Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job (38946 Views)

5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today / I Got My First N-POWER Alert After Seven Months (pics) / I Got My Dream Job On Nairaland Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 9:45am On Dec 30, 2015
Rohjay90:

Congratulation brother, God that elevated you among jobseekers will elevate me too in this new year. I know you would have gotten millions of mentions, and i hope you wont be fixated with my own. Indeed, jobseeking time is a frustrating time. I am a graduate of INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY, and i wont mind being a "TRAINEE" in your company, so as to have working experience in that field. Pls let's know when there is vacancies.
My mail is "Oluwafemi487@yahoo.com".
And 08135228740 for whatsapp

Thanks for taking your time to read my post. And if i may ask, are you still doing the lesson? If no, i wont mind if you can recommend me. I can teach Chemistry and maths.

God will continue to uplift you from strength to strength.
amen!!! Thanks for the prayers

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2015
Congrats bro, I tap into your testimony, may favour and grace far greater than this locate us all as we step into 2016.
I am a geologist by the way. Peace.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 1:17am On May 30, 2016
Rohjay90:

Congratulation brother, God that elevated you among jobseekers will elevate me too in this new year. I know you would have gotten millions of mentions, and i hope you wont be fixated with my own. Indeed, jobseeking time is a frustrating time. I am a graduate of INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY, and i wont mind being a "TRAINEE" in your company, so as to have working experience in that field. Pls let's know when there is vacancies.
My mail is "Oluwafemi487@yahoo.com".
And for whatsapp

Thanks for taking your time to read my post. And if i may ask, are you still doing the lesson? If no, i wont mind if you can recommend me. I can teach Chemistry and maths.

God will continue to uplift you from strength to strength.
what's your location bruh

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by BrilliantMind: 5:56am On May 30, 2016
@"EQUADO" I'm a graduate of chemical engineering.I can teach maths,physics,chemistry and f/maths efficiently.Thank u and God bless.I am in lagos state.Pls recomend me. myzeebaby7@gmail.com
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by patfenda(m): 8:35am On May 30, 2016
Equado:
This writeup has been on my mind for sometime but due to the nature of my job,I have been extremely busy. This writeup might be helpful to some of the unemployed youths who are currently jumping from one interview to another, or those who are wondering what next after school.
I graduated from the university about 3years ago, and as a normal Nigerian graduate, I sat at home submitting cvs from one company to another, hoping ill one day get my dream job. I submitted cvs day in, day out and gradually days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. I gained weight and before I knew it,I felt myself rapidly aging, was looking far older than I was. The agenda for the day where the same, eat, games, sleep, eat, TV/games, sleep.If I needed money for anything I asked my mum, it was truly a nightmare, my mum took full advantage, in making me do menial house-chores which I so hated. Something has to change I thought.
I decided to go out and do anything I can to make money, so I started home lessons for my aunts children, she paid me 5k for two hours lesson, three times a week. I wrote an application to teach in one "dead" private school at a place far from me, I knew I would never be turned down due to my educational qualifications.So I landed my first ever job post school days, I was to teach 6 subjects(mathematics,geography,agric,biology,chemistry and physics) both for ss1 and ss2. It was a stressful job and the pay was just 16k, the transport from the school to where I stay was 4k per-month. Teaching at that school was soooo stressful, writing lesson notes for all those subjects, marking students notes and teaching. It was very stressful but I did the job diligently, My director recommended me to a man who was looking for a lesson teacher for his son, he paid 20k for 3hours a day, four times a week lesson. I was no longer depending on my mum for financial support and hence i stopped the house-chores I so hated grin .
Fast forward, I was one day preparing the js3 class for there upcoming junior waec one evening when i noticed a woman who looked very rich observing me from the window. She was inside her car passing by and heard me teaching and it caught her attention. She sent her security man to collect my number, was expecting her call but she never called. One month later, I received a call and it was her, she wanted me doing home lesson for her children, they where 3 in number. After much negotiations she opted to pay 80k for the 3 of them, at this time all my earnings combined was about 116k. I stopped doing lessons for my aunts children, was just focused on my two lessons and the school where I was teaching.
Fast forward, the woman I worked for was a talkative and I liked talking myself, each time am teaching her children and shes around, we talk about everything. She grew to like me, and in no short time it was like we've known ourselves for a long time. Her husband is a contractor to a big oil company and he wanted starting an oil servicing firm for his wife, due to the discussions me and his wife usually have, I got to know. She told me about the project and how they already have everything in place, just looking for the right personnel's. She needed a manager who would run the place, she told me about it and subtly asked me if I was interested since I read a course similar to what she wants. I quickly agreed, despite my lack of experience she made me the manager of the soon to start establishment.
It was all a dream, as the manager I was entitled to my own personal car, which she gave me from her and her husbands fleet of cars and my salary structure is now over 400k. We started the company, she brought in more experienced people but all of them are to call me "SIR''. I became boss to car owners, " Big Men" and during the 6months have been working there now have shook hands to highly important personalities. The first interview we conducted, I saw graduates trooping in, just to get this job, made me realize how far I have come in a short while, only because I decided to leave the house and get busy instead of jumping from one interview to another.
The company has done really well in this few months, our second recruitment exercise is tomorrow and its like have been here all my life. In reality March this year, I didn't envisage Ill be here so soon. Morals of this, to those graduates out there still waiting for big organizations to start recruiting,before leaving the house, please get out there and do anything, no matter how menial it might be, while doing it be diligent , cause you might never know when its your turn to break-free of the yoke that's unemployment .
cc lalasticlala
bro pls can I take those her kids on the lesson?if yes pls holla me Sir....not too good at maths,never taught before but I wanna Give it a short instead of staying home n doing nothing,in your case u have a mum to giv u but In my case,I have no one but a pregnant wife to cater 4. pls 07030971606
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2016
patfenda:
bro pls can I take those her kids on the lesson?if yes pls holla me Sir....not too good at maths,never taught before but I wanna Give it a short instead of staying home n doing nothing,in your case u have a mum to giv u but In my case,I have no one but a pregnant wife to cater 4. pls 07030971606
bro, I feel for you, but am at Delta state. Besides what's your discipline?
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Joe82834(m): 8:46pm On May 30, 2016
Equado:
Am also in delta state n currently teaching maths n physics. Would luv d recommendation for d teaching as well.tanx
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2016
Joe82834:

Am also in delta state n currently teaching maths n physics. Would luv d recommendation for d teaching as well.tanx
where in Delta sir?
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by patfenda(m): 9:36pm On May 30, 2016
Equado:
N.d business administration from laspotech Sir but operates the forklift machine and worked with Cway food and beverages for some years...even if I dont qualify,I am willing to go through a learning process in other to be fixed somewhere in your company.pls help a broda
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by silentdude(m): 11:40pm On May 30, 2016
I read Materials Engineering. (2-1),. I'm willing ,ready to learn and to work. Seeking a Trainee role in your organization.
my mail is seunspace@hotmail.com

thank you
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Joe82834(m): 3:36am On May 31, 2016
Equado:
where in Delta sir?
Warri/effurun axis
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 8:50am On May 31, 2016
Joe82834:

Warri/effurun axis
ok, that's close to me, drop your number and ill give you a call before the week runs out
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by BrilliantMind: 10:49am On May 31, 2016
[quote author=Equado post=41092155] This writeup has been on my mind for sometime but due to the nature of my job,I have been extremely busy. This writeup might be helpful to some of the unemployed youths who are currently jumping from one interview to another, or those who are wondering what next after school.
I graduated from the university about 3years ago, and as a normal Nigerian graduate, I sat at home submitting cvs from one company to another, hoping ill one day get my dream job. I submitted cvs day in, day out and gradually days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. I gained weight and before I knew it,I felt myself rapidly aging, was looking far older than I was. The agenda for the day where the same, eat, games, sleep, eat, TV/games, sleep.If I needed money for anything I asked my mum, it was truly a nightmare, my mum took full advantage, in making me do menial house-chores which I so hated. Something has to change I thought.
Pls help a brother(B.Eng. Chemical-2-1).Thanks
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Joe82834(m): 12:07pm On May 31, 2016
Equado:
ok, that's close to me, drop your number and ill give you a call before the week runs out

07060746713. Thanks bro and looking forward to your call
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Rohjay90: 8:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
Equado:
what's your location bruh
My oga Sir, sorry for replying you late. I have been offline for a while. I am presently in Ibadan, but relocation is not a problem. GOD BLESS YOU A LOT.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Joe82834(m): 12:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
Equado:
Good afternoon. Hope u re doing well. Haven't heard from you
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 10:30am On Jun 10, 2016
Joe82834:

Good afternoon. Hope u re doing well. Haven't heard from you
sorry, been busy, you can reach me with this number 08173983793
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by charlie42(m): 11:18am On Jul 05, 2016
pls help me ministry too. Studied Educational Technology @ UNILORIN. Done with my Nysc. I can relocate if d need arise. Thanks
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by fastandfurious: 11:59am On Jul 05, 2016
Quite Intriguing, congrats. Job seekers, feel free to search for "Job Links Nigeria" on facebook. They post openings and vacancies. Good luck
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by megadinho(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
Very inspirational... Congratulations... God help us jobseekers.....
akposmegy@gmail. com
U can be of help....(mechanical engineering)
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by tallywise: 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
Hello sir,

please sir I'll like to apply for a job in your company if there is any opening available. I sent you a pm but not gotten any response yet.

kindly help me out, I'm in dire need of a job, I'm a mother with 2 great kids, I'm an accounting graduate with experience in office administration, finance, sales and customer relations..... but I'm ready to do any office job so my kids would stop starving and get back to school. I plead to you sir and other nairalanders who are in a position to help, please help me! my email: nmatally@gmail.com
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by phykiesexy: 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
Oga Equado please help me am in warri wid u.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 17, 2016
I've read/heard different versions of this story before.
Read Nassim Taleb's Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by tex73: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
Cheks01:
Grace of Almighty God. Congrats

Congrats too. Happy birthday �
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Zahra24: 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2020
Wow. Amazing story. God bless you for sharing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Graduate Trainees At Pedabo / Oando Gas And Power Limited Recruitment 2017 (4 Positions) / ExxonMobil Recruitment for operations and maintenance technician 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.