Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" (937 Views)

Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas / Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" by BeazyBee(m): 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
I recently observed It so obvious that 70% of the whole world are celebrating what we called "CHRISTMAS" of which we know it's a day set aside to celebrate the death and ressurection of our Lord Jesus Christ. But to look at it deeply, are many in christ, as the of 2 cor. 5:17 says "if any man is in christ is a new man, old things will pass away all things will become new" are we a friend of Jesus Christ or is it that we just want to eat the rice and chicken of His birthday.
Taking a clear example, we don't go to the birthday of a someone we don't know except we are invited by your friend who is an intimate friend to the celebrant, but I trust me, you are only going there to eat rice and chicken. It is only the friends of the celebrant that will be given gifts. That is how it is to Jesus, there are some that are celebrating the birthday of Jesus Christ by just eating rice and chicken alone and some will eat and be given gift, who are those that will be given gift, they are only the friend of Jesus Christ (Proverb 14:28).
Do not think he is giving you the wordly gift, he his going to give you a devine gift from heaven, a gift someone had never received, a gift that will surprsie the whole world (John 15:13-20) Why don't you join the friends of Jesus today so that you can benefit from him on friday. The bible say man shall not be by bread alone but by the word that comes out of the mouth of God, so this means don't be an eater of rice and chicken, partner and invesst with Jesus today and you will see a turn around in your life.
He still need more friends and that friend is you, he is waiting for you to surrender yourself so that you can be counted. Are you ready to be his friend?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" by emmyfresh200: 11:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
Pls come again, i don't understand you.
Re: A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" by PastorOluT(m): 7:31am On Dec 21, 2015
[quote author=BeazyBee post=41185226][/quote]

God blesss u, nice post
Re: A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" by marykaydee: 7:46am On Dec 21, 2015
BeazyBee:
I recently observed It so obvious that 70% of the whole world are celebrating what we called "CHRISTMAS" of which we know it's a day set aside to celebrate the death and ressurection of our Lord Jesus Christ. But to look at it deeply, are many in christ, as the of 2 cor. 5:17 says "if any man is in christ is a new man, old things will pass away all things will become new" are we a friend of Jesus Christ or is it that we just want to eat the rice and chicken of His birthday.
Taking a clear example, we don't go to the birthday of a someone we don't know except we are invited by your friend who is an intimate friend to the celebrant, but I trust me, you are only going there to eat rice and chicken. It is only the friends of the celebrant that will be given gifts. That is how it is to Jesus, there are some that are celebrating the birthday of Jesus Christ by just eating rice and chicken alone and some will eat and be given gift, who are those that will be given gift, they are only the friend of Jesus Christ (Proverb 14:28).
Do not think he is giving you the wordly gift, he his going to give you a devine gift from heaven, a gift someone had never received, a gift that will surprsie the whole world (John 15:13-20) Why don't you join the friends of Jesus today so that you can benefit from him on friday. The bible say man shall not be by bread alone but by the word that comes out of the mouth of God, so this means don't be an eater of rice and chicken, partner and invesst with Jesus today and you will see a turn around in your life.
He still need more friends and that friend is you, he is waiting for you to surrender yourself so that you can be counted. Are you ready to be his friend?

Chrismas is not a celebration of the death and resurrection (easter) its a celebration of the nativity of Jesus christ.(birth)
Re: A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" by PastorOluT(m): 8:05am On Dec 21, 2015
marykaydee:

Chrismas is not a celebration of the death and resurrection (easter) its a celebration of the nativity of Jesus christ.(birth)

Is that the import of d message? Little wonder we have so much problem in d Christendom, majoring on d minor while minoring on d major.
Re: A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" by marykaydee: 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
PastorOluT:

Is that the import of d message? Little wonder we have so much problem in d Christendom, majoring on d minor while minoring on d major.

I dont have any problem with the post. It was just a correction/observation. When posting ,its
important to give correct representation cos you dont know who is learning. As a christian,i thought i was aiding a brother. Guess it's wrong to make correction on Nairaland.hmmmm .pastor undecided
Re: A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" by PastorOluT(m): 10:23am On Dec 22, 2015
marykaydee:

I dont have any problem with the post. It was just a correction/observation. When posting ,its
important to give correct representation cos you dont know who is learning. As a christian,i thought i was aiding a brother. Guess it's wrong to make correction on Nairaland.hmmmm .pastor undecided

No offence, u are permitted to correct or criticise a bro in love bt when in correction or criticism d attention is taken away from the import of the msg, then its wrong.

U never said anything about d whole msg, which if u have said something then bring his attention to the error it will do well.

It is well my sister, continue in grace.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" by marykaydee: 11:08am On Dec 22, 2015
PastorOluT:

No offence, u are permitted to correct or criticise a bro in love bt when in correction or criticism d attention is taken away from the import of the msg, then its wrong.

U never said anything about d whole msg, which if u have said something then bring his attention to the error it will do well.

It is well my sister, continue in grace.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

There is a difference btw correction and criticism. What is wrong if i tell you that you made an error. I have been corrected several times but i dnt take it the wrong way. Weather or not the person contributed to the topic or not. I thank the person and to me a correction is a contribution. Cos God knows how many would have been misinformed by just an error that the writer probably made. I think nairalanders are use to argueing so much that they no longer know the difference btw criticism and correction. Unless, ofcourse, he feel shis article is correct. Then i would appologise to the writer. But he hasn't. Peace
.✌
Re: A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" by PastorOluT(m): 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
marykaydee:

There is a difference btw correction and criticism. What is wrong if i tell you that you made an error. I have been corrected several times but i dnt take it the wrong way. Weather or not the person contributed to the topic or not. I thank the person and to me a correction is a contribution. Cos God knows how many would have been misinformed by just an error that the writer probably made. I think nairalanders are use to argueing so much that they no longer know the difference btw criticism and correction. Unless, ofcourse, he feel shis article is correct. Then i would appologise to the writer. But he hasn't. Peace
.✌

Misinformed? So all the op put there was an error or just Christmas being the celebration of the birth of Jesus alone?

No one is misinformed cos everyone is aware of the fact, and all the remaining part is a blessing to people with open mind. Anyways my point is not to divert others attention from the import of the message, because to simply put, no one is supposed to celebrate Christmas if there aren't saved because the essence of Christ coming will be defeated.

Stay blessed
Re: A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" by marykaydee: 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
PastorOluT:

Misinformed? So all the op put there was an error or just Christmas being the celebration of the birth of Jesus alone?

No one is misinformed cos everyone is aware of the fact, and all the remaining part is a blessing to people with open mind. Anyways my point is not to divert others attention from the import of the message, because to simply put, no one is supposed to celebrate Christmas if there aren't saved because the essence of Christ coming will be defeated.

Stay blessed

Here we go again. With our nairaland assumptions. Do you know that someone qouted that same error i corrected in another thread i was in. I asked where he saw that he said on nairaland.he qouted it the exact same way. Let me not asume its this thread undecided
Re: A Must Read About Those Who Celebrate "CHRISTMAS" by PastorOluT(m): 9:02am On Dec 30, 2015
marykaydee:

Here we go again. With our nairaland assumptions. Do you know that someone qouted that same error i corrected in another thread i was in. I asked where he saw that he said on nairaland.he qouted it the exact same way. Let me not asume its this thread undecided

Sigh enough said, please read the original post and ur comment. Guess this is leading to nowhere. undecided

(1) (Reply)

A Governor Will Die In 2016, Warri Will Be Bombed, Popular Prophet Predicts / Why Are Muslim Easily Deceived To Believe Mohammed / Extension Of Public Holiday To Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.