Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church (87129 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by macof(m): 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2015
manosteel:
Talking about greatest kings that ply this Earth, kings that ruler Nations, King Solomon, King David, King Cyrus, King Nebuchadnezzar etc, these Kings acknowledged the power of the almighty. Is Your Ooni greater than any of these? He knew He needs the real God, not one tiny god in calabash or small hut.

Nebukadnezar, David, Cyrus as a Babylonian never indulged in foreign gods..Solomon who did is usually rebuked for it.
It's best to condemn the act of a traditional ruler indulging in foreign religion

Shut up! If a yoruba man needs the real God he should seek Olodumare in the various shrines and temples in Yorubaland. .in fact Olodumare can be sought anywhere in Nature unlike ur god that lives in an ark the jews kept
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by mechanics(m): 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
No matter what u do, u stil need God.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by lukas280(m): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
pls mr uthor or writer if i my ask if the new oni of ife was a muslim would he not sit on the ground during prayers for him in d mosqua? guy u dnt look at one disrespect of a queen to God. those who know dere God will worship him no mtta deere position

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by oyetunder(m): 2:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

ANd the story that a man that died for claiming nonsense 2000 years ago in some village in the Middle east is your saviour is not enslavement?

What if Jesus died in Africa
Born of a carpenter
Welcomed by three dibias
With cowries, yams and talismans

Faraway from Mecca
And closer to Abuja,
Aso Rock, his path on Passover

His cross made of rafia
Stoned with mounds of eba
Alomo passed to him as his soul crossed over

But Jesus didnt die in Africa
No eba was stoned at Golgotha
The son of David had no idea whatsoever
That there was a land called Africa.

God that didn't save himself from three nails 2000 years ago and hasn't come back since will save me from what?

HE didn't save all the Christians and Muslims Boko Haram killed in the North. HE didn't destroy the Boko Haram that was supposedly 'spoiling' His Name. Can you see how stupid your God is. Look at all the prayers and tithes and pilgrimage and time Nigerians spend on 'God' business every year and see where we are... Nansenz.. grin grin

Your cars, your phones, your language, your books do not reflect you. You fight for the Gods of the Jews and Arabs. You kill yourself in the name of Allah and Yahweh. And destroy the temples of Chukwu, Olodumare. You insult Esu by calling Him Lucifer. You insult Ekwensu, the great god of war and craftiness, by equating him with Yahweh's archenemy Lucifer. You are deranged, your history is broken, that is why your present is a miserable existence.
who says Jesus knew nothing about Africa? He was brought to Egypt as a baby and grew there to his childhood!!!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by wonderfulman(m): 2:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
NO BODYBODY IS ABOVE GOD NOT EVEN ONI OF IFE.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by itstpia8: 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2015
oyetunder:
who says Jesus knew nothing about Africa? He was brought to Egypt as a baby and grew there to his childhood!!!

you go fear half baked i.diots who rush to type crap.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 16, 2015
Religious extremists everywhere.

1) We have those like ogundeleT and Thismeanswar, who believe d ooni is wrong to kneel. Ooni is d king, he can do whatever d f**k he wants. Go and remove him now, kaa ma woyin ni ran. Babanla iya iya yiin otobe. All na online 'blasting'.

Yoruba traditional belief is d most liberal in d world. Refer to wole soyinka on dis matter.

2) We have d xtian extremists who also believe d ooni shld not be in a church. As I said earlier, d ooni can do whatever d f**k he wants. If DT means he's not a christian, DTS ur prerogative. He didn't get up to preach a sermon to u. God is d only one DT can judge him. Not you. You have no idea whether God impressed on him to go there, after all Jesus dined wt prostitutes and corrupt tax collectors. Also God used idol worshipping kings in d bible. Face ur front & worship ur own God d way u believe.

I know 80% of Yorubas reason like me though so d extremists need to just kp getting high BP.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by macof(m): 2:47pm On Dec 16, 2015
Tequilah:

He goes to church to seek God Almighty, because that is where He can be found. And the king gives thanks to Jesus, because Jesus is way higher than all the Obatalas, Obalufons and Oranfes put together. undecided

almighty god? A god that can only be found within a construct is not almighty. What king calls a foreign god almighty and considers the God of his ancestors less? Why did he show interest in the Obaship, why not bishop or a deacon if jesus is more important than Obalufon

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by macof(m): 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
thuao:
what's this hullabalo abt.
did he knee infront of men, did he kneel down for pastors or reverend .
or before the king of kings , the lord n maker of heaven n earth.
olodumare, olu-orun(olorun), oba adeda, aseda, oludaye ati orun.
if he knelt before God n for God, then there's nothing wrong.
You're saying nonsense
And Olodumare is best sought for in a church? So our ancestors went to church to seek Olodumare?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Tequilah: 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
macof:
almighty god? A god that can only be found within a construct is not almighty. What king calls a foreign god almighty and considers the God of his ancestors less? Why did he show interest in the Obaship, why not bishop or a deacon if jesus is more important than Obalufon

What do you mean by 'foreign' God? The Almighty God who is the Creator of the universe, is not a 'foreign' God! The man is not interested in being a deacon or bishop. If he was interested in such things, he would have been made one long ago. He has gone to give thanks to the Almighty God the Creator of heavens and the earth, who made him a king.

Now if your obalufon gods feel slighted, then let them flex their muscles and dethrone him! Chikena!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by itstpia8: 3:01pm On Dec 16, 2015
janellemonae:
Religious extremists everywhere.

1) We have those like ogundeleT and Thismeanswar, who believe d ooni is wrong to kneel. Ooni is d king, he can do whatever d f**k he wants. Go and remove him now, kiin ma woyin ni ran. Babanla iya iya yiin otobe. All na online 'blasting'.

Yoruba traditional belief is d most liberal in d world. Refer to wole soyinka on dis matter.

2) We have d xtian extremists who also believe d ooni shld not be in a church. As I said earlier, d ooni can do whatever d f**k he wants. If DT means he's not a christian, DTS ur prerogative. He didn't get up to preach a sermon to u. God is d only one DT can judge him. Not you. You have no idea whether God impressed on him to go there, after all Jesus dined wt prostitutes and corrupt tax collectors. Also God used idol worshipping kings in d bible. Face ur front & worship ur own God d way u believe.

I know 80% of Yorubas reason like me though so d extremists need to just kp getting high BP.

who is your rant for sweetie?

I see you posted after me as if you've been waiting for me to type.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by gangjo61(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2015
Return to KING of kings, nice one oba ooni
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by eposho: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
Ooni is even an hypocrite, I thought you remove your cap when in the church, y not go the full hog and let the pastor lay hands on your head.
Then he will rcv anointing now.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by sunsewa: 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
phemmyutd:
Many Nigerians have taken to the social media to express their disgust at the action of the newly-crowned Ooni of Ife who was pictured kneeling in a church. They say it is an affront and rubbishing of the traditional African religion which he is supposed to defend, practise and uphold. On the flip side, some others have blasted him for mixing Christianity with traditional African religions. ‘

‘The Queen of England from the lands who brought you Christianity doesn’t kneel in the church of England nor does she kneel for the god or Jesus, but the Ooni of Ife, a sacred lineage and position that preceded that of England, preceded Christianity now feels the need to insult our culture, people, intelligence and dignity by kneeling in some church! This is just disgusting!”- Teekay Arabambi Akin

http://i1.wp.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Ooni-Of-Ife-Blasted-For-Kneeling-In-Church.jpg

FOOLISH POST,SO HE IS NOW GREATER THAN HIS MAKER.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by menesheh(m): 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
chiefolododo:
SON OF SATAN

Son of imagery jesus.

How about that?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
foody:
Praise God, Is the Ooni of Ife giving his Life to Christ?
lol.Don't be deceived. You can't serve two God's at the same time. Do you have an idea 0f what an Ooni means at all. it's not possible to belong to the different cults required by tradition, and also serve Jesus at the same time.!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by CioAngels(f): 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
Our traditions and customs is in bondage. What i see people do is hide to babalawo, the next minute they tell you they are sleeping in the church becos they are fasting and praying. Hypocrisy. Kabiyesi, may you live long. You are not to kneel before any humanbeing from the day you wore the crown, not even in the church.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by menesheh(m): 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
orunto27:
People blasting The Traditional Ruler know nothing about God. The monarch has a heart and respect for Almighty God of all Cultures and Traditions. He knows best how to commune to get blessings for himself and his people from his God. May our God of all creations bless him with Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding.

Yea god detector. You rub shoulder with god physically?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
oh sexy lady parapapamparam...
lol
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Kennydoc(m): 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2015
hahn:
This is the reason why Africa will continue to remain backward and Africans continue being the least productive people on earth

You really typed this with your hands?
Over $400bn has been looted from Nigeria's treasury since 1960. That's almost our budget for over 15 years. Do you know how much development that amount would have brought us as a country? Yet you think we're underdeveloped because of Christianity? I pity your reasoning.
Even US and Europe which are the most developed regions of the world started out as Christian Nations.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by bankylan: 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
Bethor:
THIS ONI COMPLETELY LOST IT.
OUR CULTURE HAVE NO MIX WITH THE IMPERIALIST, THE CONQUISTADORS AND THEIR RELIGION.
THE COUNCIL OF CHIEFS SHOULD AS A MATTER OF URGENCY RE-SCHOOL THIS ONI AND WAKE HIM UP FROM HIS LONG YEARS OF SLEEPING..!!
THIS IS NOT A GAME!

May God grant your family the beatitude to bear your loss...His name is Jesus, at the mention of His name, every knee bows...What has culture brought the black man? But Jesus has blessed us indeed. If you are yet to be a partaker, just accept Jesus today.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by seyimm: 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2015
What is the difference between a traditional worshipper paying homage to the gods and a king kneeling in respect for the king of kings?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by tomakint: 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
Tequilah:

For this post, I hereby award you 1,000 likes...step up and collect your trophy, jare! cheesy

And for you, not only am I awarding 1,000 likes to your post, I am also releasing 1,000 blessings that will follow you from now till eternity. May the Almighty always have your back in every given situation. May your success always confound your haters! cool
A BIG AMEN! MAY GOD (YAHWEH) REWARD YOU ACCORDINGLY TOO SIR!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

ANd the story that a man that died for claiming nonsense 2000 years ago in some village in the Middle east is your saviour is not enslavement?

Born of a carpenter
Welcomed by three dibias
With cowries, yams and talismans

Faraway from Mecca
And closer to Abuja,
Aso Rock, his path on Passover

His cross made of rafia
Stoned with mounds of eba
Alomo passed to him as his soul crossed over

But Jesus didnt die in Africa
No eba was stoned at Golgotha
The son of David had no idea whatsoever
That there was a land called Africa.

God that didn't save himself from three nails 2000 years ago and hasn't come back since will save me from what?

HE didn't save all the Christians and Muslims Boko Haram killed in the North. HE didn't destroy the Boko Haram that was supposedly 'spoiling' His Name. Can you see how stupid your God is. Look at all the prayers and tithes and pilgrimage and time Nigerians spend on 'God' business every year and see where we are... Nansenz.. grin grin

Your cars, your phones, your language, your books do not reflect you. You fight for the Gods of the Jews and Arabs. You kill yourself in the name of Allah and Yahweh. And destroy the temples of Chukwu, Olodumare. You insult Esu by calling Him Lucifer. You insult Ekwensu, the great god of war and craftiness, by equating him with Yahweh's archenemy Lucifer. You are deranged, your history is broken, that is why your present is a miserable existence.

If. U like pay all the tithe or even give all ur salary to God, it will make no sense to him if u r living a filthy, careless, and bitter life. Man I dnt knw wht ur frustrations r but mind u no one can bribe God or blackmail him. If u r a victim of any mishap, just reflect on ur life u will discover it's all ur fault not God's. Jesus said if u love me do my will. Wht is his will " love God n love ur neighbour". How many of so called nigerians have genuine love for their neighbour.

Ur bitterness n frustration cannot cower God or those believers who already hv encounter with God. U can only convince the hypocrites and blacksliders. No matter who u r or condition u r into u must humble urself bf Christ will pay u a visit.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
Bethor:
THIS ONI COMPLETELY LOST IT.
OUR CULTURE HAVE NO MIX WITH THE IMPERIALIST, THE CONQUISTADORS AND THEIR RELIGION.
THE COUNCIL OF CHIEFS SHOULD AS A MATTER OF URGENCY RE-SCHOOL THIS ONI AND WAKE HIM UP FROM HIS LONG YEARS OF SLEEPING..!!
THIS IS NOT A GAME!
But the emir prays in the mosque like any other muslim
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by davidhume1: 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
The guy is just a greedy hypocrite. The God of the christians had nothing to do with the prestige that comes with that title.
I wonder how our lost brothers in the Americas, who are trying to connect with the Gods of their ancestors are supposed to take this buffoon seriously?
What a waste!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
uwa1:
The people talking shld answer this question, Who is higher 'God Almighty or Ooni'..... Then d case is solved.

Jesus is a fvxking man u fool. Not a god.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
missKiffy:
He is kneeling before God for crying out loud, whats the big deal in it

U call a dead jew ur God? Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Drabrah(m): 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
Haters gon Hate!
Ride on Sire!!!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 16, 2015
KALITO30:
if you believe he existed and was killed you might as well believe that he rose again,story of him being killed and rising again came from the same page why would you believe he was killed and not believe he rose when the story is told from a particular source?don't get urself confused
that was based on assumption ..
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
inme:
One thing I know is, nobody is bigger than the Almighty God.

God Almighty is greater than any human on this earth and anywhere else

Even the babalawos knows that

But God Almighty is not a dead jew called jesus ok!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
This Oba is obviously confused!! wetin carry am go dey kneel down for Church? You can't serve two masters at a time

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Names Of Animal In Efik/ibibio / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.