Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Ford Edge - Cost Of Maintenance And Availability Of Spare Parts - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Ford Edge - Cost Of Maintenance And Availability Of Spare Parts (3049 Views)

How Efficient Is Isuzu Double Cabin Van, In Terms Of Cost Of Maintenance / Sales Of Spare Parts(iveco,trailers AND ACTROS) / We Are Supplier Of Spare Parts For Sinotruk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Edge - Cost Of Maintenance And Availability Of Spare Parts by GetPosted: 9:29am On Dec 24, 2015
Please I am thinking of getting a 2007 or 2008 Ford Edge, but having serious concerns about the cost of maintenance and availability/cost of spare parts.
1. Do I have to go to the Coscharis and Briscoe's of this world before I can have my car serviced or procure genuine parts?
2. About how much, on average, will routine servicing of the car cost?
3. How expensive are the spare parts compared to similar parts in common brands like Honda and Toyota?
Re: Ford Edge - Cost Of Maintenance And Availability Of Spare Parts by GetPosted: 7:05am On Dec 25, 2015
(Merry Christmas)
Re: Ford Edge - Cost Of Maintenance And Availability Of Spare Parts by invisibility: 10:26am On Dec 25, 2015
I too I'm interested in this info but I think it might get better inputs on the Car talk section.
Re: Ford Edge - Cost Of Maintenance And Availability Of Spare Parts by GetPosted: 5:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
invisibility:
I too I'm interested in this info but I think it might get better inputs on the Car talk section.
Good idea. Hope writing this in the car talk section won't be seen as duplication by the Mods.
I really wish people could respond here.
Re: Ford Edge - Cost Of Maintenance And Availability Of Spare Parts by tonylaw07(m): 8:50am On Dec 26, 2015
I use a 2008 ford Edge limited edition. I must confess it's a good ride but parts are expensive. I have changed the brake servo(30k) for tokunbo. The driver shaft head 20k for tokunbo. I buy my part from a seller at Maryland. He deal only on American cars.
Re: Ford Edge - Cost Of Maintenance And Availability Of Spare Parts by sultaan(m): 12:46am On Dec 27, 2015
tonylaw07:
I use a 2008 ford Edge limited edition. I must confess it's a good ride but parts are expensive. I have changed the brake servo(30k) for tokunbo. The driver shaft head 20k for tokunbo. I buy my part from a seller at Maryland. He deal only on American cars.

Here is the cost of a new one

https://www.google.com/search?q=2008+ford+edge+brake+booster&rlz=1CAHPZY_enUS617US617&oq=2008+ford+edge+brake+b&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.17008j1j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

It is a good truck parts are cheap if you join the forum you will know what will probably go wrong the fix and cost so you won't even need a mechanic to tell you the problem.

The idea is if something will break you won't won't be the first or the only one, they will have fixed all you have to do is follow their advice
Re: Ford Edge - Cost Of Maintenance And Availability Of Spare Parts by GetPosted: 2:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
tonylaw07:
Thanks for this information

(1) (Reply)

Give Away......pristine Bentley Continental GT!! / Reg. Rav 4 2001 For Sale@ 690k (Lagos) / Toyota Corola 2011 Le For 3.3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.