Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread (36119 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Carnival 2017 (Photos) / Calabar Carnival 2015: Live Update With Photos / Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Johnsmartinyang(m): 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
Abagworo:

Most of those carnivals are actually modification of Igbo carnivals like Ekpe, Okorosha, Mmanwu, Atilogu etc. Carabali Isuama is simply Isuama in Cuba which is rooted in Isuama Igbo. Let us bring back the real thing. The root of carnivals.
U sabi lie.....Ekpe nah ibom get that one too...and who says its a modification of ur culture abeg tell Robber okorocha to stop the copy copy we will ban him from Uyo and calabar Ewu copycat

1 Like

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by slap1(m): 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
More...

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Peaceworld(m): 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
This is not our culture. This is misleading. Rochas your young people need real jobs not prostitution.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by jamarionj(m): 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2015
wow! the carnival is really Awesome.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
OP, you should bury your head in shame! While you are at it, drag 'Okorosha' along with you. Bring back OZURUIMO, till then, Okorocha can continue to deceive Imolites, arrant nonsense.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by linusbnn(m): 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
[quote author=B69U post=41217153]The carnival should be traditional, not all this Caribbean style carnival. That should be solely for Akwa Ibom, in my opinion.

Let us try to promote and celebrate our culture, art and customs.

Imagine having various traditioanl dancers line the street and various order cultural symbols and practice from the whole igbo town and villages rolling down the street of owerri with igbo music.

Nna imo state can be the home of Igbo carnival. That is a unique selling brand, not everybody doing the same-thing. That is boring. In my Opinion!

Error spotters
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by MhizterWalker(m): 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
All luxurious expending is coming at a time in Nigeria, where the president is same that Nigeria is broke. Please how much was spent on dis so called carnival?.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by linusbnn(m): 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
comradeodunze:
OP, you should bury your head in shame! While you are at it, drag 'Okorosha' along with you. Bring back OZURUIMO, till then, Okorocha can continue to deceive Imolites, arrant nonsense.

Everybody keep condemning what the Governor is doing. Remember it's lack of little play that make Jack a dull boy. Over seriousness is bad
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Abagworo(m): 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
Johnsmartinyang:

U sabi lie.....Ekpe nah ibom get that one too...and who says its a modification of ur culture abeg tell Robber okorocha to stop the copy copy we will ban him from Uyo and calabar Ewu copycat

I guess you're ignorant. Ekpe is not exclusively Akwa Ibom but also Igbo. Learn your country
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by linusbnn(m): 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
MhizterWalker:
All luxurious expending is coming at a time in Nigeria, where the president is same that Nigeria is broke. Please how much was spent on dis so called carnival?.

Abeg enjoy it or go to hell. Abi na u be Dasuki?
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by linusbnn(m): 8:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
Peaceworld:
This is not our culture. This is misleading. Rochas your young people need real jobs not prostitution.

Like say if you see fine and nice girl there,you will not be happy about this beautiful day
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Abagworo(m): 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
jamarionj:
wow! the carnival is really Awesome.

I've seen videos and I think it is the biggest I've seen in Nigeria so far. The carnival is still very active right now going by updates from friends in Owerri.

However next year it should be more innovative. Merge it with Bongo music festival and introduce harmless masquerades with lots of Igbo fashion in different pattern. This could be a selling point for Imo to the world.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by felalegend: 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
I think Owerri is a beautiful and well arranged city. Nigeria is indeed a giant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by omonnakoda: 8:38pm On Dec 21, 2015
The solution is not to ban,I know that is the reflex action of some despots.How about getting involved in active advocacy for the change you desire. Yes it is a shame to copy fully Caribbean carnivals but we must not forget the Caribbean has African roots. We can incorporate and modify.Are we to shun the keyboards and guitar because they are not African?
Cultures change and always borrow and cross fertilize what is important is to have a signature that makes an Ibo Carnival unmistakably Ibo. I wonder how many Ibo champions ever witnessed an Ibo Masquerade Play. This should be an opportunity for showcasing from the breadth of Iboland (not forgetting the recently civilized Yorigbos from Lagos who have learnt how to dress and cook soup properly) so the thing to do is attend the carnival make notes for improvement and submit to the organizers
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by sosiqdude(m): 8:38pm On Dec 21, 2015
Fvck carnival.... I rather go watch village dancing film then this shyt right here....

What da fvck.... What's masquerade? That ish suck!!!!!!
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by youngice(m): 8:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
ujoatu:
All is set for Imo State Carnival.
You will be receiving live picture updates on this thread.
When is it ending
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by somez(m): 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
If it aint calabar, 4get it.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2015
fratermathy:

I tire o! Colonial mentality is worrying us. Personally, I believe we should come up with something truly unique. Something that people can actually say belongs to us. We should patronise our New Yam Festivals, Traditional Community Festivals, etc and bring them all together in a national event that moves from state capital to capital every festive season. That one will be unique to Nigeria and Nigeria alone.

For now, these plagiarised carnivals are nothing but licentious, nude, hegemonic parties thrown to waste money and attract attention.

More of revenue means than Cultural glorification.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by blairlady(f): 9:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
And y should it be for akwa ibom only? Do Akwa ibom dress in dt manner or n d carribean manner? Ibo with their been tribalistic. angry
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 21, 2015
actoor:
That's the best venue to meet girls with
Beards
Moustache &
some Yam-Legs. cheesy
...zip it, why don't you undecided wink
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by blairlady(f): 9:08pm On Dec 21, 2015
oluamid:

You are so on point. I dunno why we can't showcase our culture rather than import wholesale some foreign thing that won't earn anyone a penny. If I was a tourist, why would I want to watch Imo carnival when Brazil is there?
We really need to sell ourselves in this country. Hian!
And why did your opinion take you to the akwa ibomite? Where have you seen the akwa ibomkte dressing as a carribean person? We uphold our culture with high esteem and stop been tribalistic here. Ibo never cease to amaze me with their tribalistic nature in everything

1 Like

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Awaja(m): 9:25pm On Dec 21, 2015
All I see are achebi girl's on display for marriages
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
Afam4eva:

I think it should be enshrined in the constitution that before a person seeks an elective position, that person must attend an orientation course established by the federal government geared towards unlearning some of our colonial teaching and embracing local content. can you imagine what a cultural festival attended by representatives of all communities in Imo state will be like as opposed to this carnival thing.

Its people like you they'll give one small post now and we won't hear your voice again.
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by omonnakoda: 9:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
Those old enough will remember FESTAC. We are still very much capable of doing the right thing but there is a commercialization of Art as we have seen in Nollywood. We did have a robust Theatre and Arts Culture with strong elite underpinning now it is bastardized by money. What should happen is the carnival should have a director with professional background in theatre film or music . Verdict : There is room for improvement don't throw the baby away with the bath water. Get involved ,Thank god for social media

1 Like

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by murphyibiam15(m): 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
blairlady:
And y should it be for akwa ibom only? Do Akwa ibom dress in dt manner or n d carribean manner? Ibo with their been tribalistic. angry
seriously u're a beautiful lady ooo
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by nextstep(m): 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
Afam4eva:
Carnivals should be banned in this country. it's becoming rather embarassing. All the carnivals from Calabar to Lagos to Port Hacourt to Owerri all look the same to me. This is Africa for fvck sake and not the west indies. We should promote cultural festivals rather than this BS.

You know you're right, as you write in English using Chinese technologies, while wearing (probably) an American uniform (jeans and a tshirt) made in Vietnam, sipping on Irish brew wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by zicky(m): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
murphyibiam15:

seriously u're a beautiful lady ooo
lmao, that worgly face that look like the condition of Nigeria
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by mamagee3(f): 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
[size=18pt]Lovely photos so far!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Khez: 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
Which day that one start kwanu? undecided

Waste of money

1 Like

Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by franklingud(m): 10:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
I thought they said money no dey? Why dem go dey spend dis kind money to do something wey no make sense
Re: Imo State Carnival 2015 - Pictures Thread by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
Mr. not-so-dull boy, what I am alluding to is the Ozuruimo festival that has been cosigned to the bin for many years. Imo carnival makes no sense at all the way it is portrayed. Tell me the difference between this and the plethora of carnivals hosted in different cities around the country e.g. Calabar carnival. Let us celebrate the uniqueness of our own! OZURUIMO that I know will outclass this junk of a carnival.
linusbnn:

Everybody keep condemning what the Governor is doing. Remember it's lack of little play that make Jack a dull boy. Over seriousness is bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Col. Stephen Honest Is Dead! Bachama Kingdom Monarch Dies (photo) / How Children Of The Dead Share Proceed Made From Funeral Ceremonies In Igboland / Emir Of Zazzau, Shehu Idris, Dies At 84

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.