Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. (1176 Views)

Adsense Guru Please Help Me Fast!!! / Advice Needed On Buying Vps For A Project / Web Design Guru Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by 812clothings(m): 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hello Web developers and designers on this forum. Please,i need your suggestion on how to go about creating a fashion blog and e-commerce websites on the same domain name. i.e I want it to serve two purposes, providing hint on how people can rock their outfit well and at the same time shop on same website.
And if there is any trusted,affordable and certified Web developer that can be suggested to do this.
NB: don't mind my terms i'm a mediocre in this aspect
Pls all suggestion and opinion is welcomed and highly appreciated.
Cc adewasco2K lyr0x
Re: Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by Donald3d(m): 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
812clothings:
Hello Web developers and designers on this forum. Please,i need your suggestion on how to go about creating a fashion blog and e-commerce websites on the same domain name. i.e I want it to serve two purposes, providing hint on how people can rock their outfit well and at the same time shop on same website.
And if there is any trusted,affordable and certified Web developer that can be suggested to do this.
Cc adewasco2K lyr0x
i can help with this at an affordable price. 08182346055 dividimall.com , timerng.com , shop.abvfashionacademy.com.ng those are some of my recent jobs i also designed all the banners.
Re: Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by hollyfat(m): 1:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
812clothings:
Cc adewasco2K lyr0x
Check this www.higotech.com.ng and also http://shop.higotech.com.ng . They are two different sites on 1 domain. Call or whatsapp 08130327697
Re: Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by Julius2214(m): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
812clothings:
Cc adewasco2K lyr0x
Something like
Blog = www.safetywiseblog.com
Products = www.safetywiseblog.com/shop
Contact Me
Re: Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by oapeleo1: 8:05am On Dec 25, 2015
812clothings:
Cc adewasco2K lyr0x

I can help u. Just call 08068280130
Re: Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by adewasco2k(m): 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
812clothings:
Cc adewasco2K lyr0x

either you do something like webshop.com and webshop.com/blog or webshop.com and blog.webshop.com
Re: Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by 812clothings(m): 5:02am On Dec 28, 2015
Julius2214:

Something like
Blog = www.safetywiseblog.com
Products = www.safetywiseblog.com/shop
Contact Me
this looks like two different site to me but same domain name. I'm actually saying one site that has 2 divisions(blog and retail centre)that will appear on your screen immediately you click on the url and each division will be serving their purposes.
Re: Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by Julius2214(m): 7:06am On Dec 28, 2015
812clothings:
this looks like two different site to me but same domain name. I'm actually saying one site that has 2 divisions(blog and retail centre)that will appear on your screen immediately you click on the url and each division will be serving their purposes.
I very much understand you. The "contact me" part is not part of them. It's my own personal blog.
Here's what you mean

The blog part of the website is www.safetywiseblog.com
Then the products part is www.safetywiseblog.com/shop

It's the same website
Re: Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by 812clothings(m): 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
Julius2214:

I very much understand you. The "contact me" part is not part of them. It's my own personal blog.
Here's what you mean

The blog part of the website is www.safetywiseblog.com
Then the products part is www.safetywiseblog.com/shop

It's the same website
can I get something like www.abc.com/shop and www.abc.com/styles and pls drop your contact
Re: Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by Julius2214(m): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
812clothings:
can I get something like www.abc.com/shop and www.abc.com/styles and pls drop your contact
Of course you can. Check my contact details on my blog page www.bloggingplan.com/contact
Re: Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by donsheddy1(m): 12:25am On Dec 30, 2015
812clothings:
I understand your need. Call /whatsapp 08031975415.
Re: Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by bedfordng(m): 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
812clothings:
Cc adewasco2K lyr0x
you have create the ecommerce using most of the ecommerce cms app and also create a blog using wordpress. All you need is to make a folder for the blog and upload the wordpress script there.

Your ecommerce site will be your main domain, www.yoursite.com while your blog could be www.yoursite.com/blog.

Better still you may use add on domain, something like blog.yoursite.com
Re: Web Design Guru's Advice Needed. by Dlastofmykind(m): 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
I see no reason why people don't want to help freely.
Must he always call u on something u can easily explain to him?

Bro.

There is something called "Domain" and there is another thing called "subdomain".

Using a layman explanation, domain simply refers to the name that u want your website to be bearing so that when typed to the url address bar of your browser (e.g opera, firefox, google chrome) will redirect you to the website.
Examples of domain names are www.facebook.com , www.google.com etc.
So, if u want to visit facebook now, all u need to do is to open ur opera, google chrome, firefox etc and type www.facebook.com and u'll be redirected to facebook website.

Now, going by what u said, I guess u want a single domain to serve many purposes, thereby minimising ur cost. That's where the issue of subdomain comes in.
Depending on your hosting plan, there will be a limit to the number of subdomains that can be created.

Let me give u this illustration, when u visit facebook on ur mobile phone, you'll see something like "m.facebook.com", if u visit it on a system, you'll see something like "webs.facebook.com" in the url address bar of your website.

That "m" and "webs" are called subdomains.
They are just folders uploaded to the domain of ur website.

So, in ur own case, all u need to do is just to login to ur website cpanel and navigate to the section where you can create subdomains (e.g fashion.website.com, shop.website.com etc), create ur desired subdomain and then link the created subdomains to a folder (which contains the scripts of that subdomain) that has been uploaded in your domain.

Note that: "fashion" and "shop" are just folders uploaded to the domain of "website.com".
Inside the folder "fashion" are scripts/files that will display everything u want concerning the fashion aspect of your website and inside the folder "shop" are scripts/files that will display everything u want concerning the e-commerce aspect of your website.

That's all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Professional Freelance Writer? / I'll Design Any Website For You Free / Verified Nigerian Adsense needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.