Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,149 members, 7,863,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:05 AM

Lionel Messi Reveals The Football Legend That Inspired Him To Play Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Reveals The Football Legend That Inspired Him To Play Football (545 Views)

Leonel Messi Reveals What They Did To Win Nigeria Yesterday / Lionel Messi Reveals Why He Didn’t Watch Champions League Final / See Photo Of The Survivors Of The Football Viewing Center Tragedy In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Reveals The Football Legend That Inspired Him To Play Football by DJBIGGY(m): 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2015
Barcelona’s Lionel Messi is widely regarded as one of the greatest players ever to play the game, and he has revealed the legend he watched growing up.

In an interview with Gente, the 28-year old Argentina captain revealed that fellow Argentine legend Diego Maradona was his earliest inspiration.

“I never followed anyone in particular, although when I started to think for myself Diego [Maradona] had recently returned home,” Messi said. “That was in 1993.
“He joined Newell’s Old Boys when he came back from Spain and was part of the national team that qualified for USA ’94. If anybody inspired me starting out, it was undoubtedly him.”

The 4-time Ballon D’Or winner said that though he loved success and the game, he wasn’t obsessed by it.
“I always enjoy playing football. It’s what I love doing most and I’ll keep playing as long as I can,” he continued.

“I dream [about football], but I don’t become obsessed by it. There’s more to my life than football.

“I try to deal with it by being as normal as I can. I go out, enjoy life and spend time with my family and friends just like everybody else.

“Just like there are great professionals who save lives and create things so we can live better, I play football so that others can be entertained.

http://www.olamzy.com/2015/12/lionel-messi-reveals-football-legend.html

(1) (Reply)

David Beckham’s Latest Splurge / Have You Been Experiancing This In Your Area? / Things You Probably Didn't Know Or Forgot About Sunday Oliseh Read More At Http:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.