Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

ABS Light On 1997 Odyssey - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ABS Light On 1997 Odyssey (819 Views)

Use Foxwell NT510 Tested On 1997/89 VW(costomer review) / What's The Meaning Of The ABS Light On The Dashboard. / ABS Light Doesn't Come Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABS Light On 1997 Odyssey by tutuwater(m): 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
Please my mother's 1997 Honda Odyssey Is showing ABS on the dashboard and she is asking me what it means. It still drives normal. There is only slight delay in braking. Please advise on what to do. And how dangerous for car and owner that Light is. Thanks in advance.

Cc: Gazzuzz and the other big bosses
Re: ABS Light On 1997 Odyssey by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2015
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-lock_braking_system

An anti-lock braking system (ABS) is an automobile safety system that allows the wheels on a motor vehicle to maintain tractive contact with the road surface according to driver inputs while braking, preventing the wheels from locking up (ceasing rotation) and avoiding uncontrolled skidding. It is an automated system that uses the principles of threshold braking and cadence braking which were practiced by skillful drivers with previous generation braking systems. It does this at a much faster rate and with better control than a driver could manage.

ABS generally offers improved vehicle control and decreases stopping distances on dry and slippery surfaces; however, on loose gravel or snow-covered surfaces, ABS can significantly increase braking distance, although still improving vehicle control.[1][2][3]
Re: ABS Light On 1997 Odyssey by mayor2013: 6:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
tutuwater:
Please my mother's 1997 Honda Odyssey Is showing ABS on the dashboard and she is asking me what it means. It still drives normal. There is only slight delay in braking. Please advise on what to do. And how dangerous for car and owner that Light is. Thanks in advance.

Abs means antilock braking system which prevents your car from skidding when the brakes of your car are fully activated. If you have that light on advice you run a scan since your car is obd2 complaint so as to pull out DTCs. One of d reason for your slight delay in braking
Re: ABS Light On 1997 Odyssey by tutuwater(m): 2:15am On Dec 21, 2015
Thanks. But what should I tell her to do.
Re: ABS Light On 1997 Odyssey by mayor2013: 6:50am On Dec 21, 2015
tutuwater:
Thanks. But what should I tell her to do.

Tell her to run a scan. If she needs help in running a scan and fixing the problem and she is in lagos. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bbpin is 7BE1C522
Re: ABS Light On 1997 Odyssey by honmusa(m): 6:59am On Dec 21, 2015
tutuwater:

Slight delay in braking issue and ABS issue are totally different cases.
scan the car to diagnose the abs issue and afterward you can take it to a competent mechanic to see why there is delay in braking probably the brakes need bleeding to remove air the the brake fluids or there is leak in the system.
Re: ABS Light On 1997 Odyssey by tutuwater(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
OK. She will go and run a scan.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: A Car That Drives Sideways Like A Crab / Unbelievable Accident Victim Takes Selfie. On Spot After Accident / A Quick Peep Into The New Luxury Bentley Continental GT Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.