Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Unilorin Admission Saga - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Admission Saga (1115 Views)

Unilorin Admission List For 2017/18 Academic Session Is Out / Breaking News!!! U Can Now Check Your Unilorin Admission Status On Jamb Site / OAU Admission Saga: Aror Oghenerukewve Got 79.05% not 75.2% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin Admission Saga by Vuproff: 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
Is this what we voted for?
i just discovered this of recent because i have a couple of friends who have being expecting admission from University of Ilorin and till now the image below shows what they keep seeing on their admission status...
After scoring very high in both Jamb and Post-ume, you are meant to be recommended by the powers that be for admission...
while those who had low marks are getting recommendations and getting unmerited admissions...

Have you seen a similar situation with any other university or have you being after in any way please speak out now,
Am speaking out because i pity this young lads who do not know how to air their views online or other wise and fight for their right...
Nigeria belongs to us...
We must stand up for justice...

No to Unilorin...

Re: Unilorin Admission Saga by hmohammed(m): 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
From my own experience way back in 2002, I got very good grades in my A levels but was not offered admission, while other applicants with lower grades were offered admission. The school is just all about who you know. Please note that I do not know if this unfairness is also inherent in other institutions admission process.
Re: Unilorin Admission Saga by Demmocrats(m): 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
grin
Re: Unilorin Admission Saga by crownprince102: 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
u started with "is this the change we voted"....... I know buhari to be the President of Nigeria not the admission officer of unilorin.

your friend should thank God it is not OAU, they might not have even score high marks.

that's the Nigeria we live in.
Re: Unilorin Admission Saga by akinyeleaa: 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
Next year, choose another school.
Re: Unilorin Admission Saga by worth(m): 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
If you are not from d state, catchment area and you have no one working in d school, honestly, if you choose d school, you are on you own except God helps you. so it is not about apc or pdp.
Re: Unilorin Admission Saga by Olarajee(m): 2:02am On Dec 18, 2015
Why not write what u know? Do you even know how the admission process is? Do u have knowledge of the number of applicants? Do you know the percentage that have high scores and pass the post utme very well?
Do you know the limit the school can admit from the NUC guidelines? Is the school of their catchment area?
Did they exceed the merit score?
Don't go around posting thrash, ask if you don't knw.
You just want to walk into the most subscribed university just like that cuz of some alleged high score... u try.

Post the images of their scores here and I will help you out.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Admission Saga by MrOra(m): 6:39am On Dec 18, 2015
Olarajee:
Why not write what u know? Do you even know how the admission process is? Do u have knowledge of the number of applicants? Do you know the percentage that have high scores and pass the post utme very well?
Do you know the limit the school can admit from the NUC guidelines? Is the school of their catchment area?
Did they exceed the merit score?
Don't go around posting thrash, ask if you don't knw.
You just want to walk into the most subscribed university just like that cuz of some alleged high score... u try.

Post the images of their scores here and I will help you out.
Thank you so much. They think it's immediately you have high score gram they'll admit you, check how many people applied. People who make these sorta complaints baffle me because if they still think like kids how will they get admission? They don't know that score is course determinant, you can score 250 and not be admitted for medicine while someone else with 230 would be admitted for microbiology. Be wise.
Re: Unilorin Admission Saga by successtar(m): 7:25am On Dec 18, 2015
That is Unilorin for you.

Unilorite in the making.
Re: Unilorin Admission Saga by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 18, 2015
University of Nigeria, is very transparent in admissions.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Grades / Our Portal Have Been Re-open For 48hrs For Registration Submission Only. JAMB / Live Pictures Of NOUN 15th Matriculation In Asaba Study Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.