Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 (564 Views)

Moji Olaiya’s Death: How 3 Notable Nollywood Stars Died Within 30 Days / Princeakins With Olajumoke The Notable Ex-Bread Seller At Poise NG Lekki / Top Ten Most Notable People On Nairaland Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
This Year gave Nigerians a voice and they used it indeed! This year also witnessed some spoken words from Notable Nigerians which cannot/should not be forgotten in a hurry. These quotes cracked me up,I dont know about you!

10. “Mr Orubebe, you are a former Minister of the Federal Republic .
You are a statesman in your own right. You should be careful about what you say or what allegations or accusations you make. Certainly you should be careful about your public conduct” – Attahiru Jega

The former INEC chairman said this to Godsday Orubebe, after the PDP party agent created an embarrassing scene at the collation centre in Abuja, trying to disrupt announcement of results.

9. “Go and die” – Adams Oshiomhole. The incident happened as the woman knelt before Oshiomhole begging for her little means of livelihood to be saved. After which he shouted out the infamous phrase. Not funny at all, which was immediately noticed by Nigerians. The video of the great humiliation surfaced online and got people furious. Soon the governor apologized to the widow, donated N2 million to her and offered help with employment.

8. “Ojukwu is a great man, he died but his manhood lives on” – Patience Jonathan. Dame Patience put a noble meaning into the word “manhood”, however internet users did not miss the opportunity to have a good laugh upon hearing it. It is worth mentioning that the former First Lady is often attacked in social media over grammatical blunders in her speech.
Re: Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
Lol
Re: Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
7. “Stealing is not corruption” –
Goodluck Jonathan. At the
Presidential Media Chat on Wednesday,
February 11, 2015 former President
Goodluck Jonathan stated that “Stealing
isn’t corruption”.

6. “I have never collected bribe in
my life” – Rotimi Amaechi. The
former Rivers state governor, said this
when questioned on corruption charges
leveled against him during his ministerial
screening at the Seante.

5. “I might have ruffled a few
feathers in the course of my duties,
it wasn’t personal” –
Lai Mohammed. Nigeria’s minister of
information stated this in his speech,
during his ministerial screening. Prev6 of
10Next

4. “My ambition is not worth the
blood of any Nigerian” – Goodluck
Jonathan. The former president
speaking at a special church service to
mark this year’s Armed Forces
Remembrance Day, Jonathan reminded
politicians that no ambition was worth
the blood of innocent Nigerians, adding
that if we continued to kill ourselves,
there would be no nation to govern.
Re: Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 by utenwuson: 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
d rest
Re: Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 by chucky234(m): 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
My ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian - GEJ So Epic
Re: Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 by chucky234(m): 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
My ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian - GEJ So Epic
Re: Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
3. “May our Loyalty never be tested” – Fashola The minister of power, work and housing said this in response to a question to god-fatherism during his ministerial screening.

2. “Poverty is the problem between the mindlessly rich and hopelessly poor” – Kayode Fayemi. The former Ekiti state governor said this during his ministerial screening.

1. “I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody” – President Muhammadu Buhari. The president said this in his inaugural speech as he was sworn in as the 5th democratic leader which was held at the Eagles’ Square
Re: Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
3. “May our Loyalty never be tested” – Fashola The minister of power, work and housing said this in response to a question to god-fatherism during his ministerial screening.

2. “Poverty is the problem between the mindlessly rich and hopelessly poor” – Kayode Fayemi. The former Ekiti state governor said this during his ministerial screening.

1. “I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody” – President Muhammadu Buhari. The president said this in his inaugural speech as he was sworn in as the 5th democratic leader which was held at the Eagles’ Square
Re: Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 by obiorathesubtle: 8:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ha
Ha
Ha
Re: Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 18, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
Ha
Ha
Ha
hi my igbo frnd
Re: Most Notable Political Quotes Of 2015 by dont8(m): 12:14am On Dec 20, 2015
naughtynaughty:
3. “May our Loyalty never be
tested” – Fashola The minister of
power, work and housing said this in
response to a question to god-fatherism
during his ministerial screening.
Nice quotes they made.

This quote by Fashola is deep and apt for the occasion he find himself at that point considering he had an issue with Tinubu previously

2. “Poverty is the problem between
the mindlessly rich and hopelessly
poor” – Kayode Fayemi. The former
Ekiti state governor said this during his
ministerial screening.
Dasuki and co comes to mind. Imagine what those fund could have done in the life of ordinary Nigerians even though the fund is meant for arms purchase but, they would have defeated the insurgents and the people would have gone back to their respective communities to continue their normal life.

1. “I belong to everybody and I
belong to nobody” – President
Muhammadu Buhari. The president
said this in his inaugural speech as he
was sworn in as the 5th democratic
leader which was held at the Eagles’
Square
Only time will tell on this particular one from Mr. President

(1) (Reply)

See The List Of Google’s Most Searched Musicians In Nigeria For 2015 / Yay! Okonjo Iweala's Son Proposes To Genevieve! / ★ 6 Songs From Non-gospel Artistes That Made It To Church - 360jamng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.