Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,898 members, 7,810,449 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Best Gift From My Dad Since 2007......the Richest Man In Babylon. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Best Gift From My Dad Since 2007......the Richest Man In Babylon. (534 Views)

Book Summary - The Richest Man In Babylon Bt George S. Clason / ESUBUNMI: A Gift From The Devil (an Excerpt) / Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Gift From My Dad Since 2007......the Richest Man In Babylon. by autofreak2020(m): 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
It is now eight years since my father gave me his one and only copy of "The Richest Man in Babylon." I was in Senior Secondary School one (SS1) when he searched through his library and handed over the book to me as a gift, I received the book from him with least interest and a little below average show of appreciation to him. He pestered so much on me, so much that I made up some time to read what it contain, I saw text which is akin to that of biblical text (King James Bible version) and I lost interest immediately. One day, I summed up the courage to read through it, the first thing I did was to look up meaning of words like thy, thee, thou, art, thine, naught and so on. Armed with meaning of these words, then I proceeded on my journey, I finished reading through it in 2 days and I couldn't grab much of what the author was trying to pass across to his readers.
Recently, I was looking for a receipt that I kept in my wardrobe. Lo and behold, I stumbled upon this book again. I picked it up and started reading it immediately, now I realize that I could have missed a great deal of knowledge if I had not found this book again.

I am trying to reinvigorate my reading habit, and I want reading to be fun filled and very interesting once more by sharing with others what I have read or what I am reading. By that, it get easier to remember important lessons from books that you've shared with people, you never can guess how many people will also be inspired when you share your knowledge with them.
Irrespective of your niche or category of books you enjoy, you will always find someone to share with on "thinkerspool."

Also, I plan to read more than 150 different books by different authors before I will attain age of 30, I want to have my personal library which may be source of inspiration for my children and children's children later in life . Book categories like memoir of great African icons and former Presidents of different countries, accounts on WW1 and 2, history of great nations, business, finance, relationship, personal development, investment and health are my focus. To achieve this fear, I must start buying and reading 30 books annually starting from 2016. I was able to makeup time to read 16 books in 2015, now I want to achieve greater height next year by taking reading to next level.
If you share same vision with me, let connect and start moving together. Most times, goals are faster achieved with a team.

Thinkerspool is a WhatsApp group solely created to connect readers, it promise to be interesting and it will be fun filled for readers who seldom feel isolated when there is no one to share gists about different books with.
Interested individuals should notify the community
Let talk about books while others gist about season films.
Ralph Waldo Emerson said; If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads.

Finally, if you are so sure that you have only one life to live, then you must know how to select and read great books.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Travel Literature. / Gender Equality. / The Fence by XTGOZIE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.