Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,873 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

The Challenges Of A Late Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Challenges Of A Late Marriage (989 Views)

Children’s Day Celebration: The Many Challenges Of Nigerian Children / The Challenges Of Finding A Wife In Nigeria / The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Challenges Of A Late Marriage by boldx(m): 12:15am On Dec 24, 2015
Coping with the challenges of a late marriage is not an easy experience at all. A lot of people would love to get married at least before the age of forty. Quite a number of ladies get married before the age of 40 but it becomes so distressing and annoying when everyone you meet becomes concerned about your marital status, and becomes your marriage counselor. These people do all the talking without knowing that you may have gone through a couple of breakups in relationship, and you are not at least ready to go on another train, at least for sometime. Its quite good to note that some relationships can be quite annoying, time-wasting, ego-bashing and all sorts of debasing experiences. Here are a few words to ponder on as you wait for the right person to grace your life.

Do not allow depression to set in

While you wait for the right man or woman to set in, you must never allow depression to set in. Get yourself busy with activities you love.; work, business, going to swim, spa or gym. Just make yourself feel good, look good and fit. Take good care of yourself and stay in good shape both emotionally, mentally and physically.

Spend your time with good friends

Its true we tend to attract people who have the same ‘heartbeat’ as we do. You need to surround yourself with friends that have a positive image of life and its demands. Friends that will tell you the truth even if it hurts. Our friends sometimes know us better than we do. Do not allow self centred people get the best of you.

Mind your attitude

I have seen some single ladies and guys who are full of themselves and are so self-centred. They will hardly do anything for others unless they have something to benefit from it. Some others tend to snob people badly. They will always wait for you to greet them again and again without making any effort to be the first to greet. I have tried ignoring them but once it a while, I take the pleasure to greet. Bottomline is, do not be bossy, rude or unapproachable.

Be hospitable

Be willing to lend a helping hand to someone. You never know who he/she knows or what role the person is to play in your life. Some people are guardian angels and they lead you to the right people.

Desperation is suicidal

As you wait for the right person, don’t be so desperate to allow any Tom, Dick and Harry into your life. We all need people that will love us for who we are and not for what we have. If you are so desperate, people may take advantage of you.

For young singles, you need to be realistic about your expectations in life. Make sure you treat everyone that comes your way with respect. Do not go into a relationship because you want to use and dump the person. You never know who will swear for you.

Finally, it is better to wait for true love to come your way than to tolerate the person you are leaving with for the rest of your life. So, take your time and enjoy your life.

Visit www.naijahotwire.com

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of A Late Marriage by boldx(m): 10:29am On Dec 24, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Newborn Baby Survives Fall Through Train Toilet / My Husband Is Mad @ Me Cos I Carried out A Birth Control Procedure / Mom Prefers My Siblings And Doesn't Hide It, Is My Plan To Leave A Stupid Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.