Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** (2348 Views)

The Nairaland Rapbattles Newbies' Tourney -- Sign-up Thread. / |**|NL-King-Of-Poets[2015]-Grand Finale- Llaykorn Vs Jason21|**| / The King Of Poets Tourney: Raplinx Vs Obesemf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by sinizia: 8:22am On Dec 21, 2015
Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21

Gangsters Paradise.

Imagine if all dòpe rappers ascend to Gangster Paradise after their stint on earth. A world where there are no rules, no laws, no murders, no jail time, where niggas can beef-rap against each other, where the likes of Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Jam Master Jay, Left Eye etc., resides. Where alcohols and weed are legalized; imagine such a world and paint a vivid picture of it according to what you envisage would go on it.

Criterias:

Creativity - 2 points

Rhymes - 2 points

Flow - 1 point

Puns and Metaphors: 2 points

Consistency on Topic - 3 points

Imagery - 2 points

Rules:
No recycling, biting, complaining, whining, swaying, free-
posting or bytching.

8 bars Maximum.

Due Date: Friday, December 22th, 2015.

Time: 6:00PM

Good Luck!!!
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Jason21(m): 10:30am On Dec 21, 2015
check . . . . . .
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by JigsawKillah(m): 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Check
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by JigsawKillah(m): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
My man brought the cut-to-size and two doubles, his intention was clear
We got new trouble, bust a few bubbles, it was detention I fear
The tension I hear, bad music for the streets though
That's truely what they're used to, a song with gangs shooting in the intro
The smallest fella in my class, who'd think me robbing?
My confessions are on paper, y'all applaud my sweet rhyming
Gees keep frying, never got too loosed to be roasted
Nigga's tryna be synonyms with the bread, such dudes could be toasted
But this is heaven! Any other thing is a facade
Die here broke, its over, your ghost ain't getting no salad
Soundtrack is funk, East coast beats, Real Nigga's ballads
Only thing staying forever are the names of the real nigga's we've had
I'm being realistic, the Ghettos are a paradise
The Devils are the Five-Os, Angels are the badder guys
The Hymns are the Burning Spears, Gangsta Rap, Bob Marleys
Culture on my deck, heavy smoking listening to Talib Kwali
God is who gets on these Hos hairs cheaply like Darly yakis
Girl cooking weed beans, crackheads be gallivanting
Black Poetry for them Poems lovers. Konto to Dance garala
Niggas quick to jump on a bullet's path, for a trash Valhalla
Where else would a nigga go than Six feet deep
No judgment, it was passed the moment you went kidney deep
Wanna take a soul? The 47 does it with ease
Niggas purify their souls with monkeytail and weed...for this heaven doesn't exist

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Jason21(m): 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
you can pull a long ‘un, braaa………and pass the piff to pac/ here's a lighter too....u don't have to bring it back/
bitches dance to biggie, and make their titt.ies clap/ welcome to gangsters' paradise...it all has to do with rap/
high beats, sisqo style, jam master jay/ bright beams, disco lights, and lazers blaze/......
turn up the bass……it can’t get louder than this/ there’s unity in this town that I live/
where the poor is found with the rich/ and you share bounty with kids/
even fela lights his blunt from the flames outta my lips/ we talk gunplay…with no powders and clips/
coz there's no place for touts and their cliques/ ....creeps crack jokes with big shots/
ibime checks his weight with fat joe and big pun/ no cops parol with a gun/
no bitchy propaganda/..whether from rose or anna/ it's just weed, coke or ganja/
pray and hope for manna/ ...pucker lips upwards and blow to allah/
a chick in the stage wailin’/ let the music start….we hate waitin!/
then the crowd cheer as the dj playin/ nigga…. that’s how we be blazin!/
we drug dealers…i’m proud to be one/ spendin dirty money, and count till it’s gone/
weighin our options…..till we get popped with an ounce and beyond/ we touts with a bond/
…..in oneness, we run this city/ .. it’s fun and pretty/
if good life is what you wish me/ bra....you'll pour me a shot of whiskey!/
we relive the rap game we fantansize/ fork kim the dictator and his lies/…this is the real derailers paradise!/
but with no traits to vandalize/ here you in the same level with the stars/
beef, you settle it with bars/ look…….we the good guys in the day but u can rebel till it’s dark/
don't be scared of the kush...we have dozens/ or scared to booze like a glutton/
coz right here, airmark can push drugs but can’t push the ban button/
picture me standin at the brink of birth/….where the hymns are heard/ a formation of the world where nothin gets worse/
birds burst verses…..they sing for mirth/
a thirst to cherish the life and the livin/ humanity harmonized, willin to fight for what’s given/
no police, no sirens, no life stuck in prison/ lands open and endless/
no war nor invokin revengeance/ a world ‘o growth and resplendence/
we stay focus, relentless/ to bring hope for descendants/
and forever we hold high this piece of prose in remembrance/…

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by sinizia: 12:36am On Dec 23, 2015
Your votes please.

Funlord

Airmark

Emaprince

Alexpissu

Reyginus

Kr0ne

Adanna28

Guykhena
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 23, 2015
Creativity JigSaw
Rhymes JigSaw
Flow Jigsaw
Mets and Puns JigSaw
Consistency JigSaw
Imagery JiSaw.
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by kr0ne(m): 11:20am On Dec 23, 2015
Creativity - 2 points - Tie

Rhymes - 2 points - Tie

Flow - 1 point - Jigsaw

Puns and Metaphors: 2 points - Tie

Consistency on Topic - 3 points - Jason21

Imagery - 2 points - Jason21

MVGT - Jason21!

It surprised me that Jigsaw had a nice script but failed to stay on topic. Jason, however, was consistent throughout but his approach was indirect, although I got the message clearly.
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by funlord(m): 12:30pm On Dec 23, 2015
This battle was strange! Jigs 1st 8 graphs were confusing! He was on some random _shit and did not seem to understand the message of the sort of paradise that his judge had suggested them both to describe! Maybe he just did not know how to open? Later on things picked up and he had some okay bars that redeemed him a bit!

Jason was more cohesive and stuck to the script from the beginning! I really thought you were both going to make a play with so many artists names/personals in your poems which would have killed it( no 'da grin' sef? And Wtf is 'sisqo' doing in there? ), but both guys just seemed lazy and unprepared for such an easy topic! At the end of the day jason did better but men una still fall hand!

MVGT; JASON21!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by sinizia: 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2015
More votes:

Alexpissu

Guykhena

Emaprince

Adanna28
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Guykhena(m): 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2015

Creativity - 2 points- Jason21

Rhymes - 2 points-Jason21

Flow - 1 point-Jigsaw

Puns and Metaphors: 2 points-Jason21

Consistency on Topic - 3 points-Jason21

Imagery - 2 points-Jigsaw

MVGT-Jason21

Jason impressive as always...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 24, 2015
Both netcees, were in a rush to pen down a verse because of the topic (Gangsta Paradise) ....If they had patience we would have no regrets that something beautiful was created.

Jigsawkillah, you restricted your energy more like it was a freestyle to you ...I was expecting you to have a complete balance on the topic. Your starting didn't have a clear beginning ...later in the middle , you put us all in the action . Each an every line will be highlighted ...In between, you missed out on some criteria and that registered some negative points.

Jason21, you had a clear knowledge of the topic but you weren't all that superb though. I was expecting you to throw more creation with the rap artists ....What really gave you an edge was because of your imagery.

Hmmm, it's just an OKAY contest ....I was expecting to see more information rather than convincing us with what we already know. You two are gifted but you lacked the observational approach and consciousness to satisfy the audience.

Well, is not really easy though to pen a verse ....There will always be difference in opinions but I have to admit your voices are not far away.

MVGT-Jason21

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by JigsawKillah(m): 10:51am On Dec 24, 2015
Reyginus:
Creativity JigSaw
Rhymes JigSaw
Flow Jigsaw
Mets and Puns JigSaw
Consistency JigSaw
Imagery JiSaw.

Someone hacked this account?
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 24, 2015
JigsawKillah:

Someone hacked this account?
El ow eL
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 24, 2015
Hmm

Jason21 vs Llaykorn

King of poets Final

I CAN'T WAIT

Cc lalasticlala you must put it on fp when it happens angry

1 Like

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by llaykorn: 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
MuhdG:
Hmm

Jason21 vs Llaykorn

King of poets Final

I CAN'T WAIT

Cc lalasticlala you must put it on fp when it happens angry

You have been swaying an ongoing tournament for the past few days now. _Airmark must hear this!
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
llaykorn:

You have been swaying an ongoing tournament for the past few days now. _Airmark must hear this!
Arrest me tongue
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Emaprince: 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
I dont know if my vote will still be relevant though... but, i think jason21 did better.

MVGT - jason21
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by sinizia: 12:10am On Dec 25, 2015
Emaprince:
I dont know if my vote will still be relevant though... but, i think jason21 did better.

MVGT - jason21

It's very relevant.

And Jason21 wins and moves on to the finals. Congrats bro, i can't wait to see you slug it out with Llaykorn. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by llaykorn: 12:56am On Dec 25, 2015
#GlovesOn! angry

1 Like

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by llaykorn: 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
Guykhena & kr0ne, please when is this going to happen?
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Guykhena(m): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
llaykorn:
Guykhena & kr0ne, please when is this going to happen?
The duel date would be on friday..
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by llaykorn: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
Guykhena:

Thank you, sir.

2 Likes

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Jason21(m): 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
Guykhena:
i seem not to grasp the topic for the finals. what's superstition to a toddler....a child barely walkin and not old enough to understand certain things about life?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Guykhena(m): 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
Jason21:
i seem not to grasp the topic for the finals. what's superstition to a toddler....a child barely walkin and not old enough to understand certain things about life?
Sinizia pls your attention is needed in regards to your topic.....

1 Like

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by sinizia: 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
Jason21:

Growing up, our parents, elders, uncles, aunties etc., fed us with extravagant and atrocious lies/stories (superstitions) of happenings that never happened and we believed them coz we weren't matured enough to think independently for ourselves. Most of these superstitions were meant to strike fears into our hearts. It shaped most of our thought process back then. Examples of popular lies/superstitions includes:

1. Hitting your left leg on a stone is seen as an evil omen or warning to turn back from where ever the person might be going. This omen is taken seriously and the journey is
usually forfeited for the future. Failure to heed the warning could lead to possibly loss of life.

2. Don’t drink the water from a coconut else you automatically become an olodo.

3. It is not a good idea to whistle at night. There is this belief that such whistling attracts snakes to the whistler.

4. Don’t allow people to crossover your hand or leg,else you will give birth to a child with one hand or leg.

5. Owls hooting on a rooftop or on a nearby tree is a bad omen as it is believed that someone in that house will soon die.

6. If your hands are itching without reason, it is believed that some kind of fortune is about to come your way.

7.Eating in the dark is forbidden. It is believed that such act could give room to the dead to eat with you and this could lead to your death or grave ailments.

8. If you spit on the floor and someone steps on it you will have sore throat.

9. Don’t bend over and look through your legs in public, you may see witches.

10. Hitting a man with a broom would make him impotent. It is believed that if a man is hit with a broom he becomes impotent until he retaliates by hitting the person back with a
broom seven times.

I hope you now understand what superstitions are? They were basically false tales/beliefs fed to kids, especially Nigerian kids.

Cc: Guykhena.

2 Likes

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Jason21(m): 8:53am On Dec 31, 2015
i know what superstition means........ elymax gave us similar topic at the last kop. anyways, i want to ask that the deadline be shifted to monday coz i'll be travelin tomorrow and will be busy throughout the weekend.
cc
guykhena
sinizia
llaykorn

1 Like

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by llaykorn: 8:55am On Dec 31, 2015
Jason21:
i know what superstition means........ elymax gave us similar topic at the last kop. anyways, i want to ask that the deadline be shifted to monday coz i'll be travelin tomorrow and will be busy throughout the weekend.
cc
gu ykhena
si nizia
ll aykorn

Hi Jason. I'll be off the internet by Monday.
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 31, 2015
llaykorn:

Hi Jason. I'll be off the internet by Monday.
Is the payment affecting you too? You'd understand if it is.
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by llaykorn: 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
Jason21, our deadline is 7pm tomorrow. Qaisar1 will post my verse at exactly or minutes before 7pm.

Cc:

Jason21
Kr0ne
Guykhena
Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Jason21(m): 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
cc
sinizia
funlord
guykhena
krone
alexpissu

please, whom should i send my verse to? i don't think llaykorn and the guy with his verse are online now

1 Like

Re: ***king Of Poets Tourney: Jigsawkillah Vs. Jason21*** by Guykhena(m): 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2016
Jason21:
cc
s.inizia
fu.nlord
gu.ykhena
krone
ale.xpissu

please, whom should i send my verse to? i don't think llaykorn and the guy with his verse are online now
Post your verse, Airmark will unhide that of llaykorn..

(1) (2) (Reply)

("rap" Just Story Telling)!! / The Holocaust Cypher Of Five (Eliminate The Last Man Standing) / Jassie Vs Lalaboi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.