Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. (5449 Views)

Lady Travels To The US To Give Birth, Dumps Husband, Gives Child Up For Adoption / Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) / Child Adoption Process In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by kayalla(f): 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hello NLers please need help.

my father has fallen into serious depression for the reason that we have no male child. we are 8 girls and the youngest is about 12 yrs now.

my father has always been disturbed about this issues and how his elder brothers and relatives mock him how he is acquiring lands and houses for his birds (the Daughters) that tomoro they will all fly away.

recently he has been complaining that that is only thing that will keep alive longer. who would not want to do everything to keep their parents alive.

please does anyone know where and the process for child adoption in Nigeria, within Imo state please.

please i beg anyone with reasonable information please respond.

mods pls help me out!
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by donbenedict(m): 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ur father shouldnt lose hope.. My granddad gave birth to ten children, nine females and the last one being a male..
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by kayalla(f): 12:05am On Dec 16, 2015
donbenedict:
Ur father shouldnt lose hope.. My granddad gave birth to ten children, nine females and the last one being a male..

but my father is 74 and my mun over 60 we thought adoption is the only way, not advised to try having child at these age

2 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by donbenedict(m): 12:07am On Dec 16, 2015
kayalla:

but my father is 74 and my mun over 60 we thought adoption is the only way, not advised to try having child at these age
awww.... Ok so should he adopt and he grows up, and ur father decides to will his properties in his name, will you ladies be ok with it?
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by kayalla(f): 12:17am On Dec 16, 2015
donbenedict:
awww.... Ok so should he adopt and he grows up, and ur father decides to will his properties in his name, will you ladies be ok with it?

yes i guess, thats wat he wants, we will be getting married and leaving anyway
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by donbenedict(m): 12:20am On Dec 16, 2015
kayalla:

yes i guess, thats wat he wants, we will be getting married and leaving anyway
oya he should come and adopt me grin

8 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by kayalla(f): 12:23am On Dec 16, 2015
donbenedict:

grin.

2 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by donbenedict(m): 12:26am On Dec 16, 2015
kayalla:

grin.
as in eh... Like seriously.. Or i fit be inlaw sha wink

2 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by kayalla(f): 12:39am On Dec 16, 2015
donbenedict:
as in eh... Like seriously.. Or i fit be inlaw sha wink

cheesy we no need in-laws for now. we need our own boy child abeg. my father is really depressed, really

1 Like

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by donbenedict(m): 12:44am On Dec 16, 2015
kayalla:

cheesy we no need in-laws for now. we need our own boy child abeg. my father is really depressed, really
ok pm me, lets discuss on the adoption thing.. I think i have some contacts
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by Missali(f): 12:56am On Dec 16, 2015
In most cases an adopted child is not considered a 'true child' in the Nigerian perspective. Arguments such as 'the boy is not our blood, he was bought with money' etc. may arise in the future.

Given that this child is to be taken as the first son (inheritor) of your father, this may not go down well with extended families and immediate families alike in time to come.

You all should think carefully. Igbos especially 'rever' their first son. In addition to saving yourselves future embarrassments, you may want to avoid putting the life of an innocent child in danger.

7 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by Pheals(f): 1:10am On Dec 16, 2015
What's special about male child mtchww undecided

4 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by Miami11: 1:14am On Dec 16, 2015
Your dad should give up At 74, talk him over about forgetting this boy stuff. Girls are kids too.

4 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by kayalla(f): 2:03am On Dec 16, 2015
Miami11:
Your dad should give up At 74, talk him over about forgetting this boy stuff. Girls are kids too.

he used to be ok with the no male child thing but recently it seemed like its the only that matters to him, even my mum and younger ones at re not finding it easy with him any more.
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by kayalla(f): 2:07am On Dec 16, 2015
Missali:
In most cases an adopted child is not considered a 'true child' in the Nigerian perspective. Arguments such as 'the boy is not our blood, he was bought with money' etc. may arise in the future.

Given that this child is to be taken as the first son (inheritor) of your father, this may not go down well with extended families and immediate families alike in time to come.

You all should think carefully. Igbos especially 'rever' their first son. In addition to saving yourselves future embarrassments, you may want to avoid putting the life of an innocent child in danger.

at the long run it might become a problem, and there's no returning a child after adopting. he says he wants to adopt a son and make him his own son before anything happens. for us we re not worried about wat the boy will get,
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by AmiLaHoit(f): 5:40am On Dec 16, 2015
It is obvious no one has any candid ideas ,u will only get discouraged with traditions and stuff.
Kindly contact CHRISTIAN orphanage homes for enquiries. Google for the ones at your location and get the man a happy old .

May the LORD give u all the strenght to overcome this burden.

2 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by Missali(f): 7:59am On Dec 16, 2015
It is not that people have no candid ideas. The fact is that it is better for a child to be raised in an orphanage home where he has the love and respect just as everyone around him, knowing truly his origin, than to be given a false sense of belonging only to be witch-hunted in the near future. Even the OP says she cannot guarantee this issue may not arise sometime later.

Also, we need to look at the reason for adoption. If I were in charge of any of these special care centres and knew the OP I would have refused the adoption of a child from it.
The prerogative of adopting a child first and foremost is love and not because of depression, sadness, anxiety, etc. If you can't be strong for yourself, how exactly can you be strong for a baby?

Asides Papa dilemma of sincerely wishing he had a son, he also wants to be accepted by his kinsmen and I believe he wants them to accept the child too as his son.
He may accept the boy but will the boy be accepted? Let us not place our ambitions in such a way that causes ridicule to others.

That being said, here is a link I got for the process of adopting in Nigeria. It has some useful information. http://nigerianorphanages..

Please make background findings about the orphanage you plan to use as some of them are simply baby factories in disguise.

5 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 16, 2015
No reputable adoption agency is going to give your dad a child because both your parents are too old and the adoption is for the wrong reasons. So you will probably end up with a back door adoption which comes with its own problems.

Your dad at 74 should not be worried about what people say by now
He should be making peace with himself at that age.

The people with the mindset to mock him for having only girls will mock him even more for adopting a child and that poor kid will be treated as a second class citizen by these people.

What you girls need to do is to put their mouths in permanent lock up by achieving even more than what their sons achieve

13 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by pet4ril(f): 8:44am On Dec 16, 2015
donbenedict:
hajahjqjahahahahha u get mouth i swear
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by kayalla(f): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2015
Missali:
It is not that people have no candid ideas. The fact is that it is better for a child to be raised in an orphanage home where he has the love and respect just as everyone around him, knowing truly his origin, than to be given a false sense of belonging only to be witch-hunted in the near future. Even the OP says she cannot guarantee this issue may not arise sometime later.

Also, we need to look at the reason for adoption. If I were in charge of any of these special care centres and knew the OP I would have refused the adoption of a child from it.
The prerogative of adopting a child first and foremost is love and not because of depression, sadness, anxiety, etc. If you can't be strong for yourself, how exactly can you be strong for a baby?

Asides Papa dilemma of sincerely wishing he had a son, he also wants to be accepted by his kinsmen and I believe he wants them to accept the child too as his son.
He may accept the boy but will the boy be accepted? Let us not place our ambitions in such a way that causes ridicule to others.

That being said, here is a link I got for the process of adopting in Nigeria. It has some useful information. http://nigerianorphanages..

Please make background findings about the orphanage you plan to use as some of them are simply baby factories in disguise.

tank u sis for this.

if only my father would listen.
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by Missali(f): 11:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
You're welcome Dear. Just take things easy.
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by Pidggin(f): 11:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
@74? Don't you have male relatives that he could have taken care of or contributed to their lives as a father? What will he do differently with an adopted son that he cannot do with a biological daughter? Good luck to him.

You can contact your state's welfare board for more information on adoption.

2 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by quindebbie: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2015
one of u should have a child for ur father.that way he is still family.he would bear your father's name.it's a sacrifice you would make.go online and learn possible ways of having a male child
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by surrogatesng: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2015
Adoption is a lengthy process in. Nigeria.Please never under any circumstances engage in human trafficking by buying stolen babies.Your best bet is to adopt,if you can be patient,then you will surely get one.There is a long waiting list at the orphanage homes there.I once contacted an orphanage in imo state for adoption on behalf of my client and it was done successfully within months,the second option is for one of his daughters to remain unmarried and start giving birth at home.She might eventually give birth to a boy ( which i am sure non of the children will agree to.)The third option is for your dad to freeze his spperm since he is 74 and try IVF
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by 2sexycom(m): 5:43am On Jun 08, 2016
Get your dad another woman to impregnate. That is the ONLY solution because the child will be his own blood. However, they lady should be working and be able to take care of herself independently just in case your dad is no more.
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 08, 2016
but why didn't your dad adopt the child years ago?

2 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by missvera(f): 9:25pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hmmmmmm....your Dad is an ingrate (sorry to say) He has 8 biological daughters (heiresses)and he is depressed bcs he has no Son(heir) while there is this couple in my neighborhood age 85 and 77 without a child since they got married and they still look happy and believe that's how they are destined(with no child)
As per the adoption issue, he ought to have done that years ago while raising you girls. It's kind of too late now.

4 Likes

Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by pedstan(m): 7:09am On Jul 11, 2016
y
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by MizzLynn(f): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
Please help
My friend is pregnant n the guy refused to accept the responsibility n she kept the baby,now she wants to give the child up for adoption because she can't take care of the child. She will be due end of October and the child is male. Please she needs advice on how to go about it or anyone who wishes to adopt the baby.thanks
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by princesobi(f): 6:39am On Jul 15, 2016
MizzLynn:
Please help
My friend is pregnant n the guy refused to accept the responsibility n she kept the baby,now she wants to give the child up for adoption because she can't take care of the child. She will be due end of October and the child is male. Please she needs advice on how to go about it or anyone who wishes to adopt the baby.thanks

Send me your number or mail
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by princesobi(f): 5:32pm On Oct 07, 2016
MizzLynn:
Please help

Am interested send your mail or watsapp number
Re: Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. by judgedredd22(m): 2:12am On May 19, 2017
kayalla:
Hello NLers please need help.

my father has fallen into serious depression for the reason that we have no male child. we are 8 girls and the youngest is about 12 yrs now.

my father has always been disturbed about this issues and how his elder brothers and relatives mock him how he is acquiring lands and houses for his birds (the Daughters) that tomoro they will all fly away.

recently he has been complaining that that is only thing that will keep alive longer. who would not want to do everything to keep their parents alive.

please does anyone know where and the process for child adoption in Nigeria, within Imo state please.

please i beg anyone with reasonable information please respond.

mods pls help me out!

hello beautiful, how far with this issue - did you guys eventually find a solution?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Husband Abuse! Please Help, My Wife Is Overknocking Me / Foolish Wives/women / How Applicable Is ' Okafor's Theory ' In Today's Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.