Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai (2764 Views)

"Schooling In The UK Made Me Realise How Different Nigerian Lecturers Are" - Man / Between Oou And Lautech Which Of This uni Is Better To Study Medicine / Nigerian Girl Racially Abused In The UK For Her Struggle To Graduate(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by onila(f): 12:49am On Dec 16, 2015

in the UK, U cant stay after graduation

but in dubai. .u have the chance to work

hes going to a British school in Dubai
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by Hundreddegrees(m): 1:05am On Dec 16, 2015
Let him stay in Nigeria na
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 16, 2015
UK has better universities.
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by onila(f): 1:26am On Dec 16, 2015
YourMain:
UK has better universities.
there are british and American universities in Dubai
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 16, 2015
onila:
there are british and American universities in Dubai

The UK has better universities. Would you not go for the original?
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by onila(f): 3:43am On Dec 16, 2015
YourMain:

The UK has better universities. Would you not go for the original?

but UK wont let u stay n work
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by kaffy4tope(m): 5:07am On Dec 16, 2015
You will enjoy Dubai....even Americans, Canadians are all here studying. But, hope u have money sha? Or else na oppression go kill u lol?

If you're driving a G.Wagon here, you are seeing as a poor fellow lol

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by onila(f): 5:24am On Dec 16, 2015
kaffy4tope:
You will enjoy Dubai....even Americans, Canadians are all here studying. But, hope u have money sha? Or else na oppression go kill u lol?

if u study there, will u get a good job
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by ttmacoy: 6:05am On Dec 16, 2015
No exactly true. The UK will allow you stay if you get a job with a company who sponsors you. This means attending good universities and being competitive enough to get into such companies who can pay the salary threshold.

if the poster is targeting good schools and believes he is competitive enough he can definitely work in the UK but if he is targeting just the ok schools which are cheap and have easy entry requirements then he will probably not be competitive enough for the top companies able to sponsor for work permit then the UK is not an attractive option.

I do not think Dubai is more attractive than the UK for international students at all. The universities in the UK are better than Dubai and there are far more job opportunities in the UK but you need to be aware that there is a lot more competition from not only Europeans but many other nationalities such as China, India etc

onila:

but UK wont let u stay n work
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by onila(f): 6:08am On Dec 16, 2015
ttmacoy:
No exactly true. The UK will allow you stay if you get a job with a company who sponsors you. This means attending good universities and being competitive enough to get into such companies who can pay the salary threshold.

if the poster is targeting good schools and believes he is competitive enough he can definitely work in the UK but if he is targeting just the ok schools which are cheap and have easy entry requirements then he will probably not be competitive enough for the top companies able to sponsor for work permit then the UK is not an attractive option.

I do not think Dubai is more attractive than the UK for international students at all. The universities in the UK are better than Dubai and there are far more job opportunities in the UK but you need to be aware that there is a lot more competition from not only Europeans but many other nationalities such as China, India etc.

most of my friends that studied in the UK are all back in Naija

and I know many were gifted students yet cldnt stay
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by ttmacoy: 6:15am On Dec 16, 2015
What schools did they attend?

I definitely agree that it is difficult to get a job in the UK no with the changes but my point is it is not a case of the UK will not allow you stay but has raised the bar for those able to stay therefore the days of going to the cheapest university with low to easy entry requirements and banking on post study worker is gone. If your aim is to stay then we must raise the bar if not Canada an australia have more favourable requirements at the moment. I would advise poster to look at Canada or Australia instead of Dubai.

Even with the UK high requirements, it is still a better option that Dubai to me.

onila:
most of my friends that studied in the UK are all back in Naija

and I know many were gifted students yet cldnt stay
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by onila(f): 6:46am On Dec 16, 2015
ttmacoy:
What schools did they attend?

I definitely agree that it is difficult to get a job in the UK no with the changes but my point is it is not a case of the UK will not allow you stay but has raised the bar for those able to stay therefore the days of going to the cheapest university with low to easy entry requirements and banking on post study worker is gone. If your aim is to stay then we must raise the bar if not Canada an australia have more favourable requirements at the moment. I would advise poster to look at Canada or Australia instead of Dubai.

Even with the UK high requirements, it is still a better option that Dubai to me.

I had a friend who did masters in London school of economics
one did aeronautical engineering in University of Southampton

one did law at University of Hull
another one studied University of York
two in imperial

I know many pple ooo! few i can write down for now
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by kaffy4tope(m): 6:54am On Dec 16, 2015
onila:
if u study there, will u get a good job

100% YES. Check ma signature for ma contacts.
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by onila(f): 7:15am On Dec 16, 2015
kaffy4tope:

100% YES. Check ma signature for ma contacts.
thanks

hes already in dubai tho
I was thinking of sending him to the UK
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by Adaeze003(f): 9:08am On Dec 16, 2015
ttmacoy:

I do not think Dubai is more attractive than the UK for international students at all. The universities in the UK are better than Dubai and there are far more job opportunities in the UK but you need to be aware that there is a lot more competition from not only Europeans but many other nationalities such as China, India etc

How much (naira equivalent) do you consider cheap?
Re: Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai by Elxandre(m): 6:08pm On Dec 16, 2015
kaffy4tope:

Which car you dey drive grin ? Buggati? wink

(1) (Reply)

In-depth Essays Academic Writing Services / From The Archive: History And Struggles Of ASUU, By Attahiru Jega / 16 Things Only UNIBEN Students Can Relate To (Photo Illustrations)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.