Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Is CBN Controlling Lagos Banks Different To That Of Ogun State? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is CBN Controlling Lagos Banks Different To That Of Ogun State? (863 Views)

Is CBN No Longer Printing New Naira Notes? / Is CBN Defending The Naira Or Dollar? / Pics Of An Ogun State Based Babalawo Who Advertises His Business Online Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is CBN Controlling Lagos Banks Different To That Of Ogun State? by homebase(m): 10:53am On Dec 23, 2015
Yes, i know the headline will amuse some people.

I own a dom account account with Gtbank which i opened
when i was in Lagos.

All my adsense payments are deposited in the account.

For about 2 month now the only GTbank branch in my area council
of Ogun state told me i can't withdraw cash because the adsense
payment is an inflow.

That i can sell to another person electronically or sell to GTBank via
internet banking which they are claiming is a new CBN policy ( i have
searched for the policy but can't find it, not even on CBN website).

So for the past 2 months i have been selling to GTBank @teeth gnashing
range of N189 - N199 per dollar via internet banking.

But now the reason for this question and thread is shock awakening
of a friend who runs an adsense website but base in Lagos.

When he got the adsense alert last month, i told him he will have to open
internet banking to withdraw the money ( he is using GTBank as well).

To my surprised, he cashed the money over counter in a Lagos GTBank
and sold it to mallam.

That is the reason for this question or what do you think is going on?
Re: Is CBN Controlling Lagos Banks Different To That Of Ogun State? by modath(f): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2015
Sorry, but you have been jobbed!! cheesy cheesy

No policy of no cash FX withdrawal exists anywhere, GTB is just "helping" their mallam customers with free forex!! Round tripping tinz.
Re: Is CBN Controlling Lagos Banks Different To That Of Ogun State? by ibkgab001: 11:01am On Dec 23, 2015
Thanks for making the banker richer by 40 naira on each dollar you sold to him

They play same tape here in OSUN state but they hear am instantly by them self when I monted the counter and didn't allow them to attend to the next customer
Re: Is CBN Controlling Lagos Banks Different To That Of Ogun State? by finalboss(m): 11:09am On Dec 23, 2015
hmmm
Re: Is CBN Controlling Lagos Banks Different To That Of Ogun State? by homebase(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2015
So GTBank has been cheating me all this while!

modath:

Sorry, but you have been jobbed!! cheesy cheesy

No policy of no cash FX withdrawal exists anywhere, GTB is just "helping" their mallam customers with free forex!! Round tripping tinz.
Re: Is CBN Controlling Lagos Banks Different To That Of Ogun State? by homebase(m): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2015
Lol!

I don't even want to calculate it: N40 x thousand dollars = ?

These people are wicked o

ibkgab001:
Thanks for making the banker richer by 40 naira on each dollar you sold to him

They play same tape here in OSUN state but they hear am instantly by them self when I monted the counter and didn't allow them to attend to the next customer
Re: Is CBN Controlling Lagos Banks Different To That Of Ogun State? by modath(f): 11:54am On Dec 23, 2015
homebase:
So GTBank has been cheating me all this while!

Take heart in the fact that no be only you dem job, one guy was also dealt with GT style on the " daily fx rate thread,", follow it & some things will be clearer.
Re: Is CBN Controlling Lagos Banks Different To That Of Ogun State? by bigtt76(f): 9:04am On Dec 24, 2015
Thieves all of them. Beware of doing fx deals with Nigerian banks undecided

(1) (Reply)

Crude Oil Prices Fall To 13-year Low! / Easter Supersaver Hamper You Must Buy / Ago Needed Weekly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.