Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,968 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Does God Know EVERYTHING To The Extent Of The Choice We will Make? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Know EVERYTHING To The Extent Of The Choice We will Make? (542 Views)

Does God Really Answer Prayers? / May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. / Does God know EVERYTHING to d extent of knowing the choice we ll make? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does God Know EVERYTHING To The Extent Of The Choice We will Make? by mykel25(m): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
I have a question lingering in my mind....its believed that God knows everything before time....is it to say when it come to when we are to choose he already know the choice we ll make? if yes then why did he give us CHOICE?

To my own opinion he only knows the end point when we make a choice....he does not interfere with that cuz he gave that power to us..I call it "THE PLACE OF MAN" I see choice as a decision we have to make so that we can take responsibilities for it.......buh there is a place where God tampered with human choice in the bible....in the case of moses and pharoah....he was the one that sent moses yet he's still the one that hardened pharoahs heart so that he can destroy him (book of exodus) so the question is does God know EVERYTHING to d extent of knowing the choice we ll make? Plus those that rob and kill is it God's plan for their life? Remember everything he created is good
Re: Does God Know EVERYTHING To The Extent Of The Choice We will Make? by Antiparticle(m): 5:06am On Dec 18, 2015
If God knows everything before it happens, then that invariably means that everything is pretermined and there is no true independent human will/choice (which contradicts the Bible). If everything is not predetermined (i.e. there is true independent human will) then that means God doesn't know everything, thus also contradicting the Bible.

This is one of the countless logical fallacies in the Bible.

mykel25:
I have a question lingering in my mind....its believed that God knows everything before time....is it to say when it come to when we are to choose he already know the choice we ll make? if yes then why did he give us CHOICE?

To my own opinion he only knows the end point when we make a choice....he does not interfere with that cuz he gave that power to us..I call it "THE PLACE OF MAN" I see choice as a decision we have to make so that we can take responsibilities for it.......buh there is a place where God tampered with human choice in the bible....in the case of moses and pharoah....he was the one that sent moses yet he's still the one that hardened pharoahs heart so that he can destroy him (book of exodus) so the question is does God know EVERYTHING to d extent of knowing the choice we ll make? Plus those that rob and kill is it God's plan for their life? Remember everything he created is good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Know EVERYTHING To The Extent Of The Choice We will Make? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 18, 2015
it is called free will. we all have a free will and God does not interfere in the affairs of man, only on few occasions.

(1) (Reply)

The Tenets Of The Laveyan Satanic Church Are Surprisingly Noble. / Please Nairalanders I Need Your Help / Why Is The Bible Wrong, When It Attempts To Go Beyond what we see PhysicaIly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.