Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,778 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

No Mikel, Musa And Ighalo For Rio 2016 : Siasia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Mikel, Musa And Ighalo For Rio 2016 : Siasia (633 Views)

Ahmed Musa And Wife, Juliet Celebrate Their 1st Wedding Anniversary / Mikel Obi And Ighalo Exchanging Pleasantries Before A Chinese League Game / Full List Of 30 Players Invited To Camp By Samson Siasia For Rio Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Mikel, Musa And Ighalo For Rio 2016 : Siasia by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2015
Nigeria U-23 Eagles Coach, Samson Siasia has dismissed rumors he intends to invite the trio of Ahmed Musa, Odion Ighalo and Mikel Obi for the 2016 Olympic Games.
The competition rules allow teams invite 3 over-aged players for the Under-23 age-grade competition at the summer games and Siasia who ensured Nigeria qualified for its fourth appearance in the football event told footballlive.ng he has not written invitation to any player.

The 48-year-old former Super Eagles player and Coach is currently holidaying in the US after his team’s triumph in Senegal at the U-23 Afcon.

Siasia noted that the break will help put his plans for 2016 Olympics in perspective and when he returns to the country in the new year, he will consider all his options.

‘Right now am away from the country, resting with my family and have not discussed my list with anybody. Yes those players are good and we’ll need the best over-age 3 we can invite but I have not called Musa, Odion Ighalo or Mikel.

‘ When I return to the country then we’ll start out planning for the Olympic Games, but for now there’s nothing on ground.’

http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/no-musa-odion-or-mikel-for-2016-rio-siasia/
Re: No Mikel, Musa And Ighalo For Rio 2016 : Siasia by bennie1980(m): 7:02pm On Dec 23, 2015
Invite mikel and ruin your team. Honestly we have enough quality players in our under 23 set up

(1) (Reply)

Full UEFA Europa League Draws: Man Utd Draws Liverpool / Chelsea Predicted Line-up Against Aston Villa With 2 Key Stars Ruled Out / Atletico Madrid Vs Bayern Munich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.