Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

S.korean Presidential Hopeful Compares Nigerian Face To Coal Via Firstladynaija - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / S.korean Presidential Hopeful Compares Nigerian Face To Coal Via Firstladynaija (429 Views)

Nigerian Newpaper Headlines For 20/02/2016 Via Firstladynaija.com / Breaking News: Ritualist Den Discovered In Enugu Via Www.firstladynaija.com / Health Alert: Countries With Active Zika Virus Via Firstladynaija.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

S.korean Presidential Hopeful Compares Nigerian Face To Coal Via Firstladynaija by FirstLadyNaija(f): 7:38am On Dec 19, 2015
South Korean presidential frontrunner sorry for comparing the colour of a Nigerian student to that of coal Via http://firstladynaija..com.ng/2015/12/south-korean-presidential-frontrunner.html

CONSERVATIVE PARTY LEADER APOLOGISES AFTER JOKINGLY COMPARING THE COLOUR OF A NIGERIAN STUDENT TO THAT OF COAL.

Kim Moo-sung, the leader of the ruling conservative Saenuri Party and the leader in polling ahead of December 2017 elections, issued the apology in the face of public criticism over the gaffe.
“I failed to realize that showing friendliness this way could hurt someone’s feelings,” Kim wrote on his Facebook page on Friday. “I am really sorry and there is no excuse. I sincerely apologize from the bottom of my heart.”
He made the quip while delivering coal briquettes to the needy in Seoul alongside a group of foreign exchange students earlier on Friday.
The event was part of a charity program that drew around 40 students from 27 countries as well as 50 young members of the Saenuri Party.
“Your face color is the same as the briquettes’ color,” the 64-year-old said to a Nigerian student while laughing.
The student, Babalola Joshua Adekunle, said he did not take offense. “I don’t give any special meaning to it,” Adekunle told local news outlet Focus News. “He said it jokingly. He was laughing. Personally I’m a black man. … It’s nothing that I am ashamed of.”
Asked whether he thought Kim should apologize to him, Adekunle replied in Korean: “Guenchanayo” (“No problem”).
Re: S.korean Presidential Hopeful Compares Nigerian Face To Coal Via Firstladynaija by Khd95(m): 7:44am On Dec 19, 2015
Display of Maturity at it peak
Re: S.korean Presidential Hopeful Compares Nigerian Face To Coal Via Firstladynaija by FirstLadyNaija(f): 8:09am On Dec 19, 2015
Yes, that is True. Display of maturity.

(1) (Reply)

Random Facts Of Life / FG Targets 13000MW Solar Electricity- Amina Mohammed / A Freight Train Leading With 200,000 Litres Derails In Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.