Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum (1113 Views)

Moderators Needed For My Forum / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Using An Online Payment Gateway / Adsense Showing Blank Ads - Pin Confirmation problem - Pros please help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum by j3r3myk3n(m): 4:44am On Dec 18, 2015
Good day to the webmasters in here, may God bless our efforts, please can someone help me on how to improve my forum. And get good google seo coz am a kinda new to web designing. I need advices please here is my forum http://www.ogbongeforum.ml/index.php?action=forum my homepage may look unimpressing but thats why you are here to help me out. Please dont count this as a spam...Am counting on you for help.
Thanks
Re: Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
i have checked ur forum,and i ve observe some things,you need what to do to improve it right?if so,let me list some below.
1.ur forum is still new(it is new on d internet)and it will not attract any visitor without focusing on a niche u will frequently write on to create a good online existence.examples of niche topic am talking about is;blogging,entertainment,technology,health and many more.
note:you must choose a niche you know about,you have passion 4,and can write consistently on b4 pple will like to participate fully in ur forum like dat of nairaland.

2.create a fb page 4 ur forum.

3.promote ur forum.

4.write unique content on d niche u decide to choose.

5.be consistent;in updating ur forum,promoting it,sharing its contents e.t.c

6.set goals 4 ur forum.

7.submit ur forum 2 search engines,and also do perfect s.e.o.

8.make ur forum 2 b easily navigated 4 users and s.e.o
friendly.
i still've more 2 share,but time don't permit me,but u can as well search dis keywords/phrases on google 4 more;

1 Like

Re: Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum by BekBek(m): 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
I have to say the guy above said most of the things you need to do.

But to be honest, your forum does not look great on mobile.
If you are using a forum script, I advice you change it for a better one.

Or a better theme for the script you might be using. Or you can have someone develop a responsive forum script for you.

The most important thing about forum is your visitors, they are to feel in control, that way they will keep coming.

1 Like

Re: Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum by ps3o(m): 1:09am On Dec 19, 2015
j3r3myk3n:
Good day to the webmasters in here, may God bless our efforts, please can someone help me on how to improve my forum. And get good google seo coz am a kinda new to web designing. I need advices please here is my forum http://www.ogbongeforum.ml/index.php?action=forum my homepage may look unimpressing but thats why you are here to help me out. Please dont count this as a spam...Am counting on you for help.
Thanks
to improve your forum, consider the following:
1. the look with color presets
2. the responsiveness of site delivery on all devices
3. link building with other niches that have a close semblance to your site
4. promote using social platforms
5. advertise
6. if site adjustments or redevelopment seems cumbersome, hire a professional
7. repeat 2-6 until you're satisfied with the result

Best Regards,
Professional Developer
call/WhatsApp 07031175291

1 Like

Re: Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum by j3r3myk3n(m): 6:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
Thanks and God bless you guys for ur helps.....am gonna work on ur advice. I am really grateful for your supports.
Re: Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum by j3r3myk3n(m): 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tutors I have finally worked on that but the mobile view is not that pleasing tho.
Re: Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
1. Start by getting a .com domain name for yourself - important. Please don't doubt me on this!
2. Make your forum responsive or use other platforms that are responsive - Mybb has it's own mobile mod, eg http://techngr.com, if you have extra money and are serious to start a great forum, check out Xenforo - it worth all the pennies. Mine is http://sajforum.com (running on Xenforo).
3. Too many boards and child boards, start from a few and add others when the need arises.
4. Not much content, add content to the forum, people don't like websites with no content or inactive user base.
5. Advertise but only when you have something meaningful to show your visitors or they may end up disappointed and never visit again.
6. Hard-work - there is no substitute to this if you are to be successful with your forum.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum by j3r3myk3n(m): 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Thats another reasonable advice thanks...... Your forum looks so nice. Am gonna work on ur advice
Re: Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum by j3r3myk3n(m): 10:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
JN1:
1. Start by getting a .com domain name for yourself - important. Please don't doubt me on this!
2. Make your forum responsive or use other platforms that are responsive - Mybb has it's own mobile mod, eg http://techngr.com, if you have extra money and are serious to start a great forum, check out Xenforo - it worth all the pennies. Mine is http://sajforum.com (running on Xenforo).
3. Too many boards and child boards, start from a few and add others when the need arises.
4. Not much content, add content to the forum, people don't like websites with no content or inactive user base.
5. Advertise but only when you have something meaningful to show your visitors or they may end up disappointed and never visit again.
6. Hard-work - there is no substitute to this if you are to be successful with your forum.
Thanks.

Please how much is the cost of zenforo?
Re: Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 15, 2016
j3r3myk3n:

Please how much is the cost of zenforo?
About N25k but that was on July 2014, the price should be much higher now because of free fall of Naira to Dollar.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pros Please Help On How To Improve My Forum by afternysc(f): 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
PHPBB is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have been using it for 10 years. I recommend it.

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Popular Torrent Sites Of 2015 / Who's Interested In Starting An Online Radio Station With Mei Have An Online Rad / Freshly approved Nigerian And Ghana Adsense For Sale At A Fair Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.