Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,454 members, 7,843,386 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

How I Spent Christmas As A Kid - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How I Spent Christmas As A Kid (511 Views)

You Don't Have To Rob A Bank To Mark Your Kid's Birthday / Meet Couple Who Spent N26k On Their Wedding (photos) / Details Of How Less Than N700,000 Was Spent On A Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Spent Christmas As A Kid by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2015
REMEMBERING HOW I SPENT CHRISTMAS AS A KID

Christmas comes once in a year and as kids, christmas isn't complete until we embark on a journey called "Yawo" meaning "visitations".

On Christmas day, we make a list of people to visit and we embark on that visit wearing our Christmas clothes, Christmas shoes, Christmas haircut, christmas smile. Everything is special. Everything must be perfect. The haircut must be perfect. Any error, ruins the Christmas and we need to wait till next year to make up for the error, (not acceptable).

We begin the "yawo". Having ate our parents food, we are offered food at every home we visit. No is not in our dictionary. We eat and continue to eat until we start seeing veins on our stomach, like it wants to burst. Towards the end of the "yawo", we begin to beg our host to keep away the food and give us money if they could and the day was perfect.

The next day was the most dreaded day of all called "boxing day". When people all over the world are busy unboxing their gifts, we will be purging and unboxing our stomachs. We just develop this special love for our toilets and the day ends on that note.

We converge many days after, analysing how we had fun eating our lifes out.
Merry Christmas all and eat till you see the veins.

(1) (Reply)

Win Prizes Worth More Than 5 Million Naira In Face Of Altimedia Beauty Pageant / We Will Deliver Cow To Your Doorsteps / Having Any Event Coming Up?read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.