Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) (13815 Views)

Money Medicine Scammers Who Defrauded Man Of N31million / Yahoo Boy Who Defrauded Swizz Woman On ‘Badoo’, Arrested. Photo / Brother And Friends Rape 12 Year Girl For 4 Years (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by sugarbelly1: 5:36am On Dec 24, 2015
A man who defrauded two police commissioners has been jailed. Mohammed Isah was sentenced by an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court, to two years’ imprisonment for defrauding the Anambra and Ondo states Commissioners of Police of N154,000.

While the Anambra CP was duped of N150,000, his counterpart in Ondo State was swindled of N4,000.

The court held that Isah was guilty of the offence and handed him the sentence without option of fine.

The convict was said to have operated in Anambra, Ondo and Lagos states between June and December 7, 2015, before he was arrested by the police in Lagos.

The Katsina-born convict had gone to the Lagos State Police Command’s X-Squad Department in Ikeja to complain that some policemen attached to the Rapid Response Squad collected N188, 200 from him.

A police officer, ACP Edward Ajogun, who had served in the Ondo Police Command before he was transferred to Lagos in September, reportedly met him making the complaint.

It was learnt that Ajogun had witnessed a similar scenario of the convict framing some policemen in Ondo with the sole aim of getting compensated.

Isah, who was immediately arrested, had reportedly implicated policemen in Ondo and Anambra states by taking the number plates of their patrol vehicles to the state police headquarters on the claims that they extorted money from him.

It was said that the Anambra Commissioner of Police had paid him N150,000 after he alleged that the cops from the command swindled him of N270,000.

Isah, who had used a pseudonym, Musa Mulamba, also accused a team of six policemen on patrol in Akure, Ondo State, of extorting N140, 000 from him. But the state CP gave him N4, 000 for reporting the matter to the command.
Our correspondent learnt that the allegation led to the dismissal of the six cops.

Isah had on December 12 pleaded guilty to the three counts bordering on fraud when he was arraigned before the court’s Chief Magistrate, Mrs. O.A. Olayinka.

The magistrate consequently sentenced him to two years in prison for each of the three counts, adding that the jail terms would run concurrently without option of fine.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/man-jailed-for-defrauding-commissioners-of-police/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by sugarbelly1: 5:36am On Dec 24, 2015
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by fromnigeria(m): 5:38am On Dec 24, 2015
Why Karma don't catch up this way with the Dusakis is what i don't understand. undecided

My friend should dance 'surugede'
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by Mologi(m): 5:39am On Dec 24, 2015
Useless people...they know how to pass judgement on poor people...

But if na them...u will be hearing diff. Stories

7 Likes

Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by okosodo: 5:49am On Dec 24, 2015
Good for the bastard
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by durubrian(m): 5:59am On Dec 24, 2015
see face...

he must plead GUILTY na... you no trust NIGERIA police?

they'd make him pay in cash and kind ....

1 Like

Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by simplemach(m): 6:08am On Dec 24, 2015
Northerners and begging. What a criminal way of begging.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by chrisifeanyi: 6:30am On Dec 24, 2015
Like someone is not saying the truth here.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:19am On Dec 24, 2015
K
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by AleriwaTj: 9:25am On Dec 24, 2015
This man successful carried out robbery in the police station without carrying gun.

He needs to be commended

17 Likes

Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by moscobabs(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2015
H
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by looseweight: 9:25am On Dec 24, 2015
This boy get liver ooooo

6 Likes

Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by Zico5(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2015
Good, my friend go and enjoy ur loot in hail. But u re not alone o, the likes of Fasuki, Dokpesi etc will soon join u.
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by allisonluvsu(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2015
Nairalandmentor:
Okay
Berrylite:
Ok
AleriwaTj:
Ok
looseweight:
Ok
oluseyiforjesus:
K

Before the end of this year, may u have wat to say beside "OK." grin Compliments #TeamOk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by Berrylite: 9:25am On Dec 24, 2015
Jail straight
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2015
For doing it successfully, they should give him award and not sentence him.
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by Nairalandmentor(m): 9:26am On Dec 24, 2015
In this country it's the poor that suffers it most. I just hope it was done justly.
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by kings09(m): 9:26am On Dec 24, 2015
Chai, see hw they quickly passed judgement witout option of fine sef. While sum1 looted n shared 2billion dollars n granted bail. I guess am right if I say sumtin z spiritually wrong wit dis country.

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by ultrazone(m): 9:26am On Dec 24, 2015
Good for him
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by Sunnycliff(m): 9:27am On Dec 24, 2015
How on earth could officers of high cadre easily fall for such commoner? I pity our Nigeria Police, good for abuse of power.
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by tyson99(m): 9:27am On Dec 24, 2015
and dokpesi was granted bail ontop 2billion naira

Naija
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by rawpadgin(m): 9:27am On Dec 24, 2015
embarassed
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 24, 2015
Reinstate those Officers sharp sharp, but this guy smart ooo. grin
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by Oludrex(m): 9:28am On Dec 24, 2015
Poor man wey steal maggi, na dem face we dey see for mugshot... Rich men wey de thief money dem dey chilling for dem hood... Failed country
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by omojesu202(m): 9:30am On Dec 24, 2015
I want to use this opportunity to beg the DSS to please release Nnamdi Kanu....I saw him through channels this morning n I don't what I saw. When two elephants fight its the grass that will suffer. its about that time...please
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by brunofarad(m): 9:31am On Dec 24, 2015
Some people have guts.....

But

Don't you think this is a case of lack of intelligence on the police comissioners' side ? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 24, 2015
Though what the man did was wrong but why is the Nigeria Law effective when it involves poor people?
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by holadguy(m): 9:33am On Dec 24, 2015
How come fraudster defraud a police man,anyway they also defrauded innocent people so its tit for tat.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 24, 2015

end time thief jailing end time thief.

nonsense

the man was hustling for his end time DEC flexing aloweee since the end time change campaign never brought any goodies..

end time enjoyment though
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by anonimi: 9:35am On Dec 24, 2015
And those (including the CP) who defraud Nigerians of NNNNNNN billions daily are honoured with chieftaincy titles and church/mosque/shrine posts by the 200 million mumus in the geographical expression labelled Nigeria, innit

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2561197_cartoon9_jpeg9492e5da75b5cefb4a3a4f32df3e125d
Re: Man Who Defrauded Commissioners Of Police Jailed For 2 Years(photo) by sosereal201(m): 9:36am On Dec 24, 2015
Actually I witness the whole thing and there is no lie in it . the police men alleged in Ondo were actually dismissed. I pray they be reinstated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRAUD: EFCC Busts $5.5m Corporate Scam / Two Women Arrested For Selling 2-Day-Old Baby In Enugu (Photos) / Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.