Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,447 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

The Fedreal Capital Territory To Be Moved To The Eastern Part Of Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Fedreal Capital Territory To Be Moved To The Eastern Part Of Nigeria (611 Views)

Federal Capital Territory Administration Recruitment 2017 Apply / Indigenes Of Federal Capital Territory Protest Unclad Over Marginalization In Ab / See Remains Of Pastor Ajidara Before Been Moved To The Morgue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fedreal Capital Territory To Be Moved To The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by peaceedotcom: 11:07am On Dec 23, 2015
#MoveFCTtoTheEast

So I am a Nigerian, and still believe and look forward to a better Nigeria.

I do not wish or want the country to go through any form of unrest that would destroy our love for each other: Politically, Religion, Tribe, etc…and the general masses.

The Nigerian people have suffered enough since the amalgamation of the Northern and Southern protectorate into Nigeria.

From Bad-wicked-poverty-mentality-driven, and greedy leaders who never cared about the Nigerian people; to Terrorism, to different ethnic groups seeking for freedom in one-way or the other.

I have also wondered how things can actually start looking different in this country, and how we can begin to resolve most long time built up hate and challenges. I have also spent times in prayers asking God for solutions just like many other Nigerian, “…many years of prayers, now its time to act!

I have a list of 5 major changes/strategic moves that the federal government can make to bring lasting peace, obvious, useful, and meaningful development across the country, and a way to instantly bring about REAL/TRUE unity.

I will be revealing them as time goes on, but the first is this:

#TheFederalCapitalTerritoryTOBeMovedToTheEasternPartOfNigeria

This movement will balance the nations development moves, and it’ll make sense to have had the federal capital in Lagos (West), Abuja (North), then my suggestion for a New Federal Territory at the (East)ern part of Nigeria.

I read a few from the official website of FCDA, and I also wanted to download the FCT ACT, as well as the concept of the Mass Housing Guideline, but unfortunately the documents cannot/refused be downloaded.
I wanted to study them to ascertain the vision from inception, and to consider the current development plans, strategy, and also to evaluate the projects against the expectations as regards to the world standards in this 21st century.

I suggest that the Federal government complete the already started projects in Abuja, and to set up new committee to evaluate the current FCT, and to study the rest of the world’s plans and new era technology driven, and the 22nd century development patterns all over the world as to build a new futuristic city we can be proud of in the eastern part of the country.

The FCDA I believe have been implementing projects running into tens of billions of Naira, but the question is…does is meet up to the world class/standards?

This is just a suggestion. People have the right to express their thought about this, but hear me o Nigeria, it is time for action, and less talk.
Re: The Fedreal Capital Territory To Be Moved To The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by geesilver(m): 11:13am On Dec 23, 2015
OP must be high of eastern weed to have demanded for FCT relocation.
Re: The Fedreal Capital Territory To Be Moved To The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 23, 2015
I disagree, not now that the country is broke. Y moving it? There is no point
Re: The Fedreal Capital Territory To Be Moved To The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by Emmyginger(m): 11:22am On Dec 23, 2015
will dis solue our economic probs in any way?,and it is gonna cost much to achieve.
So i totally disagree
Re: The Fedreal Capital Territory To Be Moved To The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by peaceedotcom: 11:47am On Dec 23, 2015
My people. Yes i agree with you that it'll cost a lot to achieve... but i disagree that there is no money to do this. If the recovered looted funds, from the beginning of Ya'radua to end of GEJ is truly channelled to this kind of cause, we would have more than enough to do so.
Does any of you here know how much the FG puts down every year for FCDA? has anyone actually asked to know what and what was done with the funds? has any of you traveled to the eastern part of the country before to see that there is no Federal government presence there? I dont blame the people agitating for Biafra. Like fi any of us here come from the east, and see these things, perhaps you won't be quick to think this is a bad idea. Or Imagine a part of Nigeria which happens to be one of the major ethnic region, with no FG presence.. Wonder what will happen to these whole agitation for Biafra would become..."a thing of the past" if you ask me.
Re: The Fedreal Capital Territory To Be Moved To The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by peaceedotcom: 11:54am On Dec 23, 2015
and oh guys..please take a stroll into the FCDA website and read to see the funny looking projects they are working on, and find out how many billions they cart away with.. http://fcda.gov.ng/
Now with this new government that seeks to attach corruption, i think a better work would be done. A country like SA has more than one capital. It allows for great and circulated development. I think we should step away from playing tribe, politics, hate, etc...but think future.. sad
Re: The Fedreal Capital Territory To Be Moved To The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by peaceedotcom: 11:58am On Dec 23, 2015
my dear no one can solve any countries economic problems. the only thing that happens is when a smarter leader goes in, he upholds great values, and create policies that will take a different turn to make things better...yet it can always get better.. go and check..no government in the world dont have issues. Lol.

Emmyginger:
will dis solue our economic probs in any way?,and it is gonna cost much to achieve.
So i totally disagree
Re: The Fedreal Capital Territory To Be Moved To The Eastern Part Of Nigeria by peaceedotcom: 12:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
Sir/Ma'am,
Don't mind any lie they tell.. the country is not, and will never be broke.
Was it not the same country they told us that was broke during GEJ that we now see all the billions of dollars that was stolen, and is still being stolen. It is always the language of the government to make the citizen look away. Have you not wondered why a state government cannot pay salaries? no new roads project completed, no new major projects o, yet they cannot pay salaries..so what happens to the allocations? better still how about the states investing in different industries and citizen to grow state economy? Mtcheeeew.. I weep for Naija and the lies that has now glued to all our minds..

hopelink1:
I disagree, not now that the country is broke. Y moving it? There is no point

(1) (Reply)

Legislative Aides Storm NASS Over Unpaid N10.6bn Severance Packages / VIDEO: Olamide Entertaining Guests At Toolz And Tunde's Wedding / What We Should Know About Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.