Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Making Autorun Cd - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Making Autorun Cd (755 Views)

How To Delete Autorun.inf From Pen Drive / Creating Autorun Cds For Linux / Virus: Autorun Virus Terrorizing My School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Autorun Cd by dayorsumm: 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2009
Hi all,

Pls I need a clue on the software required, and how to make an autorun CD.

I got a testking CD from a friend and upon slotting it into my system,it automatically run by prompting me to install the software contained in the CD.The challenge now is that I downloaded some "ISO image files" that I want to burn to CD and want it to be autorun.How do I go 'bout this?

Pls I need U guys 2 come to my aid,
Re: Making Autorun Cd by jemi4real: 8:07pm On Jun 07, 2009
create a new note pad and type:

eg. i'm trying to install MSOFFICE which you have to click the setup.exe to start the installation,

open a new notepad and type;

[/i]open setup.exe
[i]
icon setup.exe

then save it with the name autorun.inf
and burn it together with your msoffice and thats how you do it with any setup
Re: Making Autorun Cd by Nobody: 2:51am On Jun 08, 2009
As in to create autorun cd, like the last poster said, open your notepad and type:
[autorun]
open=setup.exe
icon=setup.exe
then save it as autorun.inf and put it on the root of the cd.

If it is an iso image, first burn the iso to a disc, then add the autorun.inf to it.

Now if the setup you wish to run is inside win32folder/installer.exe then modify the code above to

[autorun]
open=win32folder/installer.exe
icon=win32folder/installer.exe

By the way, there is a lot of other advanced stuffs associated with the autorun.inf file which i will advice
you to check out on the web if necessary.
Re: Making Autorun Cd by dayorsumm: 6:52pm On Aug 20, 2012
Thanks to you guys, I really appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Atlast Multilinks Has A New Website / .. / Any Place To Buy Apple Parts In Kano?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.