Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. (10873 Views)

Solve All Your Educational Problems Here With Us / On Lautech Strike, A Student Posted This And Got Evry1cracking Their Ribs (pics) / NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by luxanne(f): 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
adeaks:

I can't see any mail in my inbox.

I must say you are doing a wonderful work with this debate.

If we complain about the mindless inanities dominating Nairaland, then intellectual pursuits like this should also be greatly applauded.

I know it can't be easy, but kudos to you and the team.

Your NL mail? Let me re-send then.

And thank you for the kudos, you did great too smiley
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
luxanne:
Thank you my abled Judges for your analysis, I believe the debaters are taking notes.

cc:
Ask4bigneyo
Freemanan

1 Share

Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by luxanne(f): 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
[size=14pt]RESULTS COMING UP.[/size]
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2015
Grading Sent. Cc: Luxanne, Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by luxanne(f): 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
Judge 1 results:

TEAM OAU

OAUTemitayo:

i. Presentation (opening, flow, closing,response to judges questions, audience questions and contestants rebuttals) = 3
ii. Logic of arguments = 2
iii. Strength of facts, examples, cases =4
iv. Persuasiveness =5
v. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject =5

Total= 19

EMACULATE99:

i. Presentation (opening, flow, closing, response to judges questions, audience questions and contestants rebuttals) =3
ii. Logic of arguments =2
iii. Strength of facts, examples, cases. =4
iv. Persuasiveness =4
v. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject =2.5

Total= 15.5

TEAM UNIBEN

MOSQUITOLAPS:

i. Presentation (opening, flow, closing, response to judges questions, audience questions and contestants rebuttals) =3
ii. Logic of arguments =4
iv. Persuasiveness =3
v. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject =3

Total=17

TEAM LAUTECH

PENPLAYER:

iv. Persuasiveness =3

Total=15.

TOTAL SCORES:

OAU - 34.5
UNIBEN - 17
LAUTECH - 15

Congratulations guys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by luxanne(f): 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:
Grading Sent.
Cc: Luxanne, Fynestboi
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by luxanne(f): 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
Judge 2 results:

TEAM OAU

OAUTemitayo:

PRESENTATION-4
LOGIC OF ARGUMENT-4
STRENGTH OF FACT, EXAMPLE, CASES-4
PERSUASIVENESS-4
DEMONSTRATION OF KNOWLEDGE-4

TOTAL= 20

EMACULATE99:

PRESENTATION-4
LOGIC OF ARGUMENT-4
PERSUASIVENESS-3

TOTAL= 19.5

TEAM UNIBEN

MOSQUITOLAPS:

PRESENTATION-2
LOGIC OF ARGUMENT-3
STRENGTH OF FACT, EXAMPLE, CASES-3
PERSUASIVENESS-3
DEMONSTRATION OF KNOWLEDGE-3

TOTAL=14

TEAM LAUTECH

PENPLAYER:

PRESENTATION-3
LOGIC OF ARGUMENT-4
PERSUASIVENESS-3

TOTAL=18.

TOTAL SCORES:

OAU - 39.5
UNIBEN - 14
LAUTECH - 18

Congratulations guys…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by luxanne(f): 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
GRAND TOTAL SCORES:

Do bear in mind that UNIBEN AND LAUTECH had just one representative.

[size=14pt]OAU - 74
UNIBEN - 31
LAUTECH - 33

[/size]

Thank you all for your co-operation. I'll be seeing you all next time.

Shalom!

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by HerexG(m): 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
Well done guys, this program is worthy of emulation, wish you guys have sponsors and support but it's unfortunate that Nigerians are carried away by the rave of the moment "Entertainment "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by emaculate99: 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
luxanne:
Judge 2 results:
TEAM OAU
OAUTemitayo:
PRESENTATION-4 LOGIC OF ARGUMENT-4 STRENGTH OF FACT, EXAMPLE, CASES-4 PERSUASIVENESS-4 DEMONSTRATION OF KNOWLEDGE-4
TOTAL= 20
EMMASCULATE99:
PRESENTATION-4 LOGIC OF ARGUMENT-4 STRENGTH OF FACT, EXAMPLE, CASES-4 PERSUASIVENESS-3 DEMONSTRATION OF KNOWLEDGE-4
TOTAL= 19.5

TEAM UNIBEN
MOSQUITOLAPS:
PRESENTATION-2 LOGIC OF ARGUMENT-3 STRENGTH OF FACT, EXAMPLE, CASES-3 PERSUASIVENESS-3 DEMONSTRATION OF KNOWLEDGE-3
TOTAL=14

TEAM LAUTECH
PENPLAYER:
PRESENTATION-3 LOGIC OF ARGUMENT-4 STRENGTH OF FACT, EXAMPLE, CASES-4 PERSUASIVENESS-3 DEMONSTRATION OF KNOWLEDGE-4
TOTAL=18.

TOTAL SCORES:
OAU - 39.5 UNIBEN - 14 LAUTECH - 18

Congratulations guys…
Emaculate ma
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by luxanne(f): 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
emaculate99:
Emaculate ma

Apologies dear, modified smiley
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
luxanne:
GRAND TOTAL SCORES:
[size=14pt]OAU - 74 UNIBEN - 31 LAUTECH - 33 [/size]

Shalom!
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
luxanne:
GRAND TOTAL SCORES:
[size=14pt]OAU - 74 UNIBEN - 31 LAUTECH - 33 [/size]

Shalom!
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by Fynestboi: 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
OAU 1ST

LAUTECH 2ND

UNIBEN 3RD

4th school disqualify.... .
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by penplayer: 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:
835 Words.
Well well well.... I really commend your write-ups but you can buttress your points in order to boost your grading. Work more on your vocabulary, comma, some words that you need to start with capital letters etc...

It's alright. Thanks
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by penplayer: 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
Freemanan:
MOSQUITOLAPS
Ensure you give full meaning to acronyms next time... "signing of MOU".... Dont assume your audience knows it all...

OAUTemitayo....
You did well Mate... Very well. You will definitely go far if you oil your logic more. Its kinda rusty a bit and intelligent opposition will feast on that...

EMASCULATE99.
ENSURE PUNCTUALITY MATE... and please ensure you make more research on your future topics so as to have a fluent knowledge of it.

PENPLAYER.
Improve your diction sir. Arguments should be done with sophisticated and twisting languages... Your logic was superb...

BRAVO ALL... BRAVO

Seriously? Sophisticated and twisting languages? No. No my style. I'm sorry. But I get your point.
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by MosquitoLaps(m): 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
luxanne:
Judge 1 results:

TEAM OAU

OAUTemitayo:

i. Presentation (opening, flow, closing,response to judges questions, audience questions and contestants rebuttals) = 3
ii. Logic of arguments = 2
iv. Persuasiveness =5
v. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject =5

Total= 19

EMACULATE99:

iv. Persuasiveness =4
v. Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of the subject =2.5

Total= 15.5

TEAM UNIBEN

MOSQUITOLAPS:

ii. Logic of arguments =4
iv. Persuasiveness =3

Total=17

TEAM LAUTECH

PENPLAYER:

iv. Persuasiveness =3

Total=15.

TOTAL SCORES:

OAU - 34.5
UNIBEN - 17
LAUTECH - 15

Congratulations guys.

what does this mean, my lady?
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by Fynestboi: 11:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
Fynestboi:
[size=15pt]To join the munificent in ensuring the participant instigation please kindly mail.. nairalandinterschooldebate@gmail.com.. [/size]

Simply put we need sponsors for THE DEBATE... THANKS..
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by luxanne(f): 8:34am On Dec 29, 2015
MosquitoLaps:

what does this mean, my lady?

We shall all find out after the first stage of the competition is through, just keep following.

Good morning smiley
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by MosquitoLaps(m): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2015
luxanne:

We shall all find out after the first stage of the competition is through, just keep following.

Good morning smiley
Roger that, ma'am

1 Like

Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by Carlson001(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2015
luxanne:

Good morning smiley
But there's still hope for Uniben?
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by luxanne(f): 11:41am On Dec 29, 2015
Carlson001:

But there's still hope for Uniben?

Hopefully.

Fynestboi will brief all after completion of all team grouped in the first stage.
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by internetpo(m): 2:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
nice idea. love this. when is the next round pls. following.
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by akigbemaru: 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2017
NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems.
Re: NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. by betaessays: 8:59am On Oct 11, 2017
Strike is a situation where workers refuse to work as a protest or labour revolt, walkaway from duty post. In this our great nation strikes have a great impact in our economy. This impact of strike is uncountable and the major reason our great nation, the world third oil producing country fall under undeveloped in world ranking of development. As a layman define strike as to hit something hard or with force to fall.
http://articlesng.com/nigeria-economy-effects-strike-nigerian-economy/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASU Gets NUC Full Accreditation For 31 Courses / A.b.u. Zaria 2008/2009 Session Admission List Out ! / Unilorin Postgraduate School Admission 2014/2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.