Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Urgent Help Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent Help Needed (623 Views)

Urgent Help Needed Toyota Corolla 03 / URGENT Help Needed - Recommend A Reliable FORD EDGE 2008 Mechanic / CAR PLATE NUMBER, A PRETTY EX-WIFE NEED URGENT HELP.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed by Ocfreedom(m): 10:54am On Dec 20, 2015
Pls I need advice. I have Toyota Avensis 2007 model. Two days ago I experienced some malfunction in the vehicle. First I noticed that the fan is not working but the vehicle can start and that the sign P/S is showing on the dashboard. Secondly the steering is strong and cannot turn. Later in the afternoon, I tried it again and I notice that its working well again. Yesterday in the morning I tried it and discovered that the problem have started again and later it stopped. This morning same problem was there again. pls I need to know what to do and the cause.
Re: Urgent Help Needed by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 20, 2015
Your car has EPS (Electric Power Steering). Low battery voltage can trigger faults, and cause the warning lamp to be illuminated. So can other factors.

Did your fan malfunction occur at the same time as your steering issues, or both faults occurred at separate times?

Lastly, your car is OBD II compliant, so get it scanned, at least the DTC's will narrow down the faults.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Urgent Help Needed by mayor2013: 11:04am On Dec 20, 2015
Ocfreedom:
Pls I need advice. I have Toyota Avensis 2007 model. Two days ago I experienced some malfunction in the vehicle. First I noticed that the fan is not working but the vehicle can start and that the sign P/S is showing on the dashboard. Secondly the steering is strong and cannot turn. Later in the afternoon, I tried it again and I notice that its working well again. Yesterday in the morning I tried it and discovered that the problem have started again and later it stopped. This morning same problem was there again. pls I need to know what to do and the cause.

Low battery voltage can cause that. Your car uses an electronic power steering which is different from the mechanical type which uses fluid for lubrication. Do you have a good battery. Run a scan on your car. DTCs would be pulled out. If you are in lagos and you need a fix call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bb pin is 7BE1C522
Re: Urgent Help Needed by Ocfreedom(m): 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
The issue happened same time. Once the fan start the steering will be free and the sign in the dashboard will go. I tried it again now and the car is working perfectly again. what I discovered is that the issue only occur in the morning when the engine is cold and once sun heat it, it start working fine.
Re: Urgent Help Needed by mayor2013: 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ocfreedom:
The issue happened same time. Once the fan start the steering will be free and the sign in the dashboard will go. I tried it again now and the car is working perfectly again. what I discovered is that the issue only occur in the morning when the engine is cold and once sun heat it, it start working fine.

Seems like your battery voltage is low. Check power source first then run a scan

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Range Of Tokunbo 2003 Toyota Corrola / Can You Use Window Tint To Smoke Tail Lights? / Security Alert!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.