Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,410 members, 7,846,738 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (1128 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence / If You Had A Chance To Live In The Biblical Times; Who Would You Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 22, 2015
Re: . by ghostofsparta(m): 8:24am On Dec 22, 2015
Ogade, this is an over-flogged topic here on Nairaland. Seems you're a newcomer! WELCOME.

First of all, your presentation is wrong because what you seem to be asserting falls to grasp what actually is difference between two incomparables FACT and FICTION.

Secondly, your question should have been the scientific origin of human being and religio-mytheological theory of human being which can be Nordic, Greco-Roman, Finnish, Saxonic, Judaic from which you have Biblical/Christian and Quranic/Iislam hypothesis, Oriental believes about the origin and purpose of man and finally - Africanic such as the Yoruba cosmogony of the world and humans which to me has several correlation with scientific facts.

Yes I call that of the Abrahamic accounts on the origin of universe man hypothetical because:

1. It lacks strong evidence to support its claims if called a theory.
2. It's the only surviving of all human myths that still force itself on vulnerably and unreasoning people.

In conclusion, it is not a matter of which is superior, but that of my ancestors is to me is the most reasonable because it has scientific correlation.
Re: . by funnynation(m): 8:24am On Dec 22, 2015
wetin dis fella dey yarn? . . . . Funnynation comedian coming soon!
Re: . by TopeQs: 8:24am On Dec 22, 2015
we all know it's the biblical one........but we deny it because of what the western world tell us, cos we believe most of the things they want us to.

if we evolved from ape man and so on.......what's stopping the apes of this days in turning into human, THEY TIRED?

3 Likes

Re: . by musicwriter(m): 10:46am On Dec 22, 2015
Ultimately, both the bible and science are saying the same thing albeit differences in the details. In fact, sometimes they're both saying exactly the same thing. Example; that the first humans (Adam and Eve) were Africans.

However, be careful of Europeans/Israelis trying to rewrite history.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 22, 2015
I believe both theories might hold merit. It's quite simple really. The Evolution Theory has some irrefutable facts( if it didn't Darwin will be regarded as a lunatic, not a genius).
The Creationist theory also has some credence to it as one marvels at the inexplicable designs in Nature all around us. Therefore, we come to an impasse. The Creationist disbelieves evolution and the Scientist scoffs at the "bible thumping fools."

Intresting, ain't it

However, I believe Africa to be the solution! Yes! Africa still has a thousand religions which has not been explored in-depth. Might it be considered foolish if I say there is something which explains it all here in Africa
Re: . by CoolUsername: 11:26am On Dec 22, 2015
The scientific origin story's greatest flaw is that I has been incomplete. Building a story from the end to the beginning requires research, careful study and observation. While the beginning is still missing, science has made countless breakthroughs during the course of study.

The biblical one - to me, requires evidence for it to hold water, it also requires evidence for me to know why it is placed above that of other religions. Also, the account has a few flaws,
1.) How were plants created before the sun?
2.) Snakes aren't known to talk and do not eat dust?
3.) How did plants survive the flood?
4.) How were 2 pairs of ALL the unclean species and 7 pairs of ALL the clean species of animals fit into a boat? Considering that there are over 8 million species of animals.
5.) When did the dinosaurs become extinct?
6.) How didn't humanity go extinct after all the inbreeding?

2 Likes

Re: . by AgentOfAllah: 1:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
TopeQs:
we all know it's the biblical one........but we deny it because of what the western world tell us, cos we believe most of the things they want us to.

if we evolved from ape man and so on[size=16pt].......what's stopping the apes of this days in turning into human,[/size] [size=20pt]THEY TIRED[/size]?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-bbnUUwaloVU/VFjrKnRqXaI/AAAAAAAAb_k/FFZWA3zWs0g/s1600/wolves.jpg[/img]

*****FACE PALM*****
Re: . by ghostofsparta(m): 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
TopeQs:
we all know it's the biblical one
Who are the 'We' that know it's the storybook for adult aka Bible ?

TopeQs:
........but we deny it because of what the western world tell us, cos we believe most of the things they want us to.
Where did you learned the Bible has its origin from western world, the western worlds formulated their ideologies, philosophies, system of government from what was derived from Greco-Roman cultures and civilization whereas they only utilize the Bible which so Semitic and un-western to fool gullible worlds which the likes of you happen to be a product of.

TopeQs:
if we evolved from ape man and so on.......what's stopping the apes of this days in turning into human, THEY TIRED?
If you can't understand science or lacks the capability to comprehend what evolution is proving with evidence, don't come here to vomit what your western-product worshiping jet-buying self-righteous hypocritical so-called men of god has twisted your thinking with through a process called brainwashing

SirWere:
The Creationist theory also has some credence to it as one marvels at the inexplicable designs in Nature all around us
WTH! So to you, marveling at what is inexplicable to you give credence to creationism ? Do you even know what creationism means ? If you do, then why does a creationist jehova/alah hides from his creations ?
Re: . by AgentOfAllah: 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
TopeQs:

if we evolved from ape man and so on[size=16pt].......what's stopping the apes of this days in turning into human,[/size] [size=20pt]THEY TIRED?[/size]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-bbnUUwaloVU/VFjrKnRqXaI/AAAAAAAAb_k/FFZWA3zWs0g/s1600/wolves.jpg[/img]

*****FACE PALM*****

(1) (Reply)

12 Major Roads Closed As Pastor Chris Visits Ghana / Gospel Hip-hop Fans, Get In Here. / What Is The Meaning Of Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.