Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,308 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Chelsea 's Season Analyzed - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea 's Season Analyzed (607 Views)

WELL ANALYZED 9odds available today (pay after win) 100% / Bellerin Didn't Know Chelsea Scored - Wenger Explains Defender's Injury / See Country Where Citizens Get 80 Lashes For Wearing Chelsea?s Jersey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea 's Season Analyzed by gogis(m): 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
Truth must be told. These Chelsea players are the worst set of players to ever represent this club.
No professionalism. No fight. No unity. Nothing at all.
When your best player goes 7 months without scoring, surely it's not the fault of the coach.
When your strikers kept missing sitters upon sitters then it's not the fault of the coach.
When your defence is too old to adapt to modern football then it's not the fault of the coach.
I blame Jose Mourinho for one thing which is making these bunch of average players CHAMPIONS.
Before Jose joined or re-joined Chelsea, no pundit includes Chelsea as title favourites.
He came and won 2 titles in 3 years. Left, came back and was just 4 points close to winning it in his first season. He promised to win it in his 2nd season and he did. What happened? It got to the head of those players.
I tell you, this team isn't worthy to be Champions of England if not for Jose Mourinho.
I look at Chelsea and the world class players I see are Courtois, Fabregas and Pedro.
Others are sh****t!
Willian for all his gra gra is NOT a goal threat. Forget his free kick heroics this season and watch him closely.
He offers ZERO threat going forward.
4 goals and 1 assists last season.
About 7 goals this season with few from fluke set pieces.
When was the last time Willian scored from open play if not against Fc Porto?
In the summer, Jose should be given time to re-build. These players have failed the club.
Ferguson has built, it didn't work and he re-builds again. No shame in that.
A summer clear out should be done.
Ivanovic, Mikel, Ramires, Oscar, Hazard (if he doesn't improve), Terry, Matic should be sold off.
Bring in new hungry players and breed in some of our youths like Kenedy, Traore and co.
Alex ferguson would tell you. If Rooney can give me 15 goals. Cr7 give me 20 goals. Tevez give me 15 goals. I would win the league. Then I can get few goals from Nani, Scholes, Giggs, my defenders.
How many goals does Willian give Chelsea in a season?
People will say he runs back to defend. I ask them, how many times have Willian won any tackle going back. What he does is cover not tackling.
A typical example of players that wins tackles is Oscar.
Look at this team and tell me how many would get into our 04/05 team.
NONE!
Jose also has his part of blames too.
The reason Ancelotti mostly failed in his 2nd season with us was not because we didn't strengthen but because teams found out his 4-3-3 diamond formation.
He didn't bother to try new tactics. Same is happening to Jose.
Why still persist with your 4-2-3-1 formation? Why still play Ivanovic at RB when it's obvious he can't cross an ant? Why still start Ramires in a sensitive position as CM? Why still play a one man attack? Look, Costa is not Drogba. When you play that formation then know that your point man can win aerial balls or good with the ball at his feet.
Costa is a natural finisher that dwells on 2 man attack and counter. His combination with Falcao at Atl madrid was sublime.
Why can't we play a 2 man striker?
Why always set us up defensively? Starting Ramires makes the team defensive because he can't retain the ball.
Fabregas came on last night and we saw his deadly passes.
When a team is static, you as a midfielder will be useless.
Fabregas strives when his team has movements. This is one thing Chelsea lack.
Why not play a natural LB instead of suffering a right footed player at LB that had to put the ball at his right before crossing?
What has happened to the youths? Cheek? Traore? Kennedy? What?
Traore scored 16 goals in dutch league just few goals behind Depay yet hardly gets a minute.
He's more of a goal threat than Willian.
This is where I respect Ferguson and Wenger. If Wenger had someone like Kenedy, Cheek or Traore I'm sure they would be something else now.
Where's Chalobah? That guy is a ball playing DM. Was better than Coquelin.
Look, some players aren't good at loans. Chelsea destroyed MC eachran by loaning him instead of actually grooming him.
Why spend 16m pounds on Baba Rahman that hardly plays when you've Nathan Ake that can also play LB?
Benitez started Ake at DM against Everton seasons back and he was excellent. Won the tackle that got us the equaliser in that game.
Where's Solanke? He scored 42 goals at youth team yet can't even be our 3rd choice striker.
Martial at 19 years is doing wonders.
Solanke would have been a perfect 3rd choice striker. Soon he will end up like others.
Ferguson made Welbeck 4th choice striker at that age.
What about Bamford? Not good enough for 3rd choice striker? Why bring in an aged Falcao that's done by injuries and wasting money on him?
Where's kalas? Omeruo? Loaned out and waiting for one excuse to get rid of them.
Where's Wallace? A natural RB. He can't be worse that Ivanovic that can't cross.
Jose is an excellent coach but sometimes you need to be a little bit expansive.
Chelsea has players that can keep the ball but they're set up in a different way.
You don't expect Hazard to track back and do the attack alone yet expect miracles from him. He's not a machine. Players like him needs movements around him. When going on attack you still see Azpilicueta 10 yards behind Hazard.
Our play is predictable now. Pass to Ivanovic. Ivanovic to willian. Cuts back to Hazard then to Ivanovic again and he crosses hits a player to win a corner. That's how we play now. Predictable pattern.
WHAT SHOULD BE DONE NOW?
Change formation to either 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3 with Fabregas as a free role player to spray the passes.
Only Jose doesn't know that Fabregas isn't a natural DLP but an attacking player.
The qualities of a DLP is that he's calm. Controls the game. Brings urgency and precision to play. Fabregas isn't that player. He's not calm. He's always looking for that killer pass and moving forward.
A typical DLP is Xavi, Kroos, Bastain.
Play a 3 man attack to press from the front.
Plant 2 defensive players to offer protection to Fabregas.
Emulate the formation France did at 2006 world cup where Zidane a defensive liability was given freedom to roam around with Makelele and Vierra offering protection.
Malouda, Ribery and Henry formed a 3 man attack.
With such formation, your LB and RB MUST be functional. Sagnol was always bombing forward with I think Lizarazu or Evra at LB doing same.
If we play a 4-3-3 formation then it has to be Matic, Mikel or Cheek and Fabregas or Oscar forming a 3 man midfield.
Play Azpilicueta at RB. Play Baba or even kenedy at LB. Drop Ramires completely. If he must play then it has to be at RB.
Do these and we bounce back for real.
CHELSEA CHELSEA!
A Copy This Post From One Of Chelsea Fan Timeline.
Truly This Man Has Analyse The Problem Of Chelsea Team, There Is Point On What He Wrote.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea 's Season Analyzed by okonja(m): 11:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nice one, meanwhile, Let me sleep, I would come back later to comment
Re: Chelsea 's Season Analyzed by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:54pm On Dec 16, 2015
Wot is chelsea?

Dia is a wine called chelsea here in Aba
Re: Chelsea 's Season Analyzed by jidal14: 6:56am On Dec 17, 2015
Re: Chelsea 's Season Analyzed by dicksj93: 8:39am On Dec 17, 2015
He's said everything on ma mind...save for the Willian part though....willian ain't shit.......we v got him to tanx for our place in the last 16 that have given us a chance to av stupid fantasies like winning the cl trophy
Re: Chelsea 's Season Analyzed by rottennaija(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2015
So how do you get this to morinho? It useless if he cannot get this suggestions
Re: Chelsea 's Season Analyzed by rottennaija(m): 11:48am On Dec 17, 2015
But OP, you have said nothing about the defenders sleeping ad they have been doing recently and how that can be stopped
And you haven't said anything about how Costa will start scoring when he should. I know you will say he should play Remy, but Remy cannot contribute much to the game as Costa does even though he scores more than Costa. Most times, Remy seems lost in the field if he plays alone upfront. So, how do you resolve that?

(1) (Reply)

Standings In The Premier League Table / More Photos From The Ongoing Aba City Half Marathon / Messi Wins 2015 Ballon D'or

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.