Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Ore. Investigators: Woman Cut Open, Baby Taken - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ore. Investigators: Woman Cut Open, Baby Taken (858 Views)

Woman Who Attacked And Cut Open The Womb Of A Pregnant Woman Sentenced To 100yrs / Man Was Buried Alive Digs Himself From The Grave With His Throat Cut Open (video / 22 Years Old Woman Cut Off Baby From Pregnant Neighbour’s Womb Claims It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ore. Investigators: Woman Cut Open, Baby Taken by Ndipe(m): 1:32am On Jun 09, 2009
Ore. investigators: Woman cut open, baby taken
Buzz Up Send
Email IM Share
Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print AP – Korena Roberts, with her lawyer Jim Glover is arraigned in Washington County court on Monday, June 8, …
Slideshow:Baby taken from pregnant Ore. woman By RYAN KOST, Associated Press Writer Ryan Kost, Associated Press Writer – 24 mins ago
HILLSBORO, Ore. – A pregnant 21-year-old newcomer to Oregon who was found dead in a crawl space of a home had been cut open and her baby taken from her womb, investigators said Monday. It couldn't be determined if the infant son of Heather Snively died before or after he was removed, the Washington County sheriff's department said in a statement.

A 27-year-old Beaverton woman, Korena Roberts, was to be arraigned Monday on a murder charge in Snively's death.

Investigators have said Roberts claimed Snively's infant was her own. Police were called to the home Friday because a newborn wasn't breathing. Doctors were unable to revive him and told officers that Roberts had not given birth. Police then found Snively's body at Roberts' home.

A medical examiner said Monday that Snively died of blunt and sharp force injuries.

"At this time, it has not been determined if she died because of head wounds she received or as a result of cutting injuries she received to her abdomen," the sheriff's office said.

Investigators said Roberts had been telling friends and family members for months that she was pregnant. They said Roberts may have been in contact with other pregnant women.

Snively had recently moved to Oregon from Maryland because her boyfriend and father of the child had found a better job. He reported Snively missing Friday night.

Snively's mother, Heidi Kidd of St. Albans, W.Va., said Snively met Roberts a few weeks ago through Craigslist, the online classified service. Roberts told Snively she was pregnant and wanted baby clothes, Kidd said. They befriended one another and kept talking online.

Kidd told The Associated Press on Sunday that her first grandson was to be named John Steven.

"I'm still in shock; it hasn't hit me," she said. "I mean, that initial phone call; I just couldn't believe it. I just could not believe I was talking about my own child."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090609/ap_on_re_us/us_pregnant_woman_killed
Re: Ore. Investigators: Woman Cut Open, Baby Taken by Diva1(f): 4:39am On Jun 09, 2009
I watched it on the news too. It was so sad and disgusting, knowing the murderer also had two other kids. Yeah it was shocking.
Re: Ore. Investigators: Woman Cut Open, Baby Taken by biola44: 12:37pm On Jun 09, 2009
this thread shd be under crime,
Re: Ore. Investigators: Woman Cut Open, Baby Taken by Ndipe(m): 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2009
You would think that in a country like the USA where adoption is not a taboo, such incidences wont occur, unlike Nigeria, where adoption for the most part is still conducted in secrecy. Yet, I am yet to read of a Nigerian woman, no matter how desperate she is, killing a pregnant female and running off with the baby in the womb. But this bizzare and ghoulish/devilish acts persists in the USA, a country where adoption is accepted.
Re: Ore. Investigators: Woman Cut Open, Baby Taken by tunku(m): 12:05am On Jun 10, 2009
How about the woman that stabbed her neighbor in the heart in front of that woman's daughter? Abi that happened in another country named Nigeria?
Re: Ore. Investigators: Woman Cut Open, Baby Taken by Ndipe(m): 12:14am On Jun 10, 2009
tunku:

How about the woman that stabbed her neighbor in the heart in front of that woman's daughter? Abi that happened in another country named Nigeria?

Dude, dont digress, the topic is about women killing other pregnant women to steal their unborn foetus and parade them as theirs.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Commits Suicide In Ogun / Manslaughter: Seven People, Including Infant, Shot In Guatemala (PHOTOS) / 28 Yr Old Woman Uses Fake Baby Bump To Smuggle 2 Kilos Of Cocaine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.