Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry (2400 Views)

Eunice And Her Group Are Killing Again It With Their Dope Single / Producers Drop Download Links To The Song You Produced Here / Music Producers & Studio Owners Drop Your Contact For Business Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 20, 2015
Do you know why most of you are yet to blow cuz you are not willing to invest in your music which means you are not confident in your craft. I'm a music producer sound is not childs my rates are RELATIVELY expensive just so I can filter out the serious one who deserve my sound... I'm not even tryna sell on NL if you want to contact me PM me. This msg goes to artiste nd fellow producers doing cheap work that's not industry standard.... Thank you. Do you know why most of you are yet to blow cuz you are not willing to invest in your music which means you are not confident in your craft. I'm a music producer sound is not childish play my rates are RELATIVELY expensive just so I can filter out the serious one who deserve my sound... I'm not even tryna sell on NL if you want to contact me PM me. This msg goes to artiste nd fellow producers doing cheap work that's not industry standard.... Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by ChynoBEATS: 3:12am On Dec 25, 2015
Dude are your Fingers Equal?

1 Like

Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 26, 2015
ChynoBEATS:
Dude are your Fingers Equal?
Chyno, he's right. I've been to studios where songs are produced for 3,000. angry
Seriously, it's appalling.
If you don't invest, you won't receive.
Do the math... An artist comes to make a song and you charge him/her 5k, 10k, 20k, even 50k..
Then he spends 500,000 shooting a music video, 200,000 for little promo...
If you don't make it stop, you're going nowhere.
Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by ChynoBEATS: 2:57am On Dec 26, 2015
MrProducer:

Chyno, he's right. I've been to studios where songs are produced for 3,000. angry
Seriously, it's appalling.
If you don't invest, you won't receive.
Do the math... An artist comes to make a song and you charge him/her 5k, 10k, 20k, even 50k..
Then he spends 500,000 shooting a music video, 200,000 for little promo... grin grin. Loool.
Imagine the nonsense. I don't work that way biko hehehehe
I fully understand your point , music producers are are highly underpaid without hope of getting royalties atol...........

But I am more concerned about this
itsjustclassi:
This msg goes to artiste nd fellow producers doing cheap work that's not industry standard....

1)The nigerian Music industry Doesnt have standard

2) All producers arent Equal , why? Simply cos we've got tooo many wAys of setting up a studio
You cant compare the rate I'd charge an artiste if I've got a studio "with Equipments" worth over a Million plus ,same goes to those whose setup's are just under the 150-200k budget.

3) You cant really blame them "music producers"
SummaDem dont know the i/O's of Music producing nor Sound-Engineering, some are starters, some are Hustlers who's got a Family to Feed, while some are just there to fill up the gap for some upComing act.

4) Many Dont know the Value of What they've got "why would they" when we've got crack softwares available Everywhere and very cheap as-if its paracetamol

1 Like

Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 26, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

I fully understand your point , music producers are are highly underpaid without hope of getting royalties atol...........

But I am more concerned about this

1)The nigerian Music industry Doesnt have standard

2) All producers arent Equal , why? Simply cos we've got tooo many wAys of setting up a studio
You cant compare the rate I'd charge an artiste if I've got a studio "with Equipments" worth over a Million plus ,same goes to those whose setup's are just under the 150-200k budget.

3) You cant really blame them "music producers"
SummaDem dont know the i/O's of Music producing nor Sound-Engineering, some are starters, some are Hustlers who's got a Family to Feed, while some are just there to fill up the gap for some upComing act.

4) Many Dont know the Value of What they've got "why would they" when we've got crack softwares available Everywhere and very cheap as-if its paracetamol

I'd like to understand something. When people say industry standard. I'm just asking because there are a lot of A-artists in the industry that still make wack music. And it's still rated industry standard. Someone should break it down please.

Also, the problem is with our producers majorly. Because if you really understand your work and all it entails, things won't be bad. 80% of music producers, sorry, beatmakers don't know basic music theory nor can play one or more musical instruments. No idea about being a music producer. They are just about the money, no matter the amount.
That's just the ish there.
Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by ChynoBEATS: 10:44am On Dec 26, 2015
MrProducer:

I'd like to understand something. When people say industry standard. I'm just asking because there are a lot of A-artists in the industry that still make wack music. And it's still rated industry standard. Someone should break it down please.

Thats why I.M.O.O the NMI has no standard

MrProducer:

They are just about the money, no matter the amount.

cheesy well thats normal , afterall we all need the money lolz.
Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

Thats why I.M.O.O the NMI has no standard

cheesy well thats normal , afterall we all need the money lolz.

We all have different perspectives. I'm not about the money, but it's necessary.
That's why i cannot choose to make something that's low quality for few bucks.
Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by tammyy2k1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
Since the advent of Fruity Loops many hustlers think they are producers. Tell them to rewire and you will filter the fakes from the real.
Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by ChynoBEATS: 6:25am On Nov 17, 2016
tammyy2k1:
Since the advent of Fruity Loops many hustlers think they are producers.

FL studio aint the problem , the sellers R, when they made such a DaW so cheap cos they got it for less ,what do u expect?

You tlk as-if FL aint worth it , tell me what other Daws can do that FL can't do?

Have you seen Studio One by Presonus? Its way easy to use than FL studio

But can you get it for the same funny price?

Have u Heard of Orion.v8 by Synapse Audio?

Its 2x easier than Both DAWS

But can you get it for the same funny price too?

Simply because G circle cheap no mean say E no dey work

Abi u forget say G circle condom common pass Durex 4 ashewo place ?

U don ever wonder why peeps settle for 50 naira condom instead of 700 naira durex.?

It's not image-lines Fault, its the Hackers that Enables such free access to Crack£d softwares that are to be blamed Even ur Government too dey @ fault......... An original FL studio now is way above 140k..($299 x 450) in nigeria.... Hw many producers fit buy am?
When ur government spoil life sote the exchange rate con hook some people weytin u expect......

Some peeps gats eat... So promo gats dey so belle go full....

N dude if not for the cheap FL software ... SAR'z ,tekno , coublon , masterKraft , Maleek berry , legendurybeatz , Fliptyce n even Ksolo wouldn't be known by now..... Cos they wouldn't hv been able to afford it when dey were starting up.......

e sure me say don jazzy sef gan use hacked software when e start

Ok we dey Complain ..... Nobi free cheap O.s our system dey use?

.... Shey b4 u reach this level u fit buy original win7 ? ..
Nor the other Softwares wey dem guys load on top...... ? ...

Ehen ......
Waves bundle goes for $3500 n above ( 1m 5h 75k+) but u'd get one for the regular @ the usual...

How many peeps here can buy it for 20k sef not to talk of 1M ......afterall dem go say na just fx plugin.....

Not to tlk of the hypersonics ,purity ,vanguards nexus n co we get for such price....

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee stop hating on image-line....

Blame ur government , Ur lazy industry heads (leaders)
Ur lazy copyright association , Ur lazy label owners n Ur lazy bunch of producers that don't even understand the rudiments of music not to talk of the art of mixing and mastering ....

And artistes sef wey no get idea of being a musician sef wan blow ... Hw e tke be imageLine problem?

Ok how many artiste (both the known n upcoming ones) dey rehearse?

Which producer fit giv dem dat chance?
For how much sef? ........ Now wey everybody eye dey chuk....

How many studios 4 dis country fit create such platform to train their clients? ....

G'iyaz come o... Oya come tell us when u rehearse last

Oya wey Limerick n tobe , even airforce1 n synord n sinaj oops sorry I mean kylez n jeyrezz ... cheesy :]

tammyy2k1:
Tell them to rewire and you will filter the fakes from the real.

Ehm

Is REWIRE really that USEful ?

These days How many producers Use the Rewire Function when every DAW has all it takes to produce a song?

Have use used Reason 7 ?...... Nor reaper 5 or motu digtal performer , abi na ableton nor Dubturb 3

Not to talk of ProTools .. Every Daw can work perfectly as a standalone software.....

So don't blame FL ...... Blame the standard of living in ur country.... Cos it has so deteriorated to the point dat many of us need to source for the best option in order to settle for the less.........

Thanks for Reading......

3 Likes

Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2016
ChynoBEATS:

FL studio aint the problem , the sellers R, when they made such a DaW so cheap cos they got it for less ,what do u expect?

You tlk as-if FL aint worth it , tell me what other Daws can do that FL can't do?

Have you seen Studio One by Presonus? Its way easy to use than FL studio

But can you get it for the same funny price?

Have u Heard of Orion.v8 by Synapse Audio?

Its 2x easier than Both DAWS

But can you get it for the same funny price too?

Simply because G circle cheap no mean say E no dey work

Abi u forget say G circle condom common pass Durex 4 ashewo place ?

U don ever wonder why peeps settle for 50 naira condom instead of 700 naira durex.?

It's not image-lines Fault, its the Hackers that Enables such free access to Crack£d softwares that are to be blamed Even ur Government too dey @ fault......... An original FL studio now is way above 140k..($299 x 450) in nigeria.... Hw many producers fit buy am?
When ur government spoil life sote the exchange rate con hook some people weytin u expect......

Some peeps gats eat... So promo gats dey so belle go full....

N dude if not for the cheap FL software ... SAR'z ,tekno , coublon , masterKraft , Maleek berry , legendurybeatz , Fliptyce n even Ksolo wouldn't be known by now..... Cos they wouldn't hv been able to afford it when dey were starting up.......

e sure me say don jazzy sef gan use hacked software when e start

Ok we dey Complain ..... Nobi free cheap O.s our system dey use?

.... Shey b4 u reach this level u fit buy original win7 ? ..
Nor the other Softwares wey dem guys load on top...... ? ...

Ehen ......
Waves bundle goes for $3500 n above ( 1m 5h 75k+) but u'd get one for the regular @ the usual...

How many peeps here can buy it for 20k sef not to talk of 1M ......afterall dem go say na just fx plugin.....

Not to tlk of the hypersonics ,purity ,vanguards nexus n co we get for such price....

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee stop hating on image-line....

Blame ur government , Ur lazy industry heads (leaders)
Ur lazy copyright association , Ur lazy label owners n Ur lazy bunch of producers that don't even understand the rudiments of music not to talk of the art of mixing and mastering ....

And artistes sef wey no get idea of being a musician sef wan blow ... Hw e tke be imageLine problem?

Ok how many artiste (both the known n upcoming ones) dey rehearse?

Which producer fit giv dem dat chance?
For how much sef? ........ Now wey everybody eye dey chuk....

How many studios 4 dis country fit create such platform to train their clients? ....

G'iyaz come o... Oya come tell us when u rehearse last

Oya wey Limerick n tobe , even airforce1 n synord n sinaj oops sorry I mean kylez n jeyrezz ... cheesy :]

Ehm

Is REWIRE really that USEful ?

These days How many producers Use the Rewire Function when every DAW has all it takes to produce a song?

Have use used Reason 7 ?...... Nor reaper 5 or motu digtal performer , abi na ableton nor Dubturb 3

Not to talk of ProTools .. Every Daw can work perfectly as a standalone software.....

So don't blame FL ...... Blame the standard of living in ur country.... Cos it has so deteriorated to the point dat many of us need to source for the best option in order to settle for the less.........

Thanks for Reading......

Best DAW of 2016. Image line's Fl studio.
Don't waste your time on people who say crap about fl studio.
They think making music is just layering a bunch of samples in the step sequencer.
Smh

1 Like

Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by mickeyrova(m): 6:52am On Dec 01, 2016
I am looking for a good producer to produce my songs... as well as a sponsor.
My style of music is probably new to the industry.
Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
mickeyrova:
I am looking for a good producer to produce my songs... as well as a sponsor.
My style of music is probably new to the industry.
What genre of music do you do?
Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by mickeyrova(m): 7:42am On Dec 08, 2016
Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by mickeyrova(m): 7:43am On Dec 08, 2016
Polyphony:

What genre of music do you do?
My style of music includes :
-Pop
-Afro-pop
--Afro-indie pop
-Rnb
-Hip hop
-Indie pop
-Rap
-A little bit of pop-rock.

I usually use a distinct mix of Afro-indie pop, afro pop, pop and Rnb to create soothing songs that cuts across all cultures that everyone young and old, can easily relate to, dance to and talk about in their pass times.
Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 08, 2016
mickeyrova:

My style of music includes :
-Pop
-Afro-pop
--Afro-indie pop
-Rnb
-Hip hop
-Indie pop
-Rap
-A little bit of pop-rock.

I usually use a distinct mix of Afro-indie pop, afro pop, pop and Rnb to create soothing songs that cuts across all cultures that everyone young and old, can easily relate to, dance to and talk about in their pass times.
Cool. Send me a mail so that i can listen to some of your demos
Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by DonEmmycom(m): 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
Do You Want To Promote Your Musics On Website So People Can Download And Listen To Them Worldwide?
Yes! You Can At www.don-emmy.com, Music Artiste And Its Just 5000naira Per Track and with over 200000traffic assuring you of 5000downloads to avoid scammers call us 09052955325...
[email]Adeyemie90@yahoo.com[/email]

Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by mickeyrova(m): 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2016
Polyphony:

Cool. Send me a mail so that i can listen to some of your demos
You didn't add any email bro
Re: Cheap Artistes And Producers Are Killing Our Industry by brownies241(m): 2:49am On Dec 14, 2016
Hi new guy ere. I love music, good music. i always did since i was young & I love this country but also I am not proud of our entertainment industry especially the Artistes. Some years back I decided to learn how to make music, I'm still learning. I believe earth is a giant school, though I never took one really seriously. Anyhow I'm a producer and I just make beats for now. They are mainly rap/hiphop. It is a bit different from the Nigerian sounds. Music is an Art and as an Art you don't force it. It comes from within, From the Core. I believe everything is gradually changing & If you listen to my sounds I'm sure you will come to the same conclusion. I make use of Fl studio 12. Feel free to make contact josemariadalu371@gmail.com Thank y'all

(1) (Reply)

USB Audio Interface / Sell Your Music Directly To Mobile Phone Users / Massive Discount For You EP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.