nigerians off their moneys.
All the mega churches I know of use virgin lands and not demolishing homes or libraries or schools. Mind you, don't put failure of any company on any church even if church is presently using their facility. They are the ones who sell the properties to the churches. You asked how we can grow when we failed to encourage reading culture. Is this also against the church? If yes, then know this... That my church sponsors students to universities every year and many other churches do that.
Secondly, I have never heard anyone say they were forced to give money. Maybe they have done that to you or someone you know. I also wonder why this Christianity works for some and doesn't for others. Hebrews 4:2 says "for unto us was the gospel preached as well as unto them but it profited nothing to them not being mixed with faith". Don't come here telling people you were scammed or the gospel is a scam. I used to say that before...

Secondly,
Re: The Constant Competition Btw Nigerian Pastors by edekoln: 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
God does not dwell in temples built by human anymore so the bible says. But every true follower of Christ is the remple of the living God. So they build their churches not for God but for themselves shaking down and robbing the real God's temple to erect their towers of babel.(churches).
Re: The Constant Competition Btw Nigerian Pastors by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 17, 2015
edekoln:
God does not dwell in temples built by human anymore so the bible says. But every true follower of Christ is the remple of the living God. So they build their churches not for God but for themselves shaking down and robbing the real God's temple to erect their towers of babel.(churches).
thank u brother. funny enough the temples dat where built by Solomon in d bible, where is it today? is it still standing? it doesn't exist anymore. why can't these men of God realise d best investment is an individual. I shake my head for my country Nigeria. We will be saved from mental slavery called religion because dat is wat has kept us in dis state we are in. Religious conflicts has wasted more lives than any known disease in d world today. Other developed countries have dropped religious sentiment and moved on see where they are today. Even d people who introduced Christianity to Africa ain't as religious as we are anymore..

(1) (Reply)

The Gift Of No Condemnation - Joseph Prince / No! Pastor Adeboye, Your Approach Is Wrong… Peniel Plus / What Happened Between Enouch,angels,women And Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.