Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,495 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

CWM For Infinix Hot 2 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / CWM For Infinix Hot 2 (2200 Views)

Request CWM Recovery For Your Itel Phone And Team Họvatek Will Make It Happen / How To Create Cwm For Infinix Hot Note 16+2gb Ram Version. / Pls I Need Cwm For Innjoo F2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CWM For Infinix Hot 2 by noirsangre(m): 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
If you are a power user of Android, then it is no doubt that you have your Phone rooted. Well after rooting, most people install a custom recovery and back up their ROMs in case anything happens. For Infinix Hot 2 users however, that is not possible as CWM for Infinix Hot 2 is not yet out. I tried making one the other day but SPFlash tool gave me an error. After spending the whole day trying to create CWM for my Infinix Hot 2, I found out that it was an impossible process as I just couldn’t get it to work no matter what I did.
CWM for Infinix Hot 2 not possible yet

Most SuperUser users of Android use CWM for various reasons such as flashing custom ROMs, installing Xposed Installer, backing up their devices etc. If you use the Infinix Hot 2, then it is impossible for you to do any of these things. In that case, you will need another alternative and that comes in the form of TWRP.
What is TWRP?

TWRP is a custom recovery like CWM with the added benefit of being able to use your touchscreen to navigate through the recover. TWRP is a little bit more complicated than CWM but is still fairly easy to learn. Since CWM for Infinix Hot 2 is not out yet, I will be teaching you how to install TWRP on your Infinix Hot 2. Just follow the steps below and you should have a working custom recovery in no time at all.
PREREQUISITES

SPFlash Tool
TWRP Recovery Image
A rooted Infinix Hot 2

NOTE: Download the version according to your Phone ROM version.

For Stock Google Rom, CLICK HERE.

For Infinix modified ROM, CLICK HERE.
Steps required

Extract the file you downloaded to an easily locatable place on your Laptop
Open SPFlash Tool
Load the scatter file from the file you extracted earlier
Select Download
Connect your phone to your laptop while switched off and you should see a green check mark
Disconnect your phone and remove the battery
Reinsert the battery and power on while holding the volume up button
Your Phone should now boot into TWRP
TWRP will ask you if you want to use it as read only. Uncheck the check mark
Reboot your device.

You now have a custom recovery running on your phone and you can back up, format, install zips etc just like with CWM. If you try to reboot into recovery next time and it boots into the stock recovery, then you have to delete a file from your root folder.

Using ES File Explorer, navigate to the root folder then select System and you should see a file named recovery-from-boot.p Delete this file and redo the process above. Your phone should boot into Recovery everytime.

SOURCE: http://www.androidtag.com/cwm-infinix-hot-2/

Re: CWM For Infinix Hot 2 by Oniyanguy(m): 8:52am On Jan 28, 2016
The links are not going, pls do sth

(1) (Reply)

XUI For INFINIX HOT 2 / The Wait Is Over- Apple Launches Iphone 8 (see Price & Specs) / Blackview S8 Specifications (all Screen )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.